Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

2017 Basketball Transfer Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Mar 24, 2017, 02:56 PM   #51
TCTORNADO
Posts: 9,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by TownieMatt View Post
Seems like a good player, but I don't see why we're pursuing guards. I guess we're taking a "more the merrier" approach.
Part of Underwood's roster rebuild.
TCTORNADO is online now Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2017, 03:27 PM   #52
WesterveltVictoryCigar
Posts: 13,341
He's from Brockton, so he must be a tough, hard nosed kid.
WesterveltVictoryCigar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2017, 04:20 PM   #53
Illini B-Ball Fan
Illini B-Ball Fan's Avatar
Location: Racine WI
Posts: 1,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTORNADO View Post
Part of Underwood's roster rebuild.
With getting the ball down the court to shoot on or before the 7-second rule next year, we'll be shuffling 3 fresh guards in and out the lineup so often that it will be SOP, therefore all available guards will be essential.

__________________
Illini game plan - It's not how fast you play, it's how well you play fast.
Illini B-Ball Fan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2017, 09:36 AM   #54
tv2
Posts: 6
I see Missouri has received the number 1 player in the country, "transferring" from Washington, and may also receive his brother as well. The rivalry may really heat up between the Illini and Missouri.

Cheers

ps. If this is inappropriate, please move or delete and my apology.

Last edited by tv2; Mar 25, 2017 at 09:50 AM.
tv2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:21 AM   #55
DragonIlliniFan
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2 View Post
I see Missouri has received the number 1 player in the country, "transferring" from Washington, and may also receive his brother as well. The rivalry may really heat up between the Illini and Missouri.

Cheers

ps. If this is inappropriate, please move or delete and my apology.
What?! Source?!

DragonIlliniFan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:28 AM   #56
jcgoldie
jcgoldie's Avatar
Location: Alton, IL
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2 View Post
I see Missouri has received the number 1 player in the country, "transferring" from Washington, and may also receive his brother as well. The rivalry may really heat up between the Illini and Missouri.

Cheers

ps. If this is inappropriate, please move or delete and my apology.
Can't say I didn't enjoy beating up on Kim Anderson, but Mizzou being good is good for us if we are too... that game definitely needs a shot in the arm.
jcgoldie is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:29 AM   #57
FiveStar
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgoldie View Post
Can't say I didn't enjoy beating up on Kim Anderson, but Mizzou being good is good for us if we are too... that game definitely needs a shot in the arm.
Yeah. We just can't afford to have a crappy UC game AND a crappy braggin rights game.
FiveStar is online now Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:33 AM   #58
tv2
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonIlliniFan View Post
What?! Source?!

From Bing headlines on Bing's home page. His father was hired as an assistant basketball coach at Missouri. Besides Michael, Michael's brother may also attend. Instant jack up of Missouri's basketball strength.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...D=ansmsnnews11

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ed-his-father/

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...hael-porter-jr

Cheers

Last edited by tv2; Mar 25, 2017 at 11:36 AM.
tv2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2017, 02:01 PM   #59
OldGreg
Banned
Posts: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2 View Post
From Bing headlines on Bing's home page. His father was hired as an assistant basketball coach at Missouri. Besides Michael, Michael's brother may also attend. Instant jack up of Missouri's basketball strength.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...D=ansmsnnews11

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ed-his-father/

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...hael-porter-jr

Cheers
Woosh
OldGreg is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2017, 07:51 PM   #60
SycIllini
Location: Sycamore, Illinois
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveStar View Post
Yeah. We just can't afford to have a crappy UC game AND a crappy braggin rights game.
Those braggin rights games of the early/mid 2000s were really something special when both teams were good. Hope we can get back to that.
SycIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2017, 07:51 PM   #61
davesworld
davesworld's Avatar
Location: Athens
Posts: 62
He didn't transfer, i think that was what was confusing.... He asked out of his LOI

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

__________________
We are better than a blueblood, we are an orange and blueblood
davesworld is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2017, 08:06 PM   #62
sacraig
Mad Scientist
sacraig's Avatar
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2 View Post
I see Missouri has received the number 1 player in the country, "transferring" from Washington, and may also receive his brother as well. The rivalry may really heat up between the Illini and Missouri.

Cheers

ps. If this is inappropriate, please move or delete and my apology.
It sure is a good thing that Cuonzo has a history of squadering top talent and failing to convert that into wins.
sacraig is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2017, 08:16 PM   #63
skibdaddy
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert1991 View Post
I hate Bill Self. I hate Kansas. I hate the bench players that insist on making finger glasses every time a three goes in. Wasn't really sure which thread to put this on, so I chose here.
This made me laugh... Post this type of comment anywhere
skibdaddy is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2017, 06:05 PM   #64
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 34,926
Ed Morrow transferring from Nebraska

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=211538395
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2017, 06:10 PM   #65
westcoastillini
westcoastillini's Avatar
Posts: 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Ed Morrow transferring from Nebraska

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=211538395
He's pretty good. Could he be an Illini?
westcoastillini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2017, 06:12 PM   #66
TCTORNADO
Posts: 9,591
I'm stunned on Morrow.
TCTORNADO is online now Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2017, 06:12 PM   #67
mdonsbach
mdonsbach's Avatar
Location: Coatesville, PA
Posts: 2,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastillini View Post
He's pretty good. Could he be an Illini?
Unless Miles becomes John Belein he will probably be blocked from any Big Ten team.

__________________
Twitter
mdonsbach is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2017, 06:35 PM   #68
miketherevelator
miketherevelator's Avatar
Location: Aurora
Posts: 4,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTORNADO View Post
I'm stunned on Morrow.
Me too. And this is weird.

Lee Barfknecht‏ @leebeeowh
#nebrasketball #huskers Just talked to Ed Morrow Sr. Said he's not comfortable commenting on Ed Jr. transfer til he talks to son.
miketherevelator is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2017, 06:40 PM   #69
Illini B-Ball Fan
Illini B-Ball Fan's Avatar
Location: Racine WI
Posts: 1,400
Wow, Nebraska wasn't for Morrow, should be interesting the real reason why and what's next for him.

__________________
Illini game plan - It's not how fast you play, it's how well you play fast.
Illini B-Ball Fan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2017, 06:50 PM   #70
HTT
Posts: 40
It will be a dream scenario if we can take Ed Morrow to his home state.
HTT is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2017, 06:54 PM   #71
mhuml32
mhuml32's Avatar
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 781
No insider status, but I'll predict he lands at Marquette.
mhuml32 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2017, 06:54 PM   #72
TCTORNADO
Posts: 9,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketherevelator View Post
Me too. And this is weird.

Lee Barfknecht‏ @leebeeowh
#nebrasketball #huskers Just talked to Ed Morrow Sr. Said he's not comfortable commenting on Ed Jr. transfer til he talks to son.
"till he talks to his son" huh??
TCTORNADO is online now Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2017, 06:55 PM   #73
TCTORNADO
Posts: 9,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuml32 View Post
No insider status, but I'll predict he lands at Marquette.
Creighton is my guess.

Last edited by TCTORNADO; Mar 29, 2017 at 06:59 PM.
TCTORNADO is online now Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2017, 07:04 PM   #74
IlliniinIowa
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTORNADO View Post
Creighton is my guess.
Mine too...
IlliniinIowa is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2017, 07:10 PM   #75
JudsonFTS
Posts: 572
Morrow have 1 year left or 2?
JudsonFTS is offline Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Forum Jump