Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July-August 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10676

D
http://suntimeshighschoolsports.com/2016/07/11/henricksen-impact-illinois-commit-jeremiah-tilmon/
Henricksen: The impact of Illinois commit Jeremiah Tilmon

Goodwin, a 6-3 guard and a consensus top 75 prospect in the country, is fresh off winning a Class 3A state championship and impressing everyone who watched him this past spring. The fawning over Goodwin continued this past weekend while playing in the prestigious Peach Jam. Now Tilmon will begin working Goodwin to join him in Champaign.
“Now the pressure is on him,” Tilmon said with a laugh of his friend and the state’s No. 1 prospect. “I’m going to get him to come with me. I’ll be recruiting him.”
Calling this a big shot in the arm for Groce and the Illinois program may be underselling the impact of the Tilmon commitment. It’s one thing to have the new athletic director in your corner when the program is struggling; it’s another when one of the top players in the country takes the leap of faith.

We really have very few insiders on this board. Those posting emojis as info are usually just those who have access to a premium board and want their 15 minutes of fame here. Quite entertaining

Stuemke5 called it on the money! And for those of you might think it is a fluke, I will let you know that Stu has been on top of this recruitment from the begining! He and I have talked about Tilmon since September of last year, and he has always been in the know!

Great Work Stu!

:hailtotheorange:

Tevo

Wilmette, IL
Can I finally dust off this old one? It felt it had some bad juju for a while, but I think Tilmon can clear that away...

Illini_Reloaded.jpg

Chris Yates

Recruiting Correspondent
Michigan
Thank you Jalen Coleman-Lands, for believing.
You set the table.
May your jumper always drop.

I'd like to point out that we're developing a LaLumiere pipeline! Must be those LaLumiere alums working on the kids who are now on the team. ;)

The "Pressure on you now good @jGoodwin123" has me feeling that it has already been decided and Goodwin will let the smoke clear before announcing. Don't see one friend putting another on the spot unless they are either heavily considering it or are already in. Could be wrong of course but the Orange Kool-Aid is flowing....

The "Pressure on you now good @jGoodwin123" has me feeling that it has already been decided and Goodwin will let the smoke clear before announcing. Don't see one friend putting another on the spot unless they are either heavily considering it or are already in. Could be wrong of course but the Orange Kool-Aid is flowing....

Clearly a banner day for the program. It's been at least a couple of years (and disturbing arrests) since I felt any optimism about this program.

To me, Goodwin is not the cherry on top, he is the whole sundae. If Tilmon gets you Goodwin, this is a challenger to win the conference and make some noise in March.

This has got to be the case. There's no way Tilmon would do something like that unless they mutually know something we don't. This is really happening :chief:

Smacko

Lexington, KY
This has got to be the case. There's no way Tilmon would do something like that unless they mutually know something we don't. This is really happening :chief:

Bret Beherns ‏@WCIA3Bret
Next big target for #Illini is Jordan Goodwin, who is best friends with Tilmon. Goodwin's dad told me, "I think they'll play together."

Well if this quote is from today then we are really sitting pretty.

Bret Beherns ‏@WCIA3Bret
Next big target for #Illini is Jordan Goodwin, who is best friends with Tilmon. Goodwin's dad told me, "I think they'll play together."

Well if this quote is from today then we are really sitting pretty.

Would like to know if this is from today.... I doubt it though... A couple more tweets I saw in the past half hour. Excuse the quotes and not the actual tweets as I dont like using twitter or fb on my work computer.

"s/o to my guy @jeremiahtilmon_ on his commitment to illinois today. Best has yet to come Stay tuned #puresweatfam #coreyfrazierpureswear " - CachFraz32

"Imma make this move" - JGoodwin1123

The Goodwin one is probably something off topic, but hey I am too jacked up to think its something different!

Smacko

Lexington, KY
Would like to know if this is from today.... I doubt it though... A couple more tweets I saw in the past half hour. Excuse the quotes and not the actual tweets as I dont like using twitter or fb on my work computer.

"s/o to my guy @jeremiahtilmon_ on his commitment to illinois today. Best has yet to come Stay tuned #puresweatfam #coreyfrazierpureswear " - CachFraz32

The Goodwin one is probably something off topic, but hey I am too jacked up to think its something different!

Behrens just said the quote was from the state tourney in March, so not recent. But still good news.

Before people get too excited, he did send the bolded tweet last night, so it isn't likely to be a reaction to today's news.

Before people get too excited, he did send the bolded tweet last night, so it isn't likely to be a reaction to today's news.

But I assume he knew before the world knew, he probably knew last night. But with kids who knows, he could have been making a moving to go get something to eat lol.

I feel 99% sure that Goodwin is already in. I think that he--and potentially some other highly regarded prospects--were waiting for Tilmon to commit and signal that it was on for sure. Now that Tilmon is in, I think that Goodwin is in, too. And I think that guys like Justin Smith and Nojel Eastern are likely seriously thinking about jumping on a ride, which puts pressure on Paul Scruggs to consider coming on board.

If, and it's still a long shot (!), Scruggs were to commit, I think that guys like Wilkes and Bowen would at least give us a hard look (despite the fact that they're currently leaning hard toward other programs). Conservatively, something like Tilmon, Goodwin, Frazier, and Kiir/Uyaelunmo/John still makes this a top-10 class.

Chris Yates

Recruiting Correspondent
Michigan
Tilmon's roommate next??

Wouldn't that be something?! I'm not counting on that domino falling, but I'm increasingly hopeful about Tyger. :thumb:

Seriously, JCL's commitment may turn out to be the moment that we began turning the corner under Coach Groce. We may not have realized it at the time, but I think JCL is one of those guys who quietly leads and then others follow. He's all class.

Last edited:

midastouch11

New York, New York

Jeremy said on the radio that Derek was told this was happening by Tilmon on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.