Quote:
Originally Posted by JudsonFTS View Post
Morrow have 1 year left or 2?
illiniknight is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 07:45 AM   #77
PlayAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastillini View Post
He's pretty good. Could he be an Illini?
Morrow less....
PlayAZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 07:49 AM   #78
MainelyIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayAZ View Post
Morrow less....

MainelyIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 07:53 AM   #79
coryfor3
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketherevelator View Post
Me too. And this is weird.

Lee Barfknecht‏ @leebeeowh
#nebrasketball #huskers Just talked to Ed Morrow Sr. Said he's not comfortable commenting on Ed Jr. transfer til he talks to son.
Yeah the quotes from Jr were weird too. He talked about how attached he is to Nebraska and then said transferring was something that he needed to do to better himself or something like that. I sort of took as "I like Nebraska but I'm not developing as a player like I think I would or should.." I guess I sort of took it as an indictment of the coaching staff but that was just my impression and what I took from his statement.
coryfor3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 07:58 AM   #80
champaignchris
Although he graduated from Simeon, his parents are Nebraska grads and he spent a good chunk of his childhood in Lincoln.

Pretty stunning. Wonder what happened there.
champaignchris is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 08:02 AM   #81
jcgoldie
Pretty likely Morrow would be blocked from other schools in the BIG.
jcgoldie is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 08:03 AM   #82
MA Illini
Definitely surprised by the transfer. Doesn't seem to be about playing time since he started 18 of the 25 games he played in (missed 7 due to injury).

I think a lot of teams will be after Morrow. Proven contributor at a high major . . .
MA Illini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 08:06 AM   #83
coryfor3
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastillini View Post
He's pretty good. Could he be an Illini?
Transferring in the conference won't happen. I'd keep an eye on Creighton, Iowa State and West Virginia.
coryfor3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 08:08 AM   #84
IlliniTargetAcquired
Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfor3 View Post
Transferring in the conference won't happen. I'd keep an eye on Creighton, Iowa State and West Virginia.
+1 Creighton and Iowa State have seemed to be the two most active and attractive destination for this type of transfer over the past couple years
IlliniTargetAcquired is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 08:58 AM   #85
FatGreg
Banned
Morrow likely wants to be able to play some on the wing and operate as an offensive focal point. He's 6'7 with a 7'0 wingspan and NBA athleticism, but he needs to transform into a 3-and-D combo forward to have any chance of making it at the next level.
FatGreg is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 09:03 AM   #86
TCTORNADO
The Morrow plot thickens.
TCTORNADO is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 09:06 AM   #87
westcoastillini
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayAZ View Post
Morrow less....
That is just awful!!!
westcoastillini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 09:08 AM   #88
westcoastillini
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTORNADO View Post
The Morrow plot thickens.

Ouch!! Well. I guess we will find out where he goes toMorrow...
westcoastillini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:34 AM   #89
Foggy Notion
Foggy Notion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:58 AM   #90
ILLINI IN NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfor3 View Post
Yeah the quotes from Jr were weird too. He talked about how attached he is to Nebraska and then said transferring was something that he needed to do to better himself or something like that. I sort of took as "I like Nebraska but I'm not developing as a player like I think I would or should.." I guess I sort of took it as an indictment of the coaching staff but that was just my impression and what I took from his statement.

The rumors I have heard out here point to the coaching staff and particularly Miles for his discontent. He was playing mostly center and wanted to play on the wing. After meeting with the coaching staff earlier in the week it appeared he would still be playing mostly at the 5 next season so it was time to get out of Dodge.
ILLINI IN NE is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:04 AM   #91
jcgoldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLINI IN NE View Post
The rumors I have heard out here point to the coaching staff and particularly Miles for his discontent. He was playing mostly center and wanted to play on the wing. After meeting with the coaching staff earlier in the week it appeared he would still be playing mostly at the 5 next season so it was time to get out of Dodge.
Wasn't this the issue with Morrow even in high school? He was an undersized post player, a tweener who's skill set didn't lend itself to being on the wing. Not that he couldn't have helped us a lot, but wouldn't he have been used in the same way at Illinois?
jcgoldie is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:05 AM   #92
qcillini13
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgoldie View Post
Wasn't this the issue with Morrow even in high school? He was an undersized post player, a tweener who's skill set didn't lend itself to being on the wing. Not that he couldn't have helped us a lot, but wouldn't he have been used in the same way at Illinois?
He would have been used exactly like Leron Black was in my opinion.
qcillini13 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:29 AM   #93
ILLINI IN NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcillini13 View Post
He would have been used exactly like Leron Black was in my opinion.

Maybe but LB can shoot the 15 footer and was hitting some threes at the end of the season. Morrow is a very poor jump shooter and did almost all his scoring under the basket or at the line.
ILLINI IN NE is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:35 AM   #94
miketherevelator
Quote:
Maybe but LB can shoot the 15 footer and was hitting some threes at the end of the season. Morrow is a very poor jump shooter and did almost all his scoring under the basket or at the line.
I can see Morrow wanting to expand his game, but even in high school he stayed pretty much within 5 feet or so of the basket. He's a ferocious rebounder and has a sweet reverse layup going under the basket, but I can't remember him doing any kind of jump shooting (although I'm sure he must have tried a few).
miketherevelator is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:36 AM   #95
Combo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatGreg View Post
Morrow likely wants to be able to play some on the wing and operate as an offensive focal point. He's 6'7 with a 7'0 wingspan and NBA athleticism, but he needs to transform into a 3-and-D combo forward to have any chance of making it at the next level.
You don't just develop "wing" skills in a year or two. And very few coaches are going to play him at SF if he can't handle the ball, defend quick players, and shoot from outside.
Combo is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:45 AM   #96
FatGreg
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combo View Post
You don't just develop "wing" skills in a year or two. And very few coaches are going to play him at SF if he can't handle the ball, defend quick players, and shoot from outside.
agreed. just guessing at his motivation. i'm guessing he knows his only shot is to make that transition. whether he can do it is a separate issue.
FatGreg is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:04 PM   #97
qcillini13
Banned
Quote:
I'm not saying that LB doesn't a more versatile game, just that those two remind me of one another and I would think that the plan would have been for Morrow to be used very similarly to how LB was used for us last year, especially earlier in the year before he started to expand his game out to the 3-point line.
qcillini13 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 02:05 PM   #98
Sal Iacuzzo
Quinnipiac Freshman guards Mikey Dixon (16.5 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 2.3 APG, MAAC Freshman of the Year) and Peter Kiss (13.3 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 2.8 APG) are transferring.

I've seen these guys play a lot and they are high major talents.
Sal Iacuzzo is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2017, 02:52 PM   #99
PlayAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyIllini View Post

PlayAZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2017, 07:45 AM   #100
Sal Iacuzzo
Egor Koulechov‏ transferring from Rice and will be immediately eligible. Probably the best