Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped by Morgan Park today for a bit. They had a white vs green scrimmage game with a dunk contest & three point shootout. I didnt stay long but Miller threw down dunks & hit threes in the midnight madness type of scrimmage. Watson jet quick with the ball but I'm happier that Curbelo is coming

Stopped by Morgan Park today for a bit. They had a white vs green scrimmage game with a dunk contest & three point shootout. I didnt stay long but Miller threw down dunks & hit threes in the midnight madness type of scrimmage. Watson jet quick with the ball but I'm happier that Curbelo is coming

Thanks for the on site update. Did you take the baby? I bet I know what you were doing up at 4:00 am today.:)

Last edited:
Isaiah wouldn't compete for the his spot, his recruitment is irrelevant.
Jackson is being looked at as a wing in his recruitment so, they very well could be competing for the same spot.

Thanks for the on site update. Did you take the baby? I bet I know what you were doing up at 4:00 am today.:)
No Baby. She doesn't like noise. Im going to the Bulls game today and she is not ready for that yet. Im upset they changed the location for the Whitney Young/Morgan Park game from St. Xavier to Chicago State. They just lost me.

He looks more physically ready than I remember from his earlier highlights. I'm often surprised by how quickly high school kids change. You'll have to forgive me, I'm on the slow slide to getting older. :p

Welcome Mr. Hawkins! Good things to come! Hope you got a chance to hang with the Fletch-a-nator. I think you & he are about to start a wonderful bromance. And if you can get some dance lessons from Giorgi, I see a very fast start.

Last edited:

Soulberries

University of Illinois
Millers commitment will be very similiar to Khalil Whitneys last year. Why fully commit when there is unknowns everywhere. The athletes lose in college athletics. What if Underwood leaves or gets fired? When you're a top player you hold some power. If things go as planned, Miller will be at Illinois.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Whitney only verbaled once and didn’t make any more visits after he did. That’s a big difference. Illini fans may have interpreted everything as a sign that he was waiver if, but he didn’t.

If he verbals to Illinois and chooses to look around should the circumstances change (I.e, it looks like Ayo isn’t leaving) then I can’t blame the guy. But taking a visit right after you verbal is an open invitation To other schools that your recruitment is wide open.

A little more extended highlights from the Prolific Prep game. Hawkins looks pretty smooth in this, wish he was a little more dynamic finishing and stronger defending the rim. That's what Fletch is for though!

A little more extended highlights from the Prolific Prep game. Hawkins looks pretty smooth in this, wish he was a little more dynamic finishing and stronger defending the rim. That's what Fletch is for though!
Why aren't we pursuing? Jalen Green that is

Status
Not open for further replies.