Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illini basketball ticket sales & deals

Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:24 AM   #26
illinifan1515
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchFromAtwood View Post
Does anyone know if these tickets are still available??? I tried 4 min ago and I keep getting this response....

"System state error, expired batch is specified"
Having the same problem. I really hope it's not sold out already.
illinifan1515 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:26 AM   #27
FeelYourPaign
Just went and tried for A section, couldn't get 2 together (didn't look for singles)
However, could find 2 in B and even 3, which would be enough for me.
Trying to get my family to a last minute blast down I-57.
Hope to see you there !!
FeelYourPaign is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:46 AM   #28
Stook64
Got my set of tickets......look forward to some great basketball!!!!!
Stook64 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:54 AM   #29
wakeupneo1
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by steman732 View Post
I can't believe we are "hoping" to sell out games vs. ranked teams.

Kentucky or Kansas would sell out a scrimmage.........
This is what happens when u have an irrelevant program for almost a decade.

Brighter days are upon us though, I have a felling....

We will rise from the ashes of the Weber Era.

wakeupneo1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:11 AM   #30
illinifan1515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stook64 View Post
How did you do it? Every time I click on the link, it says no promotions available.
illinifan1515 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:42 AM   #31
Konnie
Cannot make the trip down I-57 for tonight’s game but gave my ticket to someone that promised me he would be in my seat. Go ILLINI.
Konnie is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:46 AM   #32
Wayne191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stook64 View Post

I tried to purchase tickets on my smartphone and got same message, however when I attempted purchase using my computer workstation everything went fine. I purchased tickets at 11:30 am and got section 40, row 11. Hoping to move into better seats if AH is not sold out.
Wayne191 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:59 AM   #33
Stook64
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan1515 View Post
How did you do it? Every time I click on the link, it says no promotions available.
Yea, I used my laptop at work and had no issues.
Stook64 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:16 PM   #34
whitesxfan2012
Orange & Blue tweety bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmillini View Post
Renovate... they need to blow it up and build a new one.
I second this motion !! If you guys want to see what a state of the art college basketball facility should look like, visit the YUM Center in downtown Louisville. UofL hit the jackpot with this baby.

http://www.kfcyumcenter.com
whitesxfan2012 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:45 PM   #35
Holdemall
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesxfan2012 View Post
I second this motion !! If you guys want to see what a state of the art college basketball facility should look like, visit the YUM Center in downtown Louisville. UofL hit the jackpot with this baby.

http://www.kfcyumcenter.com

YUM center was built with the NBA in mind. Chambana doesn't have the population to justify it, IMO, though I wish it did.
Holdemall is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:09 PM   #36
justsomedude
Just pulled the trigger ... not sure if I'll use them but I bought 4 in case.
justsomedude is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:13 PM   #37
whitesxfan2012
Orange & Blue tweety bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdemall View Post
YUM center was built with the NBA in mind. Chambana doesn't have the population to justify it, IMO, though I wish it did.

Interesting you bring this up...UofL refused to have the arena built downtown, unless they were assured of not having to share with an NBA team. It has been voted down several times now by the local government officials. However, there is always a new push for an NBA team to come to Louisville about once or twice a year.

That aside, UI could build a downsized version of this with a seating capacity of 17,500, instead of 22,100 (the KFC YUM capacity).
whitesxfan2012 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:04 PM   #38
Dan
Admin
Illini Ticket Manager Jason Heggemeyer on WDWS at halftime of Norfolk State game:

* 1,500 Big Ten Mini-Packs have been sold in the past 24 hours

* 700 tickets left for January 5th Ohio State game.

* 2,000 tickets left for February 7th (Thursday night) Indiana game.
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:21 PM   #39
danielb927
Orange Krush Class of 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Illini Ticket Manager Jason Heggemeyer on WDWS at halftime of Norfolk State game:

Nice! Any time you can sell 10% of the arena for 3 games in a day, that's a good promo.

Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:58 AM   #40
Konnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Winning and good Marketing will fill the AHl
Konnie is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:05 AM   #41
jackman404
Banned
I'm amazed that there are still tickets to the IU game. Home matchup against the top ranked team in the nation, who also happens to be a huge rival. Going to need a huge home court advantage in that one.
jackman404 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:29 AM   #42
PVR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackman404 View Post
I'm amazed that there are still tickets to the IU game. Home matchup against the top ranked team in the nation, who also happens to be a huge rival. Going to need a huge home court advantage in that one.
Seriously. Come on, people.

