4:00pm CT
ESPNU

:illinois:

foby

Bonnaroo Land
The Hot Seat Classic

The Hot Seat Classic

:)

It would be nice to send the Hoosiers to a 0-3 start and an overall 4 game losing streak including the loss to Louisville. Sadly, in the Louisville game the one thing I DID see them doing well was driving to the hoop for either a bucket or a foul. They'll do that to us and probably win by 20 plus. That's what I'm expecting. But maybe we can channel our inner Huskers in this one lol.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Expecting a blowout loss, but the good news is it shouldn't hurt our RPI much.

Jkat00

Champaign, IL
How in the hell did Indiana get 3 home games in a row to start off the Big Ten season?

Indiana's RPI is 130 :eek:

Indiana's RPI is 120 but their KenPom is 24

Our RPI is 21 but our KenPom is 70

I don't pay a ton of attention to RPI, but I can't remember ever seeing a discrepancy like that, that's pretty crazy.

KenPom is a much much better measurement, and we will be significant underdogs in this game.

You're right, S&C.
We're a 10 point dog right now on KenPom.
Might change by a point, based on their game with Wiscy, but that is probably the max change. Solid underdog.

IU played a very strange non-conf schedule. UNC, KU, Butler and Louisville and the rest against some of the worst teams in the country. In the end RPI won't matter for their post season chances and the best example you can find as to why you shouldn't use it to rank teams.

This game, along with @Purdue and home against Wisconsin, are the only 3 games on the B1G schedule that I've viewed as pretty much guaranteed losses. Even with the Hoosiers' struggles of late, I still feel that way. So I'm really not going to be overly upset with a loss. I just hope our boys can go out there and give it their best effort, not disappear on defense for large stretches, and get blown out like they did last year and like they did at Maryland last week. Make the Hoosiers have their hands full for 40 minutes, make it close or at least respectable, and I won't complain. A win? I'd be ecstatic.

illinitrav

NW Suburbs
Expecting a loss. Not as concerned with this game as I am with the following two at home.

EfremWinters84

S. Carolina
I'll jump in early. Home game for IU. Significant talent/athleticism gap. Porous ILL defense. Hoosiers cover. (Hope I'm wrong.)

IND 86
ILL 66

Won't be pretty. Loss by 15+. We won't be able to stay with their guards defensively.

BlindLoyalty

FartNoiseMotivation
Indiana by 11.

This IU team turns it over far too often and is brutal on D. I doubt they are in the Top 25 going into the NCAAs

Play a competitive game and lose and I'm okay with it.

Repeat of Maryland or WVU absolutely not.

UofIChE06

Pittsburgh
Hopefully the team is on from the field. IU may be the only B1G team with a worse defense than UI. They are also absolutely atrocious in both forcing TOs and giving up TOs. Maybe get lucky and win 97-94 or something.

CAHALL15

Central Illinois
I'm guessing that Blackmon and Johnson go off. I just don't know which Illinois team shows up so I think we end up losing by somewhere between 12 and 25 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.