Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illinois IHSA moves high school football to the spring, season will start sometime around Feb. 15th.
NIAA (Nevada's IHSA) did the same thing last week. Sounds like collusion...

FWIW, my youngest just got done with 6 weeks of summer practice (where they were temp scanned every day, and wore masks), but now our coaches have no idea how to proceed with conditioning/practice from Aug-Feb in prep for the start of games in Feb. Our NIAA ruling seems to suggest formal practice get deferred until a week or two before games start. Right! No increase in injury potential from that approach! Plus, I doubt anyone weighed the odds of the kids getting pneumonia in Feb (esp being out of condition) vs the odds of kids getting covid. BTW, no one asked the parents or coaches.

Deleted member 716187

D
Training camp in January and games in February at the northern BIG schools will be lovely.
One of my semi pro leagues plays in February thru may. I love it, it's much better than playing in the summer.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
NIAA (Nevada's IHSA) did the same thing last week. Sounds like collusion...

FWIW, my youngest just got done with 6 weeks of summer practice (where they were temp scanned every day, and wore masks), but now our coaches have no idea how to proceed with conditioning/practice from Aug-Feb in prep for the start of games in Feb. Our NIAA ruling seems to suggest formal practice get deferred until a week or two before games start. Right! No increase in injury potential from that approach! Plus, I doubt anyone weighed the odds of the kids getting pneumonia in Feb (esp being out of condition) vs the odds of kids getting covid. BTW, no one asked the parents or coaches.

Collusion???

giphy.gif

Deleted member 716187

D
I love that they are bringing in state linemen. IDC if they are ranked a little lower, they will play with more passion, pride, and a chip on their shoulder and not take the scholarship for granted. It's great to find speed and athleticism all over, but also give me some big strong hard nosed homegrown bullies

Illinivek23

Gurnee
I like this pickup - long kid that can move and has some time to build his body. Seems to have some nastiness, too. This is what the good programs do.

Illinivek23

Gurnee
I like this pickup - long kid that can move and has some time to build his body. Seems to have some nastiness, too. This is what the good programs do.

I love that they are bringing in state linemen. IDC if they are ranked a little lower, they will play with more passion, pride, and a chip on their shoulder and not take the scholarship for granted. It's great to find speed and athleticism all over, but also give me some big strong hard nosed homegrown bullies
He also had offers from Syracuse and Kansas as well... not powerhouse teams but still...

Deleted member 654622

D
Illinois hasn't offered as of today. I'm hearing Tennessee will be offering in the next.
Do you know if they are committable offers? The only information 247 has is a non flattering picture. Clearly a big boy, but he is only a sophomore. Its a lot of SEC schools. Do you know if they have even seen him or are they just following suit and throwing him an offer because Florida did?

Do you know if they are committable offers? The only information 247 has is a non flattering picture. Clearly a big boy, but he is only a sophomore. Its a lot of SEC schools. Do you know if they have even seen him or are they just following suit and throwing him an offer because Florida did?

He went to a camp in Atlanta over weekend which is what created the offers from those schools. I believe they all or committable for now.

I know nothing about the inner workings of recruiting, but why wouldn't we just offer the top 20 in-state players sight unseen? <runs for cover>

The staff has seen him and feels they have time. At least that is what was said at the time.

Deleted member 654622

D
I know nothing about the inner workings of recruiting, but why wouldn't we just offer the top 20 in-state players sight unseen? <runs for cover>
Side A: Shouldn't the staff have already seen the top 20 in state players?
Side B: Shouldn't the Illinois offers mean more than just hotcakes thrown around with no merit?
Side C: Do we really think we have a chance up against all the SEC schools? If not, should we be allocating a material amount of time in his recruitment?

I don't know the answer sir. I just know the general perspectives of this board. Figured I would just list them and call it a day

Deleted member 746648

D
The top 20 now might not be the top 20 when it's time for them to commit. Of course coaches can rescind offers at anytime but that's not how lovie is looking to build a program (right or wrong).

I'm really not against us going to the sec style of recruiting. Offer nearly everyone, pull offers if they stop looking promising, over recruit and make the extra recruits walk on or gray shirt them. Sure it might be unethical but winning is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.