Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Disclaimer: I’m not one of those people that dismisses the CBs when they go against us and loves them when they are for us.

Having said that, if there was ever a time that the CBs are going out there simply because it’s UK and easily the best offer, (Plus ol squiddy is paying so much attention to him) it’s now.

I mean, didn’t UK just offer him like last week?

While he may very well end up at UK, I’ll wait until a decision date is set before believing the crystal balls.

I’m hearing the cb shift for KW to UK revolves around rumors that a handler/handlers have gotten involed in the recruitment. Either someone has some serious inside knowledge, or writers are jumping the gun before all the facts are in.
Either way, the drama has begun. o_O

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
I’m hearing the cb shift for KW to UK revolves around rumors that a handler/handlers have gotten involed in the recruitment. Either someone has some serious inside knowledge, or writers are jumping the gun before all the facts are in.
Either way, the drama has begun. o_O

Where is the new "Dislike" button?

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Upcoming showdown between the handlers and the Irvins? :unsure::popcorn:

I’ll put my money on the Irvins. They have the experience.

They could be going up against some rookies depending on who the handlers are. :thumb:

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
WRT squid and his new crush, Whitney: was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

We want our targets to be heavily sought after. Also, WRT the notion that the MIF is going to "deliver" Whitney: I call BS. Will the MIF influence Whitney's decision? Of course. The degree of influence is unknown and varies with each recruit.

Is the MIF beholden to deliver their top kids to us? You serious, Clark? I fully believe the Fire is in our corner, but there are other factors in each recruitment and they vary in weight.

Having the Fire in our corner is a very, very good thing.

Deleted member 4333

D
Can anyone speculate for me who these "handlers" would be and how did they get involved?

Upcoming showdown between the handlers and the Irvins? :unsure::popcorn:

I thought the Irvins were the handlers? :p

Btw, this is conjecture at best. I'm pretty confident that most schools, shoe companies and even wannabe agents are at least temporarily toning it down a bit. It's one thing to stick your thumbs on the eyes on the toothless NCAA. It's another thing to do it to the FBI while the investigation is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.