Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Pregame: Illinois vs Purdue, Wednesday, February 13th, 8:00pm CT, BTN

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:08 PM   #76
hooraybeer
hooraybeer's Avatar
Location: Med School Library
Posts: 1,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniSpine View Post
How about a big head of Gene Keady with focus on his comb-over for the PU game?

Gene Keady would be a perfect big head!

lol

__________________
Drunk on orange kool-aid
hooraybeer is offline
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:09 PM   #77
nicksmith4three
nicksmith4three's Avatar
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooraybeer View Post

this bighead needs to happen... look deep into her eyes...
over attached girlfriend or grumpy cat would be good
nicksmith4three is offline
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:14 PM   #78
AzIlliniFan
Posts: 3,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniSpine View Post
How about a big head of Gene Keady with focus on his comb-over for the PU game?

Gene Keady would be a perfect big head!
It would be perfect if they got some of the 'comb-over' blowing in the wind! I tried to find a pic of Keady with the windblown look but there's not anything out there. Some of you Krush members might have to photoshop some wayward locks onto Keady's head to get the full effect!
AzIlliniFan is offline
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:18 PM   #79
HsvIllini
HsvIllini's Avatar
Location: Alabama
Posts: 4,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzIlliniFan View Post
It would be perfect if they got some of the 'comb-over' blowing in the wind! I tried to find a pic of Keady with the windblown look but there's not anything out there. Some of you Krush members might have to photoshop some wayward locks onto Keady's head to get the full effect!
Photoshop heck - get some fake hair and attach it :-)
HsvIllini is online now
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:46 PM   #80
finalfour05
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by classof2016 View Post
Also, can the DIA please just put some freaking orange shirts on every seat in the A section? That way the empty ones would be covered. It's really not hard or even that expensive. Those empty seats at the IU game were an embarrassment.
+10000000..the DIA needs to do something with the empty gray seats in A section. It looks terrible on TV and can't help our recruiting when recruits are watching the game and see the best seats in the house not taken
finalfour05 is offline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:18 AM   #81
IlliniSpine
Banned
Location: Seattle Area, WA
Posts: 2,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooraybeer View Post

lol

PERFECT! Orange Krush, PLEASE make this happen!
IlliniSpine is offline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:20 AM   #82
IlliniSpine
Banned
Location: Seattle Area, WA
Posts: 2,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzIlliniFan View Post
It would be perfect if they got some of the 'comb-over' blowing in the wind! I tried to find a pic of Keady with the windblown look but there's not anything out there. Some of you Krush members might have to photoshop some wayward locks onto Keady's head to get the full effect!
They could get the big head, then attach some fake hair and then get a fan to blow it during the Purdue FT attempts!

That would be EPIC!

Man, I've put way too much thought into that...time for bed
IlliniSpine is offline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:40 AM   #83
IlliniKat91
IlliniKat91's Avatar
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniSpine View Post
They could get the big head, then attach some fake hair and then get a fan to blow it during the Purdue FT attempts!

That would be EPIC!

Man, I've put way too much thought into that...time for bed
You know there's an engineer somewhere on campus who could make that happen between now and game time.

Hell, they could build the fan into the big head.
IlliniKat91 is offline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:47 AM   #84
WesterveltVictoryCigar
Location: People's Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 8,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniSpine View Post
Gene Keady would be a perfect big head!
But which one?

WesterveltVictoryCigar is offline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:52 AM   #85
Hugh Jorgen
Banned
Posts: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockI View Post
"I'm sick and tired of losing to Purdue" Coach Robert Knight.
Hands down, one of the funniest locker room rants of all time.
Hugh Jorgen is offline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:53 AM   #86
Hugh Jorgen
Banned
Posts: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvIllini View Post
Photoshop heck - get some fake hair and attach it :-)
Somebody PLEASE photoshop a picture of Gene Keady with Ernie McKracken's hair from Kingpin. Hold that up behind the basket and the free throw shooter may very well airball the shot while laughing hysterically.
Hugh Jorgen is offline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:40 AM   #87
sapan1030
Banned
Posts: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgen View Post
Hands down, one of the funniest locker room rants of all time.
Just listened to it on Youtube, I hadn't heard of it until I saw it mentioned here. It's great! I've always loved Bob Knight's intensity and no BS approach. I always happened to stumble upon a page of IU basketball quotes that I thought were pretty funny, one of the best ones..."The reason a lot of people are Purdue fans? Because they can't afford Final Four tickets" hahah
sapan1030 is offline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:26 AM   #88
classof2016
Posts: 1,048
We should definitely get a grumpy cat big head hahahahaa
classof2016 is offline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:26 AM   #89
classof2016
Posts: 1,048
Or Mike Ditka
classof2016 is offline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:29 AM   #90
troyk
Banned
Posts: 1,322
One of the few times I've admired Bobby Knight was his Purdue halftime speech. Quality stuff.

But yes, his quote is very applicable here. "I'm sick and &#*@ing tired of losing to Purdue". That should be Groce's gameplan on Wednesday. Just keep saying that over and over again.
troyk is offline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:56 AM   #91
Leonardite
Leonardite's Avatar
Location: Terre Haute, IN
Posts: 1,148
They should 'Paint the Hall Orange' for this game.

__________________

So easy.
So easy.
So easy.

"Frank Williams putting on a show passing the rock! Driving, Drawing, and Dishing the rock! The three D's man!" --- The Frank Williams Show
Leonardite is offline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:25 AM   #92
RecLeagueHero
Banned
Posts: 5,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockI View Post
"I'm sick and tired of losing to Purdue" Coach Robert Knight.
Awesome. My friends and I listened to this and were quoting it all weekend while in Minny. One of the funnier clips related to Knight out there....along with the golf outtakes.
RecLeagueHero is offline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:27 AM   #93
RecLeagueHero
Banned
Posts: 5,596
Saw some good cardboard heads at The Barn, including Mr. T, Dwight Schrute, and Hugh Hefner (in captains hat).
RecLeagueHero is offline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:17 PM   #94
chiefcub69
Banned
Posts: 347
Clint Eastwood was a good one too
chiefcub69 is offline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:09 PM   #95
Big Jack
Big Jack's Avatar
Location: Decatur
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfour05 View Post
+10000000..the DIA needs to do something with the empty gray seats in A section. It looks terrible on TV and can't help our recruiting when recruits are watching the game and see the best seats in the house not taken

I just don't get it.. I know they are corporate or rich people who could care less since they typically are snoozing during the games but how can they be so arrogant to not know there should be people sitting in those seats. If they are not occupied by game time open them to whomever in C sections wants to sit there.. It is absolutely inexcusable to see those seats. They should be forced to turn the tickets back in if they are not going to be there.. plain and simple..

Anyone watch the Georgetown/Marquette game they had the same problem with empty grey seats stuck out like a sore thumb and they are a top 20 program..
Big Jack is offline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:49 PM   #96
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 30,865
Quote:
Game 26 Notes & Links: Illinois vs. Purdue

TV- Josh Lewin, PBP & Tim Doyle, Analyst

http://www.fightingillini.com/sports...021213aah.html
Quote:
So the halftime graphic for Tim Doyle says All Big10, 2007. I looked it up: honorable mention coaches & media. That's a huge stretch, right?

http://twitter.com/ALionEye
Dan is offline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:04 PM   #97
illynifan34
That's a winner!!
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 8,110
Quote:
Game 26 Notes & Links: Illinois vs. Purdue

TV- Josh Lewin, PBP & Tim Doyle, Analyst

http://www.fightingillini.com/sports...021213aah.html

Quote:
The Illini wrap up a stretch of three games in seven games, hosting Purdue on Wednesday night.
Proof reading is a lost art.

I say we win if we score 70, in the 60s a toss up, lose if in the 50s.

__________________
www.afsp.org

In Mike I Trust

Aggressive

illynifan34 is offline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:20 PM   #98
PeoriaSteve
Banned
Posts: 3,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnarel View Post
It shouldn't be a surprise to anybody here that NCAA-related governing bodies are just a little bit high-strung when it comes to anything that could be construed as vaguely offensive.
Like for instance, violating your own rules when investigating a school (Miami) for possibly violating your rules?
PeoriaSteve is offline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:52 PM   #99
finalfour2011
Location: Bourbonnais, IL
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jack View Post
I just don't get it.. I know they are corporate or rich people who could care less since they typically are snoozing during the games but how can they be so arrogant to not know there should be people sitting in those seats. If they are not occupied by game time open them to whomever in C sections wants to sit there.. It is absolutely inexcusable to see those seats. They should be forced to turn the tickets back in if they are not going to be there.. plain and simple..

Anyone watch the Georgetown/Marquette game they had the same problem with empty grey seats stuck out like a sore thumb and they are a top 20 program..
I just scored two A seats behind the Illini band...so someone IS turning them in...they also had B seats available tuesday afternoon. (at fightingillini.com)

Last edited by finalfour2011; Feb 12, 2013 at 04:54 PM. Reason: added where to get seats
finalfour2011 is offline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:57 PM   #100
hooraybeer
hooraybeer's Avatar
Location: Med School Library
Posts: 1,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jack View Post
I just don't get it.. I know they are corporate or rich people who could care less since they typically are snoozing during the games but how can they be so arrogant to not know there should be people sitting in those seats. If they are not occupied by game time open them to whomever in C sections wants to sit there.. It is absolutely inexcusable to see those seats. They should be forced to turn the tickets back in if they are not going to be there.. plain and simple..

Anyone watch the Georgetown/Marquette game they had the same problem with empty grey seats stuck out like a sore thumb and they are a top 20 program..
It boggles my mind the DIA has not come up with a solution to this simple problem. Definition of embarrassing

__________________
Drunk on orange kool-aid
hooraybeer is offline
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Forum Jump