Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (January-February 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,101      
UConn evaluating Ollie at years end? Could be a Lukas Kisunas opens back up for recruitment?

If Ollie leaves does this possibility maybe exist? He did visit right before choosing/signing?

#1,102      
Has Illinois even been in contact with Chris Sodom or Georgetown because Im pretty sure he would still be classified a transfer.

Georgetown's stats say he played in 6 games, for a total of 27 minutes. I suppose if he sat out the 2nd semester, he could possibly be eligible 2nd semester.

#1,103      
UConn evaluating Ollie at years end? Could be a Lukas Kisunas opens back up for recruitment?

If Ollie leaves does this possibility maybe exist? He did visit right before choosing/signing?

Yes, we just need to wait to see what happens. Also waiting for any announcement at SLU, with Carte'Are Gordon considering decommitting if the situation is not what he committed to at the time. He would join the froncourt to help load it like Michigan State and give Black and Finke some help.

A class of Ayo, Ramey, Jones, Gordon, and Kisunas to round it out and we are talking a national championship contender. Book it. The perfect Orange and Blue storm.

#1,104      

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Yes, we just need to wait to see what happens. Also waiting for any announcement at SLU, with Carte'Are Gordon considering decommitting if the situation is not what he committed to at the time. He would join the froncourt to help load it like Michigan State and give Black and Finke some help.

A class of Ayo, Ramey, Jones, Gordon, and Kisunas to round it out and we are talking a national championship contender. Book it. The perfect Orange and Blue storm.
I'll have what he's having.

#1,106      

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Sign 5 now? Sounds legit.

#1,108      

Deleted member 631370

D

I'm still holding out for Gordon, Rose, Evan Turner, Etwuan Moore, and Mac Koshwal. Though I'm just afraid we're not going to be able to find enough minutes for all of them!

#1,109      

Tevo

Wilmette, IL
I'm still holding out for Gordon, Rose, Evan Turner, Etwuan Moore, and Mac Koshwal. Though I'm just afraid we're not going to be able to find enough minutes for all of them!

Why would Gordon and Rose come to Illinois just to sit on the bench behind Frazier and Smith? Get real, man.

#1,110      

I Bomb

Stylin' and Profilin'
Don't forget the Brunson/Evans lock

#1,112      

I Bomb

Stylin' and Profilin'
Evans was the lock. And if it was up to Brunson he would have come to Illinois too. Dad led him to Villanova. :thumb:

I actually thought Evans was coming. But especially towards the end there, when things started to rapid boil the Ron Paul gifs started coming out that both were going to commit. Old (hope) habits die hard. We got neither. Didn't get Shamet, either :D

#1,114      
Evans was the lock. And if it was up to Brunson he would have come to Illinois too. Dad led him to Villanova. :thumb:

The infamous BrooksTaylorFan lock on Evans. It is what made "lock" a dirty word on the forum. Wonder where BTF is these days.

#1,115      
The infamous BrooksTaylorFan lock on Evans. It is what made "lock" a dirty word on the forum. Wonder where BTF is these days.

Or the Dcudds kiss of death. I swear every single thing that guy predicted was wrong. And he claimed to be some kind of insider. Absolutely incredible.....:tsk:

#1,118      

Deleted member 631370

D

The first infamous "lock" I remember was Julian Wright. Don't remember who said it, but lots of people ran with it.

That led to "Julian Wright is a lock" photoshops with Julian Wright as a padlock with arms, legs, and a head.

Rest in peace to the dream class of Wright, Luke Zeller, Bobby Frasor, Brandon Rush, etc.

#1,119      
Everything right now revolves on getting some size. Finke plays out of position every night and is more of a rotational player than a major minute player. Black has become a nice offensive player but is undersized and struggles to guard size. If we want to contend for a NCAA birth next year we need at least one and probably two bigs that can play significant minutes next year.

#1,122      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Have Kansas and Markese Jacobs parted ways yet? (not that we should have interest)

#1,123      

The infamous BrooksTaylorFan lock was no DJax, not Evans. By the time the Evans recruitment rolled around, and multiple other posters jumped to the "insider" fame game, BTF was really posting a lot less.

#1,125      

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago

I wouldn't throw in the towel yet, but **it's not ideal**

Also, can Kansas stop using us it's own personal scouting service?? I swear if we watched a kid play in Indonesia, they'd do an in-home with the kid the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.