Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Illinois vs Michigan State
Wednesday, March 1st
8:00pm CT
BTN

:illinois:

Senior Night for the guys...please oh please oh please let it happen.

I will be there and man is this now a big game

Cheez

Sun Prairie WI
If Illinois somehow wins this game, they have to be in consideration for a tournament berth, right?

Can someone explain why a lot of people thought we would lose @ Nebraska but think we will win against a much better MSU team? Is it just because this one is at home or is there another reason?

I think it was a case of "the next one is always the hardest to win"

Like I said yesterday on this forum before the Nebraska game. I believe Illinois has the talent and upperclassmen to "win out" their last three games and "run the table" in the big ten tournament. They've gotta take it one game at a time and bring their best defense to each game to have a shot the NCAA tournament. MSU is the next rung in the ladder.

BillyBob1

Champaign
People need to show up for this one. Ticket office has 4 pack of tickets for $69 and you get $20 in food voucher.

whovous

Washington, DC
Can someone explain why a lot of people thought we would lose @ Nebraska but think we will win against a much better MSU team? Is it just because this one is at home or is there another reason?

Nebraska has played extremely well at home. MSU is 2-5 on the road in the Big.

BillyBob1

Champaign
If Illinois somehow wins this game, they have to be in consideration for a tournament berth, right?

Decourcy said on pregame, if Illinois wins final 3, they are in. Mentioned weak bubble, and also the number of wins vs top 100.

I've questioned Malcom Hill's "clutch gene" a lot throughout his career. 40 minutes against Miles Bridges is the ultimate opportunity for him to shut me up. Get it done, kid.

Should it be a loss to MSU on Wed, we can forget all the rest of this.

Its unfortunate.

Deleted member 4960

D

Its unfortunate.

I would say its a toss up at this point. We have beat some teams that are hard to win at their home, Michigan State is somewhat vulnerable this year.

Its unfortunate.

Two teams playing well. It SHOULD be a battle.
While the Big is down at the top, it is very strong at the bottom. Rutgers has played teams very tough, Penn State, Ohio State, etc. aren't bad.

MSU is playing for it's postseason life, so there'll be no letdown. Should the Illini win, it will be well deserved.

MSU has more postseason life than we do right now from my understanding, and they're on a similar roll. It'll be an interesting game, definitely a nice measuring stick.

Captain Bubbles

Fairfield, IL
MSU is playing for it's postseason life, so there'll be no letdown. Should the Illini win, it will be well deserved.
MSU is in the top three of the Big Ten standings. It won't be easy, as Izzo and Sparty are playing good basketball now.

618 Illini

Chicago
Despite MSU's injuries and people saying they won't show up coming off their Wisco win, I think this MSU game will be super tough to come out on top. I know it is senior night at home and we are "on a roll", but MSU has far superior athletes and one of the best coaches in NCAA history.

Excluding their Northeastern loss and a mishap to Penn State (we got swept) and OSU, their losses are to the likes of Kentucky, Duke, Zona, Baylor and Purdue. Hope the Illini upset MSU but I am not getting my hopes up just yet.

Side Note: It would be such an awesome story if Malcolm Hill drops 40+ on MSU and puts the team on his back for his first ever NCAA appearance though....

we need a sellout and a wild crowd for this one

Looks like we're playing Tom Izzo's Michigan State Spartans, and- *checks calendar*

Crap.

Jokes about March aside, this is def a winnable game. Illinois is finally playing how they should have all season. With it being a down year for MSU, this should be a good contest. We've gotta send Tracy off (for real this time) with a bang!

Status
Not open for further replies.