Team has shown a very high ceiling in its first 6 games
1. TSJ has established himself as 20 ppg #1 option. His improved 3 point shot makes him lethal.
2. Hawkins showed in UCLA and Syracuse game his greatly improved defense and passing. He does not need to score to make an impact. He is a unicorn at 6'10" with his mobility.
3. Epps has forced his way into the rotation with is outside shooting and ability to drive to the hoop. Very effective for freshman -- unexpected by most.
4. Dain is offering Kofi like inside scoring and rebounding. unexpected by most.
5. Skyy Clark has provided solid PG play and scoring. Very calm and effective. Still getting used to college ball - I think there is a lot of upside here.
6. Sencire showed in UCLA game he can contribute on defense this season - 1 man press. - Unexpected by most.
7. RJ shows flashes of potential - I think there is upside here
8. Mayer shows flashes of potential - I think there is upside
9. Still missing Luke Goode outside shooting - hope he can come back in January
10. Rogers shows potential on defense and passing. Needs to develop more offense. Undersized at 6'6" to play PF. About what we expcted
I was worried most about our post defense and rebounding in B10. I think Dain will help a lot here with his size.
I was worried adding 6 new players - TSJ, Jayden, Skyy, Sencire, and Matthew would have terrible chemistry but people are filling roles nicely. Skyy seems to let the game come to him. Does not feel the need to get his point.
Playing at MD is a great test. MD has 3 solid road wins - @SLU, @Miami and @Louisville. If we can win at College Park with our the swarming defense I am hopeful of another B10 title and elite 8 appearance.