Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May-June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,951      

illini80

Forgottonia
Getting THT to commit would be huge. I'd be very happy with another 5th year big. If underwood can pull all that off, wow. Just wow. We will be rolling!

#1,952      

CAHALL15

Central Illinois
Is THT visit official???

He didn't say. He made it sound like an unofficial, but he didn't say specifically either way. Per his podcast, he said something to the effect of THT is on board and just wants to visit to make sure he likes the campus and such.

#1,954      

Smacko

Lexington, KY
Would be great to get a guy like THT on-board early. Not sure it will happen this week, but it would be a very good start to the '18 class.

#1,955      
These UV's allow the staff to "workout" these kids in an open gym against present players.Of course, staff can't be present.:D

#1,963      

Bubba Eder

Northeast Missouri
so just what generally happens on an unofficial? what is restricted and what is allowed? how do we separate ourselves from the rest of the pack? please and thank you

Maybe all it takes is a apecial cheerleader :D:D:D

#1,964      
I tried to post this but could not and I didn't know where else to put it, but, Dee Brown was at a KU function this week. I have a picture on my phone but don't know how to post it. What the heck???

#1,966      

CAHALL15

Central Illinois
I tried to post this but could not and I didn't know where else to put it, but, Dee Brown was at a KU function this week. I have a picture on my phone but don't know how to post it. What the heck???

You have to upload the JPEG.

#1,967      

Dan

Admin
Out of nowhere visitor today that's a new name.
https://twitter.com/UIHoopsRecruits/status/876639827038547968

Alan Griffin, a class of 2018 SF from Archbishop Stepinac (NY)/NY Rens, went on an unofficial visit to Illinois today.
https://twitter.com/PatLawless_/status/876612740055527427

Fun with recent Antigua follows: 2019 5 star Trendon Watford
https://twitter.com/UIHoopsRecruits/status/876619492331270147

Illinois showing interest in 2019 big Drew Timme
https://twitter.com/UIHoopsRecruits/status/876554905951105029

#illini visit tuesday!
https://twitter.com/AyoDos_11/status/876614306728742912

#1,970      
From reading and this is what I gathered, unofficial visit means he goes there on his dime, without making contact with coaches or University official. Think the contact thing starts any trouble. As long as he is just looking around like any other high school student interested in a school, goes around campus, gym, class rooms​, just hanging out, with no information changing hands from the school, that's unofficial visit.
You can have official visit after July 1, which you have only 1, and school picks up the tab, all information exchanged . I read this from an outside source, but those are basic guidelines.
Seems you can talk or do anything at school as long as nothing from the school benefits​ the visit or make a contact with a school official. Bring your own Ball?;):chief:

You can make contact on an unofficial.

The money is the only difference. The school can pay for transportation, 3 meals a day, and "reasonable" entertainment expenses on an official visit. They can only give the athlete some tickets for a home game on an unofficial.

The only time you can make contact on an unofficial is if you go during a "dead period".

#1,971      

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL

That would be interesting to see. I'm assuming it was to reconnect with Self. I wouldn't read too much into it.

#1,973      

CAHALL15

Central Illinois

Attachments

• IMG_3465.PNG
    IMG_3465.PNG
    181.5 KB · Views: 583
#1,974      
That would be interesting to see. I'm assuming it was to reconnect with Self. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I would. I certainly understand that Dee loves his school. But I certainly wouldn't put it past Self to be maintaining relationships with a specific purpose. In the event that Jerrance leaves for a head job at some point, there will need to be an Illinois/Chicago area recruiting connection. And if you were Dee, wouldn't it be tough to say no thanks particularly when it doesn't seem like there would be a similar opportunity at Illinois (though I still have no idea why he left/was asked to leave). Although I understand that Dee is becomingly increasingly influential in the AAU area of Chicago which can prove to be quite lucrative and full of power/influence. Self is just being wise keeping a connection there that he can. It doesn't please me at all but I see what's going on there.

#1,975      
I would. I certainly understand that Dee loves his school. But I certainly wouldn't put it past Self to be maintaining relationships with a specific purpose. In the event that Jerrance leaves for a head job at some point, there will need to be an Illinois/Chicago area recruiting connection. And if you were Dee, wouldn't it be tough to say no thanks particularly when it doesn't seem like there would be a similar opportunity at Illinois (though I still have no idea why he left/was asked to leave). Although I understand that Dee is becomingly increasingly influential in the AAU area of Chicago which can prove to be quite lucrative and full of power/influence. Self is just being wise keeping a connection there that he can. It doesn't please me at all but I see what's going on there.
yea...I always wondered if schools have a budget for wining/dining/hosting AAU coaches to promote the program. Seems like a relatively small investment for impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.