Also, I've always been turned off by the complaining about the A section crowd on this board. (I think due to the tone people use while doing so.) That said, watching the highlights from last night's game, the empty grey seats behind the scorer's table really are an issue. No idea how that gets worked out, but hopefully it's addressed with the Assembly Hall renovation. But it's not just the A seats. At the G-Tech game there were whole sections of grey seats up top. When we're undefeated off to a hot start, and it's the Big Ten/ACC Challenge? Unreal.

On the topic of empty seats, I can't make it down from Chicago for Sunday's game due to the Bears game. I've got two seats in C. Anybody in Chicago want them? Will sell them (for face, obviously) to anyone who wants them. Or if you're a recent grad in the Chicago area who can't spare the dough but really want to go down for the game, you can have them free (honor system). Personal message me if interested.
PVR is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:38 AM   #43
UIUC2008
Banned
I don't understand why the Athletic Dept/Ticket Office can't contact the season ticket holders who's seat are repeatedly empty. I'm talking about the seats that are on TV every game empty. Those seats should be filled every game. I know they're probably some big shot booster's seats, but there has to be a way to get bodies in those seats.
UIUC2008 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:51 AM   #44
danielb927
Orange Krush Class of 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by UIUC2008 View Post
I don't understand why the Athletic Dept/Ticket Office can't contact the season ticket holders who's seat are repeatedly empty. I'm talking about the seats that are on TV every game empty. Those seats should be filled every game. I know they're probably some big shot booster's seats, but there has to be a way to get bodies in those seats.
Until this year with the addition of barcoded, scannable tickets, it would have been difficult to determine who wasn't there for a given game. One of the biggest benefits of adding those scanners will be the ticket usage metrics.

Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:55 AM   #45
joekam
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielb927 View Post
Until this year with the addition of barcoded, scannable tickets, it would have been difficult to determine who wasn't there for a given game. One of the biggest benefits of adding those scanners will be the ticket usage metrics.
My question is what are you able to do once you have that data? I doubt they will force boosters and long time ticket holders to move back a few rows or revoke season tickets.

Basically what is the solution to the empty seats? Some sort of season ticket holder "ticket exchange" that pro teams like the Bulls have where season ticket holders can post tickets for sale to the games they know they won't make it to?

Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:08 PM   #46
DrewD007
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekam View Post
My question is what are you able to do once you have that data? I doubt they will force boosters and long time ticket holders to move back a few rows or revoke season tickets.

Basically what is the solution to the empty seats? Some sort of season ticket holder "ticket exchange" that pro teams like the Bulls have where season ticket holders can post tickets for sale to the games they know they won't make it to?
I think when the new electronic ticketing was implemented a ticket exchange was mentioned, but if I recall correctly it wouldn't be in place until next year.

Edit: Here's the Press Release that mentions ticket exchanges in the future.
DrewD007 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:13 PM   #47
cjcastan
Quote:
Maybe when AH is renovated, that is exactly what they do.

They could slide those people up a little and have luxury seating type arrangement like the 200 level at Bulls games. Or move them to the TV camera side. In their place put student seating right behind the benches.

Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:20 PM   #48
joekam
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewD007 View Post
Edit: Here's the Press Release that mentions ticket exchanges in the future.
Thanks for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcastan View Post

They could slide those people up a little and have luxury seating type arrangement like the 200 level at Bulls games. Or move them to the TV camera side. In their place put student seating right behind the benches.
Hopefully they bite on the luxury seating or box type set up. Definitely need the louder crowd closer to the floor.

Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:40 PM   #49
UIUC2008
Banned
Quote:

I wasn't implying they would revoke tickets or force long time season ticket holders into worse seats. I was thinking more along the lines of a ticket exchange. It seems to me there's an open group of seats right behind our bench/ the scorer's table every game. The ticket office has to know who's seats they are. Since it's gotta be a big time booster who's donated serious time and money of the years there's need to piss them off. Simply contact them and let them know that they really want the seats to be filled on a nightly basis and if they will not be using them the Athletic Dept can arrange for them to used.
UIUC2008 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:30 PM   #50
IlliniSpine
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcastan View Post

Any time frame for the renovation? When it will/should start and finish?
IlliniSpine is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »