Recent content by BretMyBeachHouse

  1. B

    Purdue 24, Illinois 17 Postgame

    Recruiting is the least of our problems. Recruiting these days isn't a great way to build. Guys sit behind veterans and transfer. Or play, and transfer. We need to have excellent coaching and better portal results.
  2. B

    DC Bobby Hauck out at Illinois

    Well of course. Nothing i wrote suggests different. But your foolish if you believe that naming rights wasn't a consideration.
  3. B

    DC Bobby Hauck out at Illinois

    Well, if a donor wants to make a donation with strings attached Whitman has the option to accept or say no. In the alternate universe where he says no, we have some on the board saying the only thing standing between us and a playoff bid is an upgrade in facilities. I understand where people...
  4. B

    DC Bobby Hauck out at Illinois

    Well, that's our dream, so I guess this was a positive step.
  5. B

    DC Bobby Hauck out at Illinois

    I think there is some rewriting of history here. Pretty much the entire board was down about our talent level on defense, from the time we started losing guys to the portal up into the season. Obviously, we have our share of ThaKids, but the consensus was that we were down on defensive talent...
  6. B

    DC Bobby Hauck out at Illinois

    I think you've got a few things wrong here. First, I don't recall much talk from insiders that we were going to be able to do better than the guys we lost. Maybe in one or two instances. It was much more about not being able to spend so much on those players. I remember much more about the...
  7. B

    DC Bobby Hauck out at Illinois

    He can see all sorts of potential in Henry and hope to be reunited, but this was absolutely a mistake. Nice mights about it. I love Bielema. He just went too far with his loyalty on this one.
  8. B

    DC Bobby Hauck out at Illinois

    Let's go Lou Boudreau revisited. Matthew Bailey for DC.
  9. B

    Duke 31, Illinois 27 Postgame

    Retention is probably always going to be more efficient use of money. The problem is we don’t have enough money.
  10. B

    Pregame: Illinois vs Duke, Saturday, September 12th, 2:30pm CT, FS1

    This is one of the best parts of the Bielema era. Few penalties and few stupid penalties. I'd love to see how the personal fouls compare the last few years with the 20 before BB.
  11. B

    Michigan 13, Western Michigan 12

    Isn't it obvious that the players on the field are relying on the clock on the field? That should be official. When it hits zero the game is over. It hit zero before the play ended.
  12. B

    Michigan 13, Western Michigan 12

    The good news, this will likely be adopted in the NCAA. The bad news, it will happen after, and as a result of, us getting screwed.
  13. B

    Week 1 Games

    No, I'm not rooting for the packers if a Bear I like goes there. But I might hope the player does well unless he's facing us. We have a whole thread where people, no doubt a lot of Bear fans, are rooting for former players to do well.
  14. B

    Week 1 Games

    Well, perhaps you can understand it better if you think of it like professional sports, which is essentially what this is now. Olano gave us some great games. Now he's with another team. I could name a dozen players on both the bears and cubs that I still think well of after they took the...
  15. B

    Week 1 Games

    It was snark. I think our eye for talent at wide receiver is excellent.
Back