Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SampsonRelpenk

Edwardsville, IL
247 Profile As a Prospect

College stats:
Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 12.10.03 PM.png

See if we can lure in some more depth. Excited Hart Jr has a few years left to play. Not just luring in the one and done guys

Good. We desperately need linebackers. Tolson, Barnes and Cooper all had season ending injuries. After them it's just walk-ons along with Villanueva and Rosiek. Maybe Derrick Smith is moved to linebacker, but he had a rough year.

I hope we add two more transfer linebackers.
100% right

Even more so going from 4-3 to 3-4

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Good. We desperately need linebackers. Tolson, Barnes and Cooper all had season ending injuries. After them it's just walk-ons along with Villanueva and Rosiek. Maybe Derrick Smith is moved to linebacker, but he had a rough year.

I hope we add two more transfer linebackers.
Our weakest position groups are LB, DL, and WR, and we "added" one of each today, with a nice RB prospect as a cherry on top!

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
Glad to see BB and staff are already gaining their footing on navigating this unprecedented transfer market.

RB McCray is a 3 star and so was LB Hart Jr when he came out at the time. Also like that Hart Jr has had playing time early

JMO but it has felt like in the past we have had lower ranked recruiting guys and I have felt like majority of the guys played up to their ranking or less. New staff coming in I have more hope they can develop new guys and max out potential. Bielema catches me as one of those guys that can add 2 and 3 star guys and develop them into more. Time to ride the wave and add as many guys as we can to this roster during the free transfer year, etc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.