Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

Closed Thread

Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:00 PM   #7226
IL2000
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonHoffman View Post
Last thing I'll post regarding Leron Black's twitter account. He just changed his bio to "Baylor Bear signee" and "#BaylorGang." Why would someone who decommitted from Baylor put this back in their bio?

IMO, it's 100% fake.
I don't see that.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:05 PM   #7227
CardsIllinifan8
BigTenFanClub
Once again, calm down people. Quit fighting about if his twitter is real of fake; he is showing us genuine interest and that is all we need to know.

If it's not him, who care and if it is, then fantastic. Everyone calm down and let's enjoy the ride. Groce has us in position with highly rated guys.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:09 PM   #7228
Kramer116
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsIllinifan8 View Post
Once again, calm down people. Quit fighting about if his twitter is real of fake; he is showing us genuine interest and that is all we need to know.

If it's not him, who care and if it is, then fantastic. Everyone calm down and let's enjoy the ride. Groce has us in position with highly rated guys.
+1

"I do want to address something. I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in it's place. I'm going to tell you what place it's in. It's in a great place. That's what place it's in.... So if anyone wants to know what place Illinois college hoops is in right now, it's in a great place. Not a good place. A great place" - JFG
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:09 PM   #7229
SimonHoffman
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL2000 View Post
I don't see that.
His bio just reverted back to the original "undeclared..."

Too much drama for me...
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:15 PM   #7230
HsvIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsIllinifan8 View Post

Agreed. And if it does happen to be fake (which I'm thinking more and more that it's not), someone has put a tremendous amount of effort into making it look extremely real...
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:40 PM   #7231
ivwilsoniv
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvIllini View Post
Agreed. And if it does happen to be fake (which I'm thinking more and more that it's not), someone has put a tremendous amount of effort into making it look extremely real...
Guarantee that this sentence went thru Manti Teo's head at some point, and look how that turned out.

Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:03 PM   #7232
SimonHoffman
Back to actual recruiting info - Hill had 16 points in a win over Collinsville. He has also been selected to play for Team USA in the FLA vs USA Hardwood Classic. Congratulations to Malcolm.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:37 PM   #7233
bigillinfan11
Larry Austin just tweeted saying the the real leron black does not have a twitter and this one is a fake
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:38 PM   #7234
illinibballfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigillinfan11 View Post
Larry Austin just tweeted saying the the real leron black does not have a twitter and this one is a fake
Sounds like something a fake Larry Austin would say
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:45 PM   #7235
Juice
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinibballfan View Post
Sounds like something a fake Larry Austin would say
I just asked him how he knew and he said because the real Leron just texted him and told LA to tell everyone. Carry on
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:46 PM   #7236
TCTORNADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigillinfan11 View Post
If you look down a few tweets from that one, Leron Black's AAU coach wished LA a Happy Birthday tonight (2/19/13). Interesting connection.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:47 PM   #7237
DaytonIllini

Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:50 PM   #7238
Dan
Admin
I guess we can close this case

Quote:
@Showtime_LB Just to let everyone know this is not the real Leron Black. Leron does not have a twitter page

@CGGADD Lol cuz the real Leron just text me and told me to tell everyone

http://twitter.com/_LarryAustin2_
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:51 PM   #7239
hooraybeer
leron black just posted a pic to his Instagram that the showtime_lb account is fake. some damn loser punked a lot of people

Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:53 PM   #7240
gordonbacon15
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooraybeer View Post
leron black just posted a pic to his Instagram that the showtime_lb account is fake. some damn loser punked a lot of people
Finke included
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:54 PM   #7241
IlliniKat91
Well, there go all of the followers he gained in the past 24 hours.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:58 PM   #7242
Juice
Funny note: shortly after the Larry Austin tweet saying the account was fake, this is what Leron's (fake) account tweeted:

"catch y'all in a couple weeks..." in other words, "they caught me".

:laugh:
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:59 PM   #7243
Jabber Jabber
I think a lot of people need to realign their bullsh*t detection meter.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:04 PM   #7244
ivwilsoniv
I think all of us can associate with Manti Te'o a little more closely now, except we caught it within a day...

Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:04 PM   #7245
ThunderNutz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
Funny note: shortly after the Larry Austin tweet saying the account was fake, this is what Leron's (fake) account tweeted:

"catch y'all in a couple weeks..." in other words, "they caught me".

:laugh:
"They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true"
"Were did you here that?"...."The internet"
"Oh look, here comes my date, I met him on the internet. He's a French model."

"Bonjour"

I love that commercial!!!:laugh:

Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:10 PM   #7246
illinitrav
Wait... so you're tellin me there's a bigtime high school prospect that doesn't have a Twitter account??

I like this kid even more!

Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:14 PM   #7247
hooraybeer
as one of the first to question the legitimacy of the account last night, i take a little satisfaction in knowing i can spot bs from a distance... and i honestly don't think the real LB had any idea what was goign on, so even though some saw it as "creepy", i think me asking him on instagram about the showtime account was probably the first time he'd heard anything about it. I would want to know if someone was posing as me.

Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:33 PM   #7248
Mbrew87
Hoooooooold up before you all start calling me creepy you don't even know the entire story. this fake account asked me to do him a favor and all I replied was to do me a favor and post a pic to prove him wrong because I knew at that point it was fake. I'm done with you all. And ps I'm glad you all remember my drunk tweet to XRM about "pickin the red headed step child school of Florida" with that said go speculate and assume more.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:48 PM   #7249
IanKEvans2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbrew87 View Post
Hoooooooold up before you all start calling me creepy you don't even know the entire story. this fake account asked me to do him a favor and all I replied was to do me a favor and post a pic to prove him wrong because I knew at that point it was fake. I'm done with you all. And ps I'm glad you all remember my drunk tweet to XRM about "pickin the red headed step child school of Florida" with that said go speculate and assume more.
Being drunk is no excuse for being rude.

Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:54 PM   #7250
hooraybeer
glad its over. let's bring the REAL LB to u of I and let nothing else be said about this loser.

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »