Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,052      
Yeah for whatever reason every conversation about anything at all ends up in the recruiting thread. This place is impossible to get through when big things happen. The few weeks leading up to Cliffmas was the worst. I remember coming home from school with 20+ pages everyday.

Anyways....it would be hilarious if Bruninga ended up on the team. 95% of people on this board shoot down the idea every time it is brought up.

#2,053      
Yeah for whatever reason every conversation about anything at all ends up in the recruiting thread. This place is impossible to get through when big things happen. The few weeks leading up to Cliffmas was the worst. I remember coming home from school with 20+ pages everyday.

Anyways....it would be hilarious if Bruninga ended up on the team. 95% of people on this board shoot down the idea every time it is brought up.

Months ago, I joked that Bruninga and Smith might just be a package deal and people LOL'ed. Man what if that would happen.:)

#2,055      

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal
Mark Smith's last OV will be to Ohio State this weekend. We'll get an in home after that, apparently.

#alligatorblood

#2,056      
I saw a bruninga highlight video of him dribbling between his legs in slow motion.....Just dribbling. In my opinion he doesn't pass the eye test but that doesn't mean that a kid with the right work ethic and attitude can't get any better.

#2,057      
Had to double check if this was the recruiting thread or BWood coaching thread

Let's get to some recruiting chit chat.

I'm optimistic we will be pretty happy with how everything shakes out

#2,058      

Deleted member 8213

D
Mark Smith's last OV will be to Ohio State this weekend. We'll get an in home after that, apparently.

#alligatorblood

Could be wrong but this dont seem so bad... hard to see how Smith ends up at OSU. We weathered Izzo.

#2,059      

#alligatorblood

C'mon man. You couldn't save it until midnight!?

#Wednesday

In all serious, I like this news for face value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2,061      

#alligatorblood

He announces during in-home, then with Frazier, Williams, Kiir, Smith, Johnson, + another we will be back Top 8 Class?

#2,064      
Could be wrong but this dont seem so bad... hard to see how Smith ends up at OSU. We weathered Izzo.

Not so sure about that. I still think MSU is probably leading, but Illinois is not out of it

#2,067      
For those worried about BU's lack of communication with the power brokers at the 4 major HS programs in Chicago.....maybe this is the right approach for once...send a signal that the U of I can and does survive without them. Every coach we have had has reached out early and what has that gotten us? We become the fallback school because they are too comfortable with us. Maybe I am delusional but I kind of like this approach....definitely not saying don't reach out but maybe a delayed reach out works best for us. Kind of puts things in proper order

#2,068      

foby

Bonnaroo Land
This would be the class I'd love to see - Frazier, Williams, Smith, Badocchi, C Johnson (grad transfer), Bragg (transfer), And DREAMING BIG either McCoy, Bamba or Kiir.

#2,070      

Bailey

Los Angeles
I saw a bruninga highlight video of him dribbling between his legs in slow motion.....Just dribbling. In my opinion he doesn't pass the eye test but that doesn't mean that a kid with the right work ethic and attitude can't get any better.

Shades of the legendary Jack Krap

259fi48.jpg

#2,072      
For those worried about BU's lack of communication with the power brokers at the 4 major HS programs in Chicago.....maybe this is the right approach for once...send a signal that the U of I can and does survive without them. Every coach we have had has reached out early and what has that gotten us? We become the fallback school because they are too comfortable with us. Maybe I am delusional but I kind of like this approach....definitely not saying don't reach out but maybe a delayed reach out works best for us. Kind of puts things in proper order

I think you are :D

We have been irrelevant for 12 years and their programs continue to thrive sending multiple players to the NCAA, top programs, and the NBA. You think they lose any sleep about Illinois?

See how the staff is shaping up and some of names thrown around as possible candidates. 1+1...

#2,073      
I think you are :D

We have been irrelevant for 12 years and their programs continue to thrive sending multiple players to the NCAA, top programs, and the NBA. You think they lose any sleep about Illinois?

See how the staff is shaping up and some of names thrown around as possible candidates. 1+1...

Exactly.

You do what you gotta do

#2,075      

davesworld

Athens
BU was Self's pick for coach of the confrence amongst coaches. I could be mistaken but i thought i saw somewhere state (I've looked for the link, but I'm not savy like that) that all the other coaches (including BU) picked Self

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.