Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
Samba - 7' 0", Ebo - 6' 9"
Finke - 6' 10", Leron - 6' 7", Matic - 6' 10"
Tevian - 6' 6", Kipper - 6' 6"
Griffin - 6' 5", AJ - 6' 5", DaMonte - 6' 3"
Ayo - 6' 4", Trent - 6' 1", TeJon - 6' 1"

That's adding some good size to our roster.

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
Ebo may start over Finke, but I wouldn’t bet on it unless he makes big strides in his offensive game.

I definitely don’t see Leron ever playing the 3. That would be asking for even more foul trouble.

I'd rather have Ebo in for defense and lane protection (he will improve over the summer/offseason). With 3, possibly 4 offensive weapons in Leron, Trent, Kipper and possibly Ayo, I don't think you need Finke in there to start.

I'd rather have Finke/AJ/Griffin coming off the bench to stretch the D with 3s if Leron/Trent/Kipper are having an off shooting night.

Leron will get a grip on his fouling this offseason. They will all improve on closeout defense and hopefuly on court decision making... LOL. The move to the 3 would be to create offensive mismatches. I don't think it would happen often, but his improved shooting range could draw a bigger lineup out, or against a smaller lineup could create post up mismatches.

If we get Jones (likely at this point) and keep Te'Jon do we redshirt Griffin?

That's a huge assumption. I'd still take the field over us, if I were a betting man.

There is more energy and excitement around this program behind the scenes than meets the eye. Ayo and Trent are doing an outstanding job selling the program. My bet is on a Jones committment.

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
If we get Jones (likely at this point) and keep Te'Jon do we redshirt Griffin?

I wouldn't. Not if that kid can shoot anywhere close to the 48% from three that he did this year.

I wouldn't redshirt anyone, in this day and age, unless it's a project big and we have the luxury, which we don't have this coming season.

Isn't redshirting in basketball fairly rare these days?

Finke was our most recent redshirt. When you have the numbers it is more likely to happen. And we would definitely have numbers next season (at guard at least) if Te'Jon sticks around.

aeolus13

Chicago
What a huge get. This guy looks really good and fills a major need.

I wouldn't. Not if that kid can shoot anywhere close to the 48% from three that he did this year.

I wouldn't redshirt anyone, in this day and age, unless it's a project big and we have the luxury, which we don't have this coming season.

good point. most redshirts these days are for bigs anyways.

How does Kane's game compare to the bigs we offered and lost in the fall?

He is a project, no doubt. But he's a good grab at this stage. I think you can make a case that out of Conditt, Castleton, Thamba, Manuel, Bezhanishvili, our boy Samba is the best athlete. So lots of upside.

Hopefully someone still has a copy of the Mike Tisdale diet plan.
Last time we invoked the Tisdale diet, it was up to 8,000 calories a day. The number keeps climbing as time passes on.

I think it's one of the better board jokes.

Assuming no one leaves, who's at the top of the list? Trice, Jones, or Ramey?

Obviously am hoping Black & Lucas stay above all else. However the word about Matic Vesel going home to Slovenia would open up a spot?

Further, what are the coaches putting in the orange & blue Kool Aid? Both Griffin & Kane were fast to accept. Which is awesome! Hope the mix works on Jones this weekend! :thumb:

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
Assuming no one leaves, who's at the top of the list? Trice, Jones, or Ramey?

I'd say Jones, because I think Ramey is a decent long shot for us right now. I see him going to Miznoz.

I'd be happy with any of those three.

#1,000      
I am PE teacher. I actually attempted to bank in my free throws the other day! Made the 1st one. Then missed about 7 or 8. I should add that I am not a shooter whatsoever!

Well yea your a PE teacher....:eek::chief:

Status
Not open for further replies.