Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (January-March 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,355      
Da'Monte time!!!!!!! Going to be a lot of fun watching him and Goodwin today. Get my mind off the mess in Champaign right now.

#2,363      

Doc I

Warrenville, IL
Watkins looks pretty good as a junior. Is there any interest?

#2,364      

FT35

Naperville
Watkins looks pretty good as a junior. Is there any interest?

He has an offer from Bethune-Cookman.

He leads Manual in scoring and rebounding, but his size is a concern. If he was 3 inches taller.....

#2,366      
Monte struggling to get it going while battling foul trouble. Good thing it's not a college game, that was a heck of an elbow he threw at the Lincoln Way kid, would have gotten a T for sure with college video review. Hopefully he goes off in the second half, I want to see Manual Althoff tomorrow

#2,367      
Tied at 23 at the half. Da'Monte on the bench most of the time with foul trouble, 2 points.

Having not seen a lot of high school ball recently, I forgot how they play a 6'3 guard inside. He's fairly misused for his skill set by necessity of not having a lot of size. Would love for him to handle the ball like Matt Chastain did for Leroy

#2,368      
WhitesideBB;1204218 a heck of an elbow he threw at the Lincoln Way kid said:
Off topic, but is anyone else fed up with the constant rush to the monitors anytime the refs see someone's hand, elbow, peg leg, or european handbag (manpurse) withing 3 feet of another players noggin? "Did his elbow graze the guys forehead?" You know what, yes it did, but if a ref saw the play as it happened, chances are it wasnt that big of a deal if you have to go review it.

#2,369      

Deleted member 10676

D
Having not seen a lot of high school ball recently, I forgot how they play a 6'3 guard inside. He's fairly misused for his skill set by necessity of not having a lot of size. Would love for him to handle the ball like Matt Chastain did for Leroy

He really needs to tighten his handles --that's the main reason Da'Monte isn't playing much guard.
So far this has been one of his low motor, low assertiveness games except for when he whacked the kid across the chops. And then made a very dumb third foul in the back court. Whole Manual team except for Romon looks lethargic so far.

#2,370      
Off topic, but is anyone else fed up with the constant rush to the monitors anytime the refs see someone's hand, elbow, peg leg, or european handbag (manpurse) withing 3 feet of another players noggin? "Did his elbow graze the guys forehead?" You know what, yes it did, but if a ref saw the play as it happened, chances are it wasnt that big of a deal if you have to go review it.

Going to the monitors in general is completely out of control. We need to move towards a coaches challenges system.

#2,372      
And the clock checking, my god, the clock checking :mad:

If there is more than 1, ONE, second on the clock you should not be checking the clock unless one of the referees saw a clear, dramatic error during the play.

#2,373      

Deleted member 19448

D
The replay reviews in college hoops are easily the worst in sports. There are 3 refs out there and if one of them can't determine if contact was excessive they need better refs imo. They look at every situation when someone gets hit. It is overkill.

#2,374      

Deleted member 10676

D
MP and PM, back to back. Pretty impressive for a 9 loss team for a school that's only been open for 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.