Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Football

Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Closed Thread

Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:21 PM   #8301
GilThorpe
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJeffrey View Post
Agree. For a second I thought that was a picture of our women's BB recruits. I've never figured out why guys want to look like that. the long haired dudes in basketball seriously look like WBB players to me.
it started about 5-6 years ago when it seemed like every team had one black player with long hair.

Then about 3 years ago it got to the point where every team now has about 3-4 black players with long hair.

Then about a year ago, now there is one white player with long hair on most teams -- ala Fox from ND or Matthews from GB.

I dont get it. I had fairly long hair soph year in college in 1980. it was a pain in the arse. never again.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:32 PM   #8302
Ander1345
I'd be afraid that someone would drag me down by it. See: Troy Polamalu and Larry Johnson
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:38 PM   #8303
TexasIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
I think he's ours.
That would be a big pickup. He seems to already have the body to play DT.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:46 PM   #8304
FT35
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinidarrin View Post
Our Jucos could be apart of the "all-hair" team.

Not only that but the names are pretty unusual as well, with the exception of Finney. Is this the reason why we passed on Mike Smithburg :laugh:

Zane looks like an extra from a Kid N' Play movie.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:53 PM   #8305
Juice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasIllini View Post
That would be a big pickup. He seems to already have the body to play DT.
Yeah, pretty sure Josh is an Illinois fan from what I have seen/heard the last few years throughout his commitment. Get him on campus for his official, I think we get him.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:29 PM   #8306
Paignt It Orange
Hearing that Dawson has verballed to Fichigan. CRAP!

Quote:
Reon Dawson is a WOLVERINE. He just committed to Michigan. Story coming on http://Scout.com

http://twitter.com/BillBankGreene

Last edited by Dan; Jan 14, 2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:34 PM   #8307
illinidarrin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paignt It Orange View Post
Hearing that Dawson has verballed to Fichigan. CRAP!

https://twitter.com/AllenTrieu
Makes me sick.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:36 PM   #8308
RyanK
Quote:
Makes me sick.
Welcome Jaylen Dunlap
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:36 PM   #8309
DrewD007
Hope Bailey burns him a bunch the next 4 years if that's the case.

Edit: Don't know when we play Michigan again but it may not be while the two are in school.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:38 PM   #8310
Paignt It Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanK View Post
Welcome Jaylen Dunlap
Yep, exactly what I was thinking.

Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:38 PM   #8311
Juice
To say that I'm mad is an understatement.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:40 PM   #8312
Paignt It Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewD007 View Post
Hope Bailey burns him a bunch the next 4 years if that's the case.

Edit: Don't know when we play Michigan again but it may not be while the two are in school.
Well not sure Reon will be playing any way. Have fun sitting the bench Reon. Possibility of starting next year, now he'll sit for 2 maybe 3 years. Good luck to you.

Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:45 PM   #8313
ILLiniJoe32390
Banned
See ya Reon. Lets get Dunlap an offer and get him signed up.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:46 PM   #8314
Warriors1994
Hope he doesnt play a snap in four years
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:48 PM   #8315
illinidarrin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paignt It Orange View Post
Well not sure Reon will be playing any way. Have fun sitting the bench Reon. Possibility of starting next year, now he'll sit for 2 maybe 3 years. Good luck to you.
Thats the thing i dont get. He wont play at Michigan for a while, if at all. He probably would have played a lot here. I guess going to parties are more important.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:50 PM   #8316
Juice
Quote:
Thats the thing i dont get. He wont play at Michigan for a while, if at all. He probably would have played a lot here. I guess going to parties are more important.
Ticks me off man. He would have a chance to play from day 1 here. It's same old story, different day. I don't know that recruits will ever realize this stuff.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:51 PM   #8317
quhawks12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanK View Post
Welcome Jaylen Dunlap
Another under the radar CB visiting this weekend as well.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:51 PM   #8318
AHSIllini32
Banned
Quote:
After seeing that tweet from him it certainly makes me wonder what his priorities are.

If he doesn't want to be here, fine. Have fun riding the pine and hoping for a chance instead of coming and potentially playing right away.

On to the next one.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:56 PM   #8319
Juice
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHSIllini32 View Post
After seeing that tweet from him it certainly makes me wonder what his priorities are.

If he doesn't want to be here, fine. Have fun riding the pine and hoping for a chance instead of coming and potentially playing right away.

On to the next one.
We say this a lot here. I'm almost getting used to it. Please for the love of god I hope Jones sticks.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:57 PM   #8320
RyanK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
We say this a lot here. I'm almost getting used to it. Please for the love of god I hope Jones sticks.
Don't think it's gonna happen. We'll lose a few, gain a few. Happens to everyone...
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:57 PM   #8321
Warriors1994
Thats the thing for me i want guys like Mosely who is out there all out ILLINI. i know for a second he had second thoughts but he wants to be an ILLINI and wants to improve this team.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:59 PM   #8322
RyanK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warriors1994 View Post
Thats the thing for me i want guys like Mosely who is out there all out ILLINI. i know for a second he had second thoughts but he wants to be an ILLINI and wants to improve this team.
A lot of our recruits would probably switch if Michigan offered them a ride...
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:59 PM   #8323
quhawks12
Really guys? He's an 18 year old kid. Wish m well and move on. Embarrassing that we have people wishing he never plays etc.

And if you were a HS recruit you would pick Michigan too. Remember UM isn't telling him he won't play. They're saying he will play and he's a kid who's good at football so he believes he can play too.

And questioning his priorities...ha...damn right he wants to have a good time! And good for him. As I said, wish him well and we'll move on. We'be seem this coming for weeks now anyway.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:01 PM   #8324
RyanK
Quote:
Originally Posted by quhawks12 View Post
Really guys? He's an 18 year old kid. Wish m well and move on. Embarrassing that we have people wishing he never plays etc.

And if you were a HS recruit you would pick Michigan too. Remember UM isn't telling him he won't play. They're saying he will play and he's a kid who's good at football so he believes he can play too.

And questioning his priorities...ha...damn right he wants to have a good time! And good for him. As I said, wish him well and we'll move on. We'be seem this coming for weeks now anyway.
Couldn't have said it better. A lot of people just don't get it...
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:02 PM   #8325
illinidarrin
Quote:
Originally Posted by quhawks12 View Post

And i am damn sick and tired of seeing this crap. we have to work our butt off to get a good player to come here. All Michigan has to do is offer a player and they commit. It is really sad and pretty unfair when you think about it.
Closed Thread

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Football | Next Thread »