Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Pregame: Illinois vs Purdue, Wednesday, February 13th, 8:00pm CT, BTN

Closed Thread

Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:08 PM   #76
hooraybeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniSpine View Post
How about a big head of Gene Keady with focus on his comb-over for the PU game?

Gene Keady would be a perfect big head!

lol

Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:09 PM   #77
nicksmith4three
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooraybeer View Post

this bighead needs to happen... look deep into her eyes...
over attached girlfriend or grumpy cat would be good
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:14 PM   #78
AzIlliniFan
Quote:
How about a big head of Gene Keady with focus on his comb-over for the PU game?

It would be perfect if they got some of the 'comb-over' blowing in the wind! I tried to find a pic of Keady with the windblown look but there's not anything out there. Some of you Krush members might have to photoshop some wayward locks onto Keady's head to get the full effect!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:18 PM   #79
HsvIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzIlliniFan View Post
It would be perfect if they got some of the 'comb-over' blowing in the wind! I tried to find a pic of Keady with the windblown look but there's not anything out there. Some of you Krush members might have to photoshop some wayward locks onto Keady's head to get the full effect!
Photoshop heck - get some fake hair and attach it :-)
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:46 PM   #80
finalfour05
Quote:
Originally Posted by classof2016 View Post
Also, can the DIA please just put some freaking orange shirts on every seat in the A section? That way the empty ones would be covered. It's really not hard or even that expensive. Those empty seats at the IU game were an embarrassment.
+10000000..the DIA needs to do something with the empty gray seats in A section. It looks terrible on TV and can't help our recruiting when recruits are watching the game and see the best seats in the house not taken
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:18 AM   #81
IlliniSpine
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooraybeer View Post

lol

PERFECT! Orange Krush, PLEASE make this happen!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:20 AM   #82
IlliniSpine
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzIlliniFan View Post
They could get the big head, then attach some fake hair and then get a fan to blow it during the Purdue FT attempts!

That would be EPIC!

Man, I've put way too much thought into that...time for bed
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:40 AM   #83
IlliniKat91
Quote:
They could get the big head, then attach some fake hair and then get a fan to blow it during the Purdue FT attempts!

That would be EPIC!

Man, I've put way too much thought into that...time for bed
You know there's an engineer somewhere on campus who could make that happen between now and game time.

Hell, they could build the fan into the big head.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:47 AM   #84
WesterveltVictoryCigar
Quote:
But which one?

Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:52 AM   #85
Hugh Jorgen
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockI View Post
"I'm sick and tired of losing to Purdue" Coach Robert Knight.
Hands down, one of the funniest locker room rants of all time.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:53 AM   #86
Hugh Jorgen
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvIllini View Post
Photoshop heck - get some fake hair and attach it :-)
Somebody PLEASE photoshop a picture of Gene Keady with Ernie McKracken's hair from Kingpin. Hold that up behind the basket and the free throw shooter may very well airball the shot while laughing hysterically.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:40 AM   #87
sapan1030
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgen View Post
Hands down, one of the funniest locker room rants of all time.
Just listened to it on Youtube, I hadn't heard of it until I saw it mentioned here. It's great! I've always loved Bob Knight's intensity and no BS approach. I always happened to stumble upon a page of IU basketball quotes that I thought were pretty funny, one of the best ones..."The reason a lot of people are Purdue fans? Because they can't afford Final Four tickets" hahah
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:26 AM   #88
classof2016
We should definitely get a grumpy cat big head hahahahaa
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:26 AM   #89
classof2016
Or Mike Ditka
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:29 AM   #90
troyk
Banned
One of the few times I've admired Bobby Knight was his Purdue halftime speech. Quality stuff.

But yes, his quote is very applicable here. "I'm sick and &#*@ing tired of losing to Purdue". That should be Groce's gameplan on Wednesday. Just keep saying that over and over again.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:56 AM   #91
Leonardite
They should 'Paint the Hall Orange' for this game.

So easy.
So easy.
So easy.

"Frank Williams putting on a show passing the rock! Driving, Drawing, and Dishing the rock! The three D's man!" --- The Frank Williams Show
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:25 AM   #92
RecLeagueHero
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockI View Post
"I'm sick and tired of losing to Purdue" Coach Robert Knight.
Awesome. My friends and I listened to this and were quoting it all weekend while in Minny. One of the funnier clips related to Knight out there....along with the golf outtakes.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:27 AM   #93
RecLeagueHero
Banned
Saw some good cardboard heads at The Barn, including Mr. T, Dwight Schrute, and Hugh Hefner (in captains hat).
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:17 PM   #94
chiefcub69
Banned
Clint Eastwood was a good one too
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:09 PM   #95
Big Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfour05 View Post
+10000000..the DIA needs to do something with the empty gray seats in A section. It looks terrible on TV and can't help our recruiting when recruits are watching the game and see the best seats in the house not taken

I just don't get it.. I know they are corporate or rich people who could care less since they typically are snoozing during the games but how can they be so arrogant to not know there should be people sitting in those seats. If they are not occupied by game time open them to whomever in C sections wants to sit there.. It is absolutely inexcusable to see those seats. They should be forced to turn the tickets back in if they are not going to be there.. plain and simple..

Anyone watch the Georgetown/Marquette game they had the same problem with empty grey seats stuck out like a sore thumb and they are a top 20 program..
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:49 PM   #96
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Game 26 Notes & Links: Illinois vs. Purdue

TV- Josh Lewin, PBP & Tim Doyle, Analyst

http://www.fightingillini.com/sports...021213aah.html
Quote:
So the halftime graphic for Tim Doyle says All Big10, 2007. I looked it up: honorable mention coaches & media. That's a huge stretch, right?

http://twitter.com/ALionEye
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:04 PM   #97
illynifan34
That's a winner!!
Quote:
Game 26 Notes & Links: Illinois vs. Purdue

TV- Josh Lewin, PBP & Tim Doyle, Analyst

http://www.fightingillini.com/sports...021213aah.html

Quote:
The Illini wrap up a stretch of three games in seven games, hosting Purdue on Wednesday night.
Proof reading is a lost art.

I say we win if we score 70, in the 60s a toss up, lose if in the 50s.

In Mike I Trust

Aggressive

Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:20 PM   #98
PeoriaSteve
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnarel View Post
It shouldn't be a surprise to anybody here that NCAA-related governing bodies are just a little bit high-strung when it comes to anything that could be construed as vaguely offensive.
Like for instance, violating your own rules when investigating a school (Miami) for possibly violating your rules?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:52 PM   #99
finalfour2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jack View Post
I just don't get it.. I know they are corporate or rich people who could care less since they typically are snoozing during the games but how can they be so arrogant to not know there should be people sitting in those seats. If they are not occupied by game time open them to whomever in C sections wants to sit there.. It is absolutely inexcusable to see those seats. They should be forced to turn the tickets back in if they are not going to be there.. plain and simple..

Anyone watch the Georgetown/Marquette game they had the same problem with empty grey seats stuck out like a sore thumb and they are a top 20 program..
I just scored two A seats behind the Illini band...so someone IS turning them in...they also had B seats available tuesday afternoon. (at fightingillini.com)

Last edited by finalfour2011; Feb 12, 2013 at 04:54 PM. Reason: added where to get seats
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:57 PM   #100
hooraybeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jack View Post

It boggles my mind the DIA has not come up with a solution to this simple problem. Definition of embarrassing

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »