Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July-August 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Kris Wilkes (2017 G) Official Visit
Illinois - September 9-11

Abu Kigab (2017 SF) Official Visit
Illinois - September 16-18

Illini Commits w/ commitment date
Javon Pickett (2017 G) - January 16
Da'Monte Williams (2017 G) - February 28
Jeremiah Tilmon (2017 C) - July 11
Trent Frazier (2017 PG) - August 21

Last edited:
Welcome to the jungle, ladies and gentlemen. July is where the magic happens.

Welcome to the jungle, ladies and gentlemen. July is where the magic happens.

July is just foreplay, September is when the real picnic begins. Hot dogs will be a grillin and Dee will bring the Ranch dressing. It's all about the Officials. All toes in at Groce's pool. Recruits want to meet Lovie and the real coeds.

whovous

Washington, DC
How many rides does Smart have and how does this commitment affect his recruiting of Tilmon?

t7nich

Central IL
How many rides does Smart have and how does this commitment affect his recruiting of Tilmon?

The article says this is their first commitment and they could sign a total of 4 or possibly 5 players for 2017. I think I'm more concerned about them snagging Goodwin.

The article says this is their first commitment and they could sign a total of 4 or possibly 5 players for 2017. I think I'm more concerned about them snagging Goodwin.

It seems like people are more concerned about Texas with Goodwin than MSU. Any reason?

JJB

Chicago, IL
It seems like people are more concerned about Texas with Goodwin than MSU. Any reason?

Because his tenacity and skill set are tailor-made for the "Havoc" system.

LaLu adds Jordan Poole for 2016/2017. They must really want that National Championship.:thumb:

Nojel Eastern gets a Michigan offer today after an unofficial on Wednesday.

Four-star power forward Royce Hamm commits to Texas
"First off it’s close to home," Hamm said when asked about his pledge. "My family can come see me and it’s a great program."

Why can't the good Illinois kids think like this?

You missed that last part. You need to make the NCAA's once in a while to be 'great'.

217sports

Springfield
Four-star power forward Royce Hamm commits to Texas
"First off it’s close to home," Hamm said when asked about his pledge. "My family can come see me and it’s a great program."

Why can't the good Illinois kids think like this?

They do? Damonte williams for example? It's a 4* kid. Illinois have had their fair share of kids who think like this.

217sports

Springfield
True, but when was the last time we got the highest rated player in the state? Jereme Richmond maybe? If we ever want to return to what we were in the early 2000s, we need to lock down the best player(s) in the state every year.

I'm not sure what Texas landing the #10 kid in their state (#111 overall) has to do with us locking down the #1 kid in Illinois year after year.

Because his tenacity and skill set are tailor-made for the "Havoc" system.

A system predicated on speed, quickness, and pressing? I'm not sure you've seen him play. He's actually none of those things. His skill set is tailor-made for MSU with rebounding and transition from defense to offense.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
I thought this was pretty cool. RaiQuan Gray recruiting photoshop.

https://twitter.com/Tgray4/status/748932115278884864

CmS9yJyVYAAll6h.jpg

July is just foreplay, September is when the real picnic begins. Hot dogs will be a grillin and Dee will bring the Ranch dressing. It's all about the Officials. All toes in at Groce's pool. Recruits want to meet Lovie and the real coeds.

Thought this was Kenny Battle for a quick minute.

UIHoopsRecruits retweeted
Darren Wolfson
Jul 1
Darren Wolfson ‏@DWolfsonKSTP
#Gophers target McKinley Wright will take official visits to ISU, Dayton, + Xavier, he told me yesterday. Decision coming in Oct., he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.