St Louis Cardinals 2020 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never really been sure that this season should be played.

Yeah. It’s too easy to see how the dominoes can fall on this.

For example, I don’t know how that Yankees-Phillies series can be played. Are they going to have the Yankees not use the visiting clubhouse and dugout that the Marlins were in? Have the Phillies been tested?

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Never really been sure that this season should be played.

I think it shouldn't have. I was all in favor of them not playing and using the time to hammer out a new deal between the owners and the PA. And if the trend continues, it might be canceled before too long.

I think it shouldn't have. I was all in favor of them not playing and using the time to hammer out a new deal between the owners and the PA. And if the trend continues, it might be canceled before too long.

The two sides always seem to like to wait until the last minute before reaching an agreement. They seem to want to wait for the other side to blink.

the national

the Front Range
I wasn’t able to watch tonight but it looks like more of the same. We all saw this coming in the playoffs last year but hoped for more. We just don’t have a pop in the lineup. I wish we were one peice away, but I think it would take multiple guys to recharge the offense. Defensively, we are solid but you have to ultimately score more runs than the other guy. The twins (who are a good team) just look better than us.

Reactions: wpr

dgcrow

Kelso, WA
The season has turned into such a farce, especially with the scheduling, that it just might be better if they do shut the whole thing down, and get ready for a sane 2021.

IlliniFan85

Colorado Springs, CO
They needed a bubble. And the mlbpa cried about it. Only way it was truly going to work. Such a shame.

Today's doubleheader vs. Brewers postponed due to positive tests.

At this point, the plan is for the Cardinals to fly to Detroit on Monday and instead of the original 4 game home-and-home series between the two teams, it will now be a 4 game series played entirely in Detroit starting Tuesday, including a 7-inning doubleheader on Wednesday, with the Cardinals as the home team for two of the games.

dgcrow

Kelso, WA
Today's doubleheader vs. Brewers postponed due to positive tests.

At this point, the plan is for the Cardinals to fly to Detroit on Monday and instead of the original 4 game home-and-home series between the two teams, it will now be a 4 game series played entirely in Detroit starting Tuesday, including a 7-inning doubleheader on Wednesday, with the Cardinals as the home team for two of the games.

The season, already a bit of a mess, is starting to turn into a scheduling nightmare.

jmwillini

Tolono, IL
I know the team is looking into how this started, as MLB did with the Marlins. MLB knows who was the first Marlin infected, but can't say who it is do the HIPAA. Just wondering, depending on circumstances of exposure, if the first player infected is someone like O'Neil or Reyes (never have reached potential), or Martinez, (a head case, though someone I really like), do they see this as a reason to cut ties. No way they do it for Flaherty, Waino or Yadi.

Paul DeJong and Yadier Molina among 6 Cardinals players who volunteered to be named as those on the team who had tested positive for covid.

Carlos Martinez is suspected as the 7th player to test positive as he was put on the IL but there's no been official confirmation as to whether he tested positive or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.