Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May-June 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,830      
El General will start.

I don't see it happening but that's probably because I see Damonte being a starter. I would start Frazier, Ayo, Damonte, Kipper, and Gio, with Jones, Jordan, El General coming off the bench. We really need Zdor to commit because I don't see Gio playing kore than 25 mpg even if he was the only big on the roster. I like Kane but any issue like this makes me wonder if he'd be eligible at all this season.

#1,831      
We'll be fine - people focus on size a lot more than Underwood does.

If Underwood isn't going to focus on size, then he needs to focus on not having three empty scholarships. If Kane doesn't make it back in August, four empty scholarships. As it's been mentioned elsewhere, the empty scholarships effects practices.

#1,835      
Jeremy Werner
@JWerner247
I asked #illini coach Brad Underwood what he needed in Class of 2017.

His response: "Someone taller than me."

4:42 PM - May 2, 2017

... aaaand over a year later .... *sigh*

#1,836      
Jeremy Werner
@JWerner247
I asked #illini coach Brad Underwood what he needed in Class of 2017.

His response: "Someone taller than me."

4:42 PM - May 2, 2017

... aaaand over a year later .... *sigh*

I've been a diehard Illinois fan since the mid 70s, and I've never ever wavered on my faith towards the Illini. But these past 10 years, in both football and basketball, has really taken a toll on me. With the constant bunglings and screw ups in both sports, and now Underwood seemingly going to need to take longer to get this thing turned around than I thought he'd need, for the first time in my life, I might just have to take a step back. I used to center my days around Illini activities.

Maybe it's a good thing I don't care as much anymore. To me though, it's a testament to where the Illini are as an athletic department. Rock bottom....

#1,838      
I've been a diehard Illinois fan since the mid 70s, and I've never ever wavered on my faith towards the Illini. But these past 10 years, in both football and basketball, has really taken a toll on me. With the constant bunglings and screw ups in both sports, and now Underwood seemingly going to need to take longer to get this thing turned around than I thought he'd need, for the first time in my life, I might just have to take a step back. I used to center my days around Illini activities.

Maybe it's a good thing I don't care as much anymore. To me though, it's a testament to where the Illini are as an athletic department. Rock bottom....
Rock bottom was probably last year. Live a little and enjoy progress. At the very least, this group will be fun to watch. We have too much talent in our guard rotation for it to not be entertaining. If this group can show they have promise, they'll attract a good big in 2019.

#1,839      
I have figured this out. Send me Samba. I know spread and am a former power lifter. I also enjoy eating large amounts of food, and I could have an excuse. Somebody make it happen.

#1,841      
Good plan FiveStar! Plus you could introduce him to IL and show him why as a player he needs to ignore sites like this one:)

#1,844      
Unless something turns around quickly Antigua needs to be shown the door at the end of the year. Not that the rest of the staff save Coleman should feel much better.

#1,845      

PJD86

Texas
Yeah guys something bizarre is going on. We have 3rd and 4th tier kids passing up MAJOR PT potential at a Major D1 program to be a backup on a mid major. It makes no sense whatsoever. None.

Status
Not open for further replies.