Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Football

Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM   #3451
Second and Chalmers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT35 View Post
Estes appears to have had very little impact on JT's recruitment. Missouri had been dropped from JT's list for quite some time even with Estes committed there.
Seems like Estes was committed there in name only for a good long while now.

If Minny gets Thomas (and I'm getting ahead of myself even suggesting that, but still), that's going to be really, really upsetting.
Second and Chalmers is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM   #3452
TooHot4Tots
Not upsetting at all. Best of luck to Estes with Minny, but not sure it will be at QB. Never know though.
TooHot4Tots is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM   #3453
Title
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217sports View Post
I never understood the hype on Estes, doesn't look like a P5 player
N/M

Last edited by Title; Yesterday at 02:30 PM.
Title is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM   #3454
BZuppke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Second and Chalmers View Post
Guys, Mr. Sunshine is gonna be a problem.

PJ was my first choice when Lovie wasn't on the radar. He will succeed at Minnesota. Probably end up being their best coach ever. Then maybe get poached by a PAC 12 school.
BZuppke is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM   #3455
OldGreg
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZuppke View Post
PJ was my first choice when Lovie wasn't on the radar. He will succeed at Minnesota. Probably end up being their best coach ever. Then maybe get poached by a PAC 12 school.
His opening presser at Minny was/is must see. What a tornado of energy that guy is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX9kYQ0IlTM
OldGreg is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM   #3456
BillMo
what do people feel is our biggest needs with the remaining scollys ?

I think we need to find 3 or 4 more OL,2-3 DT 2DE then maybe DBs and a TE If we can land a stud WR or RB I wouldn't mind but really not looking at either as a need to add, unless they are studs thoughts ? ? ?
BillMo is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM   #3457
StateFarmCenter
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMo View Post
what do people feel is our biggest needs with the remaining scollys ?

I think we need to find 3 or 4 more OL,2-3 DT 2DE then maybe DBs and a TE If we can land a stud WR or RB I wouldn't mind but really not looking at either as a need to add, unless they are studs thoughts ? ? ?
I don't think they want to add anymore DTs and 4 more OL seems like a lot. DL started as the biggest need and still is IMO. 3 more in the very very least and hopefully 1 or 2 of those are upperclassmen adds.

TE they need one, but they seem confident they'll be landing Dorsey soon. WR down to Roberson and Thomas. They'd take both. RB they definitely seem done with, although epstein is weirdly getting a lot of late interest.

I do think they want another QB. I just don't know of any names they're currently recruiting. Probably pretty picked over too.

Last edited by StateFarmCenter; Yesterday at 04:49 PM.
StateFarmCenter is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM   #3458
BillMo
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateFarmCenter View Post
I don't think they want to add anymore DTs and 4 more OL seems like a lot. DL started as the biggest need and still is IMO. 3 more in the very very least and hopefully 1 or 2 of those are upperclassmen adds.

TE they need one, but they seem confident they'll be landing Dorsey soon. WR down to Roberson and Thomas. They'd take both. RB they definitely seem done with, although epstein is weirdly getting a lot of late interest.

I do think they want another QB. I just don't know of any names they're currently recruiting. Probably pretty picked over too.

ok maybe I should say 4/5 more DL/OL size guys and figure out where they would help most . I wonder if any of the FR OL that didn't play might be looked at to move over to the DL I just think you should add at the very least 4 OL per year and 3DT

Last edited by BillMo; Yesterday at 05:03 PM.
BillMo is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM   #3459
LurkLongandProsper
IMO, focus on landing 2 DEs (Debose +1), get Palczewski/Roberson/Dorsey locked up.

This would put us at 22/23* commits, with 4 being back-counted. After that, focus on just adding athletes (ideally for the secondary). IMO, we don't have to fill a full 28 just to fill, and use the inevitably open slots for grad transfers (for your LTT fans, this would be where we pursue him). Would love to somehow snag Roundtree and Maxwell, although the former does not seem likely. Would really rather avoid taking guys just to take guys. Was really hoping we'd get a punter in this class, but 'twas not meant to be.

* To clarify my 22/23, does anyone know why Knight hasn't been added to our class on 247? No columns are hot, either. 247 has been quite quick adding guys throughout the season (had all of the WMU->MN flips within hour(s).
LurkLongandProsper is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM   #3460
Doak1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateFarmCenter View Post

Doak1960 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM   #3461
StateFarmCenter
Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkLongandProsper View Post
IMO, focus on landing 2 DEs (Debose +1), get Palczewski/Roberson/Dorsey locked up.

This would put us at 22/23* commits, with 4 being back-counted. After that, focus on just adding athletes (ideally for the secondary). IMO, we don't have to fill a full 28 just to fill, and use the inevitably open slots for grad transfers (for your LTT fans, this would be where we pursue him). Would love to somehow snag Roundtree and Maxwell, although the former does not seem likely. Would really rather avoid taking guys just to take guys. Was really hoping we'd get a punter in this class, but 'twas not meant to be.

* To clarify my 22/23, does anyone know why Knight hasn't been added to our class on 247? No columns are hot, either. 247 has been quite quick adding guys throughout the season (had all of the WMU->MN flips within hour(s).
Don't know why 247 hasn't updated,but Mcgee gave an indirect confirmation tweet.
StateFarmCenter is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM   #3462
LurkLongandProsper
Lovie and AHS visited Roberson at his school and had an in-home today. Still all in without the unofficial this weekend
Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM   #3463
LurkLongandProsper
A new punter target emerges!

Quote:
https://twitter.com/JWernerScout/sta...42352470282242

#illini check in on California punter @ryanstonehouse3; visit could come soon
https://t.co/vJWZOhOJLp
Punter Ryan Stonehouse out of California, #1 punter per 247. http://247sports.com/Player/Ryan-Stonehouse-46037724

Yes please
Old Yesterday, 11:48 PM   #3464
FiveStar
Quote:

Punter Ryan Stonehouse out of California, #1 punter per 247. http://247sports.com/Player/Ryan-Stonehouse-46037724

Yes please
Just in case anybody has been dying to check out a punting highlight tape.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4471165/...d8140b84c58bca
FiveStar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:25 AM   #3465
CAHALL15
Quote:

Yes please
Bob Ligashesky did an in home visit.
CAHALL15 is online now Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Football | Next Thread »