The Illinois Coaching Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
#3,876      

Mike

C-U Townie
Relax, JW already has his coach, and it's someone he wanted more than Keatts. He'll be announced on Monday.

You guys should be able to read between the lines here and figure this out. There's no way that JW would have given Walker the assurance that he would remain as an assistant without clearing it with our new head coach first.

"No Way" is a bit of an overstatement, but assuring Walker does imo give some credence to the rumor that we already have our new coach. This would likely be a very good thing if true. :)

#3,877      
The optimistic side of me says this is good news. Means Whitman has a coach he wanted more than Keatts. So I'm expecting either Monty, Archie, Bennett, or GM to be the next coach of Illinois.

#3,886      

Ubermensch

BOOM! Feed my ego.
Told you guys, Keats would want to stay near his recruiting base

If I am JW, I hope on a plane to Dallas ASAP to talk to SMU's coach

1. Why do you assume he was ever a legitimate candidate for the UI job?
2. You predicted Keatts would want one of the best open jobs where he can get a 500% raise? What is this sorcery???
3. No thanks to Janks. When the Larry Brown magic wears off, he's in trouble.

#3,889      
I just hope JW doesn't swing for the moon and whiff. (Ala groce with regards to pgs). It's important to make a great hire but to calculate risk/time as well. I'm sure he's way way way ahead of me on this...

#3,891      

Ubermensch

BOOM! Feed my ego.
Color me shocked that NC State didn't go after a more established coach.

They tried going down the established coach route and it didn't work out. This makes sense for them. He's going to recruit like mad and NCSU knows they just need to look the other way.

#3,892      
Hey guys. So Mark smith like I've said in the past, went to my high school. I just saw him at the Y in Illini shorts. I promise on my family. Don't wanna get anyone too excited but let's keep adding these ideas.

#3,893      

EJ33

San Francisco
The media folks were right on Archie - no NC State.

Is he waiting for tOSU? Indiana? Something bigger?

#3,894      

Trakis

Chicago, IL
Hey guys. So Mark smith like I've said in the past, went to my high school. I just saw him at the Y in Illini shorts. I promise on my family. Don't wanna get anyone too excited but let's keep adding these ideas.

That doesn't really matter if you ask me.

#3,895      

EJ33

San Francisco
Soon we're going to find out just how good Whitman is.

#3,898      
Keatts may turn out to be a very good coach, I just never thought for a second that he was on JW's radar, nor any other mid-major coach. I have a hunch that JW is looking at either a coach with an NBA background (Skiles, Williams, etc), or a college coach already established in a power conference (Bennett, Drew, Prohm, etc).

#3,899      

Deleted member 29907

D
So....... are the next 50 pages about Monte? What was the consensus again?

Status
Not open for further replies.