Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Football

James Patton to Indiana

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Feb 9, 2013, 10:00 AM   #26
Illini87InClt
Posts: 411
This would be great! I hope that Patton ends up coaching at Illinois.
Illini87InClt is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 10:43 AM   #27
Groundhogday
Groundhogday's Avatar
Posts: 22,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiBears View Post
Maybe he can turn out to be a great recruiter like Mike Locksley was when he helped us get Regis Benn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warriors1994 View Post
It would be nice to keep a few of the top instate linemen home and maybe with him he can help do that, I know Illinois is harder to sell than Oklahoma but you never know what can happen
The most important job for Patton would be to develop our OL. If he can contribute significantly to recruiting, that would be an added bonus.

__________________
ONLY ORANGE!
Groundhogday is online now Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 11:01 AM   #28
Warriors1994
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogday View Post
The most important job for Patton would be to develop our OL. If he can contribute significantly to recruiting, that would be an added bonus.
You are right I am jumping the gun, once he hopefully develops them, then hopefully he seals the deal with some of the instate OL
Warriors1994 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 12:50 PM   #29
Calilama
Banned
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogday View Post
The most important job for Patton would be to develop our OL. If he can contribute significantly to recruiting, that would be an added bonus.
I'm going to defer to qhawks here but Bridges is going to coach T/TE and Patton OL / GC?....that's a new one for me....sounds like Bridges will be working for Patton...Bridges is listed as OL coach though...oh well..we need as much help as we can get!
Calilama is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 01:17 PM   #30
quhawks12
Location: Hamilton County, IN
Posts: 4,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calilama View Post
I'm going to defer to qhawks here but Bridges is going to coach T/TE and Patton OL / GC?....that's a new one for me....sounds like Bridges will be working for Patton...Bridges is listed as OL coach though...oh well..we need as much help as we can get!
Pretty common in a spread style offense. Bridge coaches T/TE at NC St and Patton coached C/G at OU so I just assumed that would stay the same.
quhawks12 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 01:30 PM   #31
Calilama
Banned
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by quhawks12 View Post
Pretty common in a spread style offense. Bridge coaches T/TE at NC St and Patton coached C/G at OU so I just assumed that would stay the same.
There you go!..question answered...thanks q
Calilama is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 02:20 PM   #32
Larken24
Larken24's Avatar
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 450
Hopefully we'll know soon if it's true or not
Larken24 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:23 AM   #33
quhawks12
Location: Hamilton County, IN
Posts: 4,398
Not sure this is happening anymore?
quhawks12 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:03 AM   #34
Groundhogday
Groundhogday's Avatar
Posts: 22,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by quhawks12 View Post
Not sure this is happening anymore?
Real bummer if this falls through.

__________________
ONLY ORANGE!
Groundhogday is online now Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:32 AM   #35
Warriors1994
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by quhawks12 View Post
Not sure this is happening anymore?
Have you heard it is not happening or just speculating since nothing has happened yet? I logged in specifically to come to this thread and say I wonder if this is still happening since we havent heard anything
Warriors1994 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:44 AM   #36
quhawks12
Location: Hamilton County, IN
Posts: 4,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogday View Post
Real bummer if this falls through.
I believe it has. Not 100% but it sure seems that way.
quhawks12 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:45 AM   #37
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 29,245
Quote:
James Patton out at Oklahoma

SoonerScoop.com had confirmed Patton interviewed for the open offensive line job at Illinois last month and rumors circulated he would end up in Champagne. But as of today, we have no confirmation of those reports.

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1471153
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:52 AM   #38
HsvIllini
HsvIllini's Avatar
Location: Alabama
Posts: 3,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by quhawks12 View Post
I believe it has. Not 100% but it sure seems that way.
Bummer
HsvIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:03 AM   #39
aberger
aberger's Avatar
Posts: 295
Champagne? Really?
aberger is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:04 AM   #40
quhawks12
Location: Hamilton County, IN
Posts: 4,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogday View Post
Real bummer if this falls through.
Not sure this "fell through". I think this might be something that happened a while ago and is just now getting out.

I think he "interviewed" as that OU Rivals article says. I think he probably interviewed elsewhere and went elsewhere and we then hired Bridge. Just my guess on what happened I could be completely wrong and he could end up here in the role as we have talked about on here. I'm just hearing that Patton won't be here....for now...
quhawks12 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:14 AM   #41
Warriors1994
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by quhawks12 View Post
Not sure this "fell through". I think this might be something that happened a while ago and is just now getting out.

I think he "interviewed" as that OU Rivals article says. I think he probably interviewed elsewhere and went elsewhere and we then hired Bridge. Just my guess on what happened I could be completely wrong and he could end up here in the role as we have talked about on here. I'm just hearing that Patton won't be here....for now...
Warriors1994 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:03 AM   #42
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 29,245
James Patton to Indiana.
Quote:
James Patton Joins Hoosiers Coaching Staff

http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-f...021113aaa.html
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:04 AM   #43
KJKobs
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,124
ouch

__________________
Twitter: @KJKobs
KJKobs is online now Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:06 AM   #44
Juice
Juice's Avatar
Posts: 2,121
Lol.
Juice is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:07 AM   #45
Warriors1994
Posts: 2,310
what the hell, this sucks
Warriors1994 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:12 AM   #46
scubadunk
scubadunk's Avatar
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,239
Why does this make me laugh?
scubadunk is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:22 AM   #47
DrewD007
DrewD007's Avatar
Location: Swansea, IL
Posts: 4,361
Makes sense, since he would have worked under Kevin Wilson there.
DrewD007 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:24 AM   #48
illinidarrin
illinidarrin's Avatar
Location: from parts unknown
Posts: 2,382
It's not funny when IU becomes better than us in football in practically every category.
illinidarrin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:50 AM   #49
BluesBro
BluesBro's Avatar
Location: Behind the Cheddar Curtain
Posts: 104
For all we know, he was talking to Indiana all along. Remember, it was a Big12 reporter where OU stands for the University of Oklahoma; KU is the University of Kansas, etc.

IU versus UI might have confused them.
BluesBro is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:28 AM   #50
quhawks12
Location: Hamilton County, IN
Posts: 4,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinidarrin View Post
It's not funny when IU becomes better than us in football in practically every category.
Oh good lord...
quhawks12 is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Football | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Forum Jump