Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Illinois vs Detroit
Friday, November 18th
7:00pm CT
ESPN3

:illinois:

Detroit is no gimme. They made the post - season last year and won 44 games. Andre Drummond will be a load down low for Mav and Thorne to handle.

Detroit lost to E Tenn St 107-78 last night so I bet they come in a little hungry to play Illinois.

Detroit lost to E Tenn St 107-78 last night so I bet they come in a little hungry to play Illinois.

Hungry? They might have died from starvation After that game. Thanx for the info!

Hope the Illini keep up the ball movement and assists from the last game.

Don't know if we can beat a Stan Van Gundy team with Reggie Bullock, Andre Drummond and John Leuer on it.

BlindLoyalty

FartNoiseMotivation
East Tennessee State shot 68% for the game and outrebounded Detroit by 20.

There will be a lot of puffery about Thorne and Morgan after this "game."

illinitrav

NW Suburbs
Detroit is probably the worst remaining team on the schedule. It gets tougher Monday starting with Winthrop.

Detroit is probably the worst remaining team on the schedule. It gets tougher Monday starting with Winthrop.

Nope, Iowa is the worst remaining team on the schedule. :thumb: I don't care if Iowa is good or bad, they still remain the worst team on the schedule every year. The worst! :thumb:

Illini4Reel

Champaign, IL.
Let it be known that this will be game 2 of 3 before the Illini play West Virginia. Illinois will have played 3 games during this period and WV will have played 1 before the matchup. Go Illini!

Detroit is no gimme. They made the post - season last year and won 44 games. Andre Drummond will be a load down low for Mav and Thorne to handle.

This is their double-A affiliate. No Drummond thankfully.

I see KenPom has them ranked 270th. Which believe it or not, will be our toughest test. Eeek!

CAHALL15

Central Illinois
The last game Leron has to sit.

This team actually has some size to them. They've got a 7 footer, another who is 6'11, and some 6'7, 6'8 guys. Four guys are averaging double figures for them. I'd like to see a faster start compared to the other D1 teams we have played.

This team actually has some size to them.
I know it's been pointed out multiple times that we have our probable leading rebounder still sitting out, but this is a chance to see how the rest of the squad measures up against real size.

Nope, Iowa is the worst remaining team on the schedule. :thumb: I don't care if Iowa is good or bad, they still remain the worst team on the schedule every year. The worst! :thumb:

This, except for that they're tied with Indiana for that title :)

Captain Bubbles

Fairfield, IL
Let it be known that this will be game 2 of 3 before the Illini play West Virginia. Illinois will have played 3 games during this period and WV will have played 1 before the matchup. Go Illini!
West Virginia is the Kansas of the east. Let that sink in.

EfremWinters84

S. Carolina
I'm viewing it as four similar cupcake teams to start the season.

ILL 88
DET 64

Malcolm bounces back to lead the team in scoring. TJL continues his steady progression (15+ minutes). Thorne, while still badly out of shape, has his best game of the season.

Detroit has a sophomore PG Josh McFolley who leads them in scoring at 16 a game. Small, athletic and is their go-to-guy. Should be the best PG we have seen so far, and will be interesting how Tate and TJL play against them. This will be TJL first time getting real minutes against a D1 score first PG.

Detroit has a sophomore PG Josh McFolley who leads them in scoring at 16 a game. Small, athletic and is their go-to-guy. Should be the best PG we have seen so far, and will be interesting how Tate and TJL play against them. This will be TJL first time getting real minutes against a D1 score first PG.

IF he gets real minutes... I get the feeling he wont play more than about 5 minutes. Groce seems more confident in Tate defensively and sadly I'd ahve to agree.

That doesn't mean I wouldnt want to see TJL get quality minutes, I just don't know if Groce will press the issue. I know he got a ton of minutes and play, as far as I'm concerned, much better than expected, but I just get the feeling it was due to the even bigger talent gap McKendree brought. My hope is this playing time/production continues for TJL, but I dont see it happening.

Captain Bubbles

Fairfield, IL
I have no idea what you are trying to say.
It's simple, not complex to understand. You've seen Kansas play, correct? That's how West Virginia plays. They are like a clone of Kansas. Hence, they are the Kansas of the east.

They'll be Illinois' strongest opponent in the non-con. A win against them would be huge for Groce and the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.