NBA Draft Thread

I don't remember the NCAA investigating that. I guess the should have known clause only applies to some programs. He was signed by Kansas, and appeared to be receiving extra benefits, but did they even look at it?
they prob put the same effort into investigating preston as they did for Cliff. Key for Kansas is when NCAA is hot on trail...quickly Crean the player and it will all be ok.

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk

Didn’t we have a similar situation in football toward the end of the Zook era—with more NFL starters than any other school despite having an abysmal BIG record in the previous decade ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe there was a stat a few years back something like this: of all teams in power five conferences who have averaged 4 wins or less over “X” number of years, we had the most players in the NFL of all those teams

I believe there was a stat a few years back something like this: of all teams in power five conferences who have averaged 4 wins or less over “X” number of years, we had the most players in the NFL of all those teams

Attachments

• illinois.jpg
    illinois.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 688

Ouch ! Worse than I remembered.

At least for a while we got to be the world’s tallest midget...

I don't remember the NCAA investigating that. I guess the should have known clause only applies to some programs. He was signed by Kansas, and appeared to be receiving extra benefits, but did they even look at it?

Kansas held him out of every game and reported it to the NCAA. Not sure how else they should have handled it or why they should be punished on this one? And from my understanding there was no resolution on illicit activity one way or another.

Kansas held him out of every game and reported it to the NCAA. Not sure how else they should have handled it or why they should be punished on this one? And from my understanding there was no resolution on illicit activity one way or another.
Kansas taking action after an eyebrow raising accident and media report is reactionary; their actions don't indicate a proactive approach to avoiding alumni induced corruption and player benefits.

Kansas taking action after an eyebrow raising accident and media report is reactionary; their actions don't indicate a proactive approach to avoiding alumni induced corruption and player benefits.

Did we proactively send Kane off campus or did we wait until there was an obvious situational need to do that?

I'm curious as to why a guy like Anfernee Simons gets drafted 1st round to Blazers and Gary Trent Jr. goes 2nd round to Blazers.

I have not actually watched games that either of these guys play, but both were very highly rated 5 stars, but Trent big-time produced at a major school, while Simons played 5th year HS ball.

I read somewhere that Simons didn't participate in 5 on 5 drills for teams due to the fact that he'd be severely overmatched, physically.

Obviously, teams didn't like Trent for whatever reason, and Simons was drafted 1st round, and generally NBA GMs do a good job of getting it right, and I get to sit in my recliner and comment on message boards. Oh well.

Simons is as many garnered based on potential and position, less studs playing SG with PG skills than swing forwards that shoot....many do that with the same size. Simons is a very good sized guard, Trent is an average sized swing forward.

That said, I think the Blazers got it right with order and quality for both.

Fair enough.

Kendrick Nunn with a good start in the NBA Summer League, 19points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists playing for Golden State.

[YOUTUBE]gv3jdp3K5w8[/YOUTUBE]

blackdog

Champaign
Kendrick Nunn with a good start in the NBA Summer League, 19points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists playing for Golden State.

[YOUTUBE]gv3jdp3K5w8[/YOUTUBE]

Man see a lot of improvement there from him. Better handles, better wiggle, and using his right hand to drive and finish! Don't even remember seeing him go right at Illinois.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Man see a lot of improvement there from him. Better handles, better wiggle, and using his right hand to drive and finish! Don't even remember seeing him go right at Illinois.

He threw up a nice oop at about the 2:45 mark, as well. :)

Illini_1979

Oregon
Nunn looked like the best player out there last night.

Who knows, maybe a year off and going to a team where he was THE man actually helped him develop his game.

Luckily for him he is on the Warriors so there aren't many quality guys ahead of him on the NBA roster. :D