Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Football

Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Apr 19, 2018, 02:06 PM   #1076
BirdDog9048
The Chief Lives
BirdDog9048's Avatar
Location: Chicago, IL
Littyville defined: https://247sports.com/college/illino...ille-116317879

__________________
Where there's smoke, there's fire.
BirdDog9048 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2018, 03:14 PM   #1077
IlliniCC
I would be shocked if Jahleel doesn’t commit soon. His dad is literally recruiting kids on twitter for us.
IlliniCC is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2018, 03:40 PM   #1078
Dude
I know right! Maybe I just have the goggles on, but I think Shammond/Jahleel/Fabian all know they are coming to IL (perhaps the staff also). They just want to be courted by other programs for a bit longer and enjoy it.
Dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2018, 08:15 PM   #1079
warchant
warchant's Avatar
Location: So Ill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I know right! Maybe I just have the goggles on, but I think Shammond/Jahleel/Fabian all know they are coming to IL (perhaps the staff also). They just want to be courted by other programs for a bit longer and enjoy it.
I don't think any of our recruits are sure things. At least for the big time recruits we need two things. We need progression from our sophomore class and an offense that can score.

Lovie has to put up on the field.
warchant is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2018, 01:25 AM   #1080
IlliniNation1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I know right! Maybe I just have the goggles on, but I think Shammond/Jahleel/Fabian all know they are coming to IL (perhaps the staff also). They just want to be courted by other programs for a bit longer and enjoy it.
I'm hearing Childress is ready, but I think the 3 mentioned also commit before the dead period this summer
IlliniNation1010 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2018, 08:19 AM   #1081
Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by warchant View Post
I don't think any of our recruits are sure things. At least for the big time recruits we need two things. We need progression from our sophomore class and an offense that can score.

Lovie has to put up on the field.
I think this is a reasonable view point, but I have a hard time believing Billingsley is not on board. His dad is recruiting for IL on twitter just about every day. I read that as, he wants his son on a winning team, so do what he can to get his son surrounded with talent.
Dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2018, 08:56 AM   #1082
FT35
FT35's Avatar
Location: Naperville
Quote:
Originally Posted by warchant View Post
I don't think any of our recruits are sure things. At least for the big time recruits we need two things. We need progression from our sophomore class and an offense that can score.

Lovie has to put up on the field.
This is what we want as fans. You have no idea what a recruit wants to see or what they are looking for when they are picking a school.

Vontae Davis, who was criminally underrated as a recruit, visited when Illinois played Penn State in 2005. What do you think he saw on the field that made him want to commit to Illinois? Could he have seen a chance for immediate playing time? Was he more comfortable at Illinois then he could have been elsewhere? Did he trust Locksley?

All of the Trinity kids visited for the Rutgers game last year. This was one of the most frustrating and upsetting games I've been to and that's saying a lot as a season ticket holder for Illinois football. One of the Trinity players said after the game that Illinois was building a powerhouse. It wasn't just lip service since these guys have come back and have genuine interest in being part of the program.

For some of them it's more important to be at a place where they trust the coaching staff, they're comfortable and there's a clear path to playing time. They have enough confidence in themselves that if they, along with other talented players, come to Illinois that they can turn the program around. They may or may not care about what happens this fall.
FT35 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:22 AM   #1083
Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT35 View Post
For some of them it's more important to be at a place where they trust the coaching staff, they're comfortable and there's a clear path to playing time. They have enough confidence in themselves that if they, along with other talented players, come to Illinois that they can turn the program around. They may or may not care about what happens this fall.
I think this goes along with what we keep hearing from visitors. "Home" is used a lot. Now for players like Jaquaze Sorrells, who tweeted he wants to kiss that championship trophy before he leaves college, he probably is going to need to see improvement this year for serious consideration.
Dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2018, 04:40 PM   #1084
IllinifaninIL
https://twitter.com/jirehlbrock/stat...35729868099585

We've made Jirehl Brock's top 7
IllinifaninIL is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2018, 07:57 PM   #1085
ivwilsoniv
ivwilsoniv's Avatar
Location: Aurora, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinifaninIL View Post
B1G and Nate Scheelhaase

__________________
ivwilsoniv is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:20 PM   #1086
chibar
https://twitter.com/_Illini_/status/987440160542482432

Wasn't sure if this was the best place to post this but I found this video hilarious. You can see what kind of fun culture the staff is instilling on the program and why recruits would want to come to Littyville
chibar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2018, 02:46 PM   #1087
mossimo142
Location: Mascoutah, IL
That video is the best.
mossimo142 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:30 PM   #1088
Thor015
That video is great
Thor015 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2018, 06:28 PM   #1089
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Patterson hitting the road recruiting for the first time in his career
https://twitter.com/BobZuppke/status/988148137456906240
https://twitter.com/IlliniCPatt/stat...47579547521024
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2018, 07:58 PM   #1090
IlliniForTheWin
Location: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibar View Post
https://twitter.com/_Illini_/status/987440160542482432

Wasn't sure if this was the best place to post this but I found this video hilarious. You can see what kind of fun culture the staff is instilling on the program and why recruits would want to come to Littyville
This video shows how laid back the staff is. They are having fun. They are passing this onto the players with a mindset of having fun AND working hard. This is a great look for the Illini.
IlliniForTheWin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2018, 08:05 AM   #1091
Second and Chalmers
Second and Chalmers's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibar View Post
https://twitter.com/_Illini_/status/987440160542482432

Wasn't sure if this was the best place to post this but I found this video hilarious. You can see what kind of fun culture the staff is instilling on the program and why recruits would want to come to Littyville
I love how you can hear Hardy Nickerson cracking up in the background.

Ward is the best hype man ever.
Second and Chalmers is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:18 AM   #1092
UCantHideYer
Did Fabian McCray's back round picture in 247 change? And might that be Memorial Stadium now?
UCantHideYer is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2018, 03:31 PM   #1093
Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCantHideYer View Post
Did Fabian McCray's back round picture in 247 change? And might that be Memorial Stadium now?
Without looking at it, it could be the website updated his profile with a picture taken while at the Spring game?
Dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2018, 06:46 PM   #1094
thunderwear
I find it interesting that many of Illinois top recruits are not mentioned here.

https://writingillini.com/2018/04/19...form=hootsuite
thunderwear is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2018, 07:13 PM   #1095
uofi09
Today, we got a crystal ball pick for Bryce Childress.
uofi09 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:19 PM   #1096
IlliniNation1010
Bargy with an offer from A&M. Hopefully, that will steer him away from Minny
IlliniNation1010 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:32 AM   #1097
UCantHideYer
I know I'm not supposed to look at those CB's, but we got some positive direction for Jahleel today. The details aren't showing but looks like the prior PSU pick flipped to and at least 1 new for us.
UCantHideYer is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:46 AM   #1098
Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCantHideYer View Post
I know I'm not supposed to look at those CB's, but we got some positive direction for Jahleel today. The details aren't showing but looks like the prior PSU pick flipped to and at least 1 new for us.
I heard yesterday he didn't take his scheduled visits to OSU and PSU spring games. That is a good sign
Dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:33 PM   #1099
thunderwear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I heard yesterday he didn't take his scheduled visits to OSU and PSU spring games. That is a good sign
I take Jahleel to be committed. He may go somewhere else, but it seems to me that everything points to the direction of Illinois at this point.
thunderwear is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2018, 02:01 PM   #1100
Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderwear View Post
I take Jahleel to be committed. He may go somewhere else, but it seems to me that everything points to the direction of Illinois at this point.
I agree. Which is a HUGE turnaround for this staff considering he really had no interest in IL a few months ago.
Dude is offline Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Forum Jump