Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (August 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,076      

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Now, maybe we are seeing why staff "didn't try harder."

But that interferes with the narrative that posters here know everything that the staff does. *Mind Blown*

#1,077      
So he's probably going to FSU.. gotta be tough having parents wanting you to do two different things. Good luck to TSJ, hope he figures it out.

#1,078      
First time poster, but I’ve been reading for 10+ years.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Illinois is back in the mix.

I would. I think his pops wants him in Florida. Maybe u of I admissions thing. Either way, just like Nolley, would be surprised if he comes here. Many writers are trying to gather info as we speak on the situation so I'm sure we'll here more soon

Or maybe he tries to "increase his stock" at prep school and ends up at none of his final four.

#1,081      
Where are are the check bounced and/or bidding war comments? They might be true here too? :)

#1,083      
Either way, just like Nolley, would be surprised if he comes here.
Piper had said on the radio a while back, that Nolley inquired as to our interest after the GA decommitment & we said no, I have my doubts on that because it sounds like a homer story, but if it is true then shouldn’t we expect the same for Shannon.

#1,084      
Our collective meltdown regarding Shannon seems pretty funny now.

Understatement of the year.

Piper had said on the radio a while back, that Nolley inquired as to our interest after the GA decommitment & we said no, I have my doubts on that because it sounds like a homer story, but if it is true then shouldn’t we expect the same for Shannon.

There’s some slight truth to this.

#1,085      
Nolley was the recruit I really wanted last year. Think Tevian and Nolley are very comparable, not sure we land Tev if land Nolley. I don't buy the story.

#1,086      

Dan

Admin
Terrence Shannon opened his recruitment today: I felt like I rushed my decision, I'm wide open again. Coach Chin Coleman has contacted me already.
https://twitter.com/KedPrince4

#1,087      
I'm going to put on my UI/HCBU hat and respond to this Shannon development. 1. We offered and you chose elsewhere. 2. When you chose elsewhere we marked you off our list and prioritized some other recruits. 3. Said recruits would get pissed if we came back and said, 'Hey, things have changed, forget our last conversation.' 4. We now know Shannon's commitment can't be trusted. 5. Parents obviously have a lot of pull in this recruitment. Is either parent Pro-Illini? no.... 6. This isn't a 5 star, or high 4 star recruit, can I/we (HCBU/UI) afford to look beholden to lesser recruits by jumping back into this saga? For this particular recruit, no! 7. This is a golden opportunity to set the example that we want our recruits to be as serious about UI as the UI is serious about them. I'd love to have him, but that opportunity has passed..... Next???

Granted, being a 5 star or higher 4 star, or the player playing a critical position of need, changes the dynamics quite a bit. In this case, in this situation. I pass.....

#1,090      

CoalCity

St Paul, MN
I'm going to put on my UI/HCBU hat and respond to this Shannon development. 1. We offered and you chose elsewhere. 2. When you chose elsewhere we marked you off our list and prioritized some other recruits. 3. Said recruits would get pissed if we came back and said, 'Hey, things have changed, forget our last conversation.' 4. We now know Shannon's commitment can't be trusted. 5. Parents obviously have a lot of pull in this recruitment. Is either parent Pro-Illini? no.... 6. This isn't a 5 star, or high 4 star recruit, can I/we (HCBU/UI) afford to look beholden to lesser recruits by jumping back into this saga? For this particular recruit, no! 7. This is a golden opportunity to set the example that we want our recruits to be as serious about UI as the UI is serious about them. I'd love to have him, but that opportunity has passed..... Next???

Granted, being a 5 star or higher 4 star, or the player playing a critical position of need, changes the dynamics quite a bit. In this case, in this situation. I pass.....

Mom is pro Illini.

I'm with you on the pass in this instance.

#1,091      

Deleted member 643761

D
Things like this seem to have a high probability to go oddly. Snider is a great example. That said you have to take them on a case by case basis

#1,092      

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
If the kid wants to come here and he isn't a head case (I know nothing and am acussing nothing) why wouldn't we take him? We are in no position to be turning down top 100 kids. So he committed too soon and wants to change his mind. It literally happens all the time in football and we don't shoot those kids down.

#1,093      
I don't even want Shannon anymore. Dude just made a decision last week... Get out of this rollercoaster now, couches. Put your efforts elsewhere.

#1,094      
The following wing offerees named their final 5 (10) and we were not in the group:
Malik Hall-TX, Purdue, MSU, Oregon and Oklahoma
Ish Massoud-Harvard, GT, WF, Rutgers and Auburn
Jahmius Ramsey-Florida,TT, IU, Miami, Oregon, LSU, Miami,Louisville, Mempiss, +Syracuse

Last edited:
#1,095      
Now with Lance Irvin at Chicago State, it should come down to us and the Cougars.:)

#1,097      
If Shannon wants to come here, you take him. Sounds like we're already reached back out to him, so it sounds like the coaching staff feels the same way. That said, I'm not holding my breath.

#1,100      

Dbell1981

Decatur, IL
Looks like they already reached out to him so he's obviously a different circumstance than Nolley

Status
Not open for further replies.