Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Maybe he meant Ricky is switching to 14????????? Big stretch
I don't think this happens/

He may not qualify for a waiver, which means, he sits a year, in that scenario Ricky is gone.

I haven't heard anything abut Ricky Smalling leaving the team. I don't imagine there is a reason for the starting receiver to leave in his senior year

South Carolina
Don't know why. Just know he will not be playing for Illinois this year. The edit from Thompson just confirmed it.
I wouldn't consider that confirmation. I hope somebody has something more concrete.

The BheBhe brothers would be a very nice WR combo in our march toward the 2020 Big 10 title!

Throw in the Big 10's top returning OL, Trevon Sidney as our speed guy, and then Ford/Barker at TE and we'd have some very nice targets for Peters.

His TE brother is a BIG BOY. Don't really see us as a good fit with Ford and Barker already. But what do I know
I agree and especially as a senior. Maybe if he was younger and we could absorb Luke Ford’s loss if he heads to the NFL early, but we’d potentially lose them both at the same time.

Minneapolis...Near PJ Fleck's Rowboat Emporium
So for all of the insiders/expert types, how likely would you say the following would be to close out the freshmen in this class?
Gesky
Brenson
Barlev
Lillibridge
Peterson
DE TBA
WR TBA
Simmons (if Collier flips)

Read Werners piece on Strain. In it he refers to him as undersized. Is that a weight/muscle thing or is he just wrong or do I not understand? As far as I can tell Strain is 5-10 or 5-11 neither of which are undersized. I mean Wisconsin has like 4 or so DBs at 5’10 or less.

Read Werners piece on Strain. In it he refers to him as undersized. Is that a weight/muscle thing or is he just wrong or do I not understand? As far as I can tell Strain is 5-10 or 5-11 neither of which are undersized. I mean Wisconsin has like 4 or so DBs at 5’10 or less.
Search his twitter. He does not look very small IMO

Illini Basketball vs. Football Comparison:

Brad Underwood - on average, BU is pursuing and attracting 4-star talent
Lovie Smith - on average, Lovie seems to be attracting low 3-star recruits

This worries me.
Illinois basketball has a better history and isn't quite as much of a laughing stock in the B1G. I doubt football will ever draw more attention than basketball here.

Cincinnati, OH
From what I have read and heard I will put out confidence for each.
Gesky- 8
Brenson- 9.9
Barlev- 9.9
Lillibridge- 3
Peterson- 6
Simmons- 5

I'm guessing the recent Flair tweet from Rod is related to Barlev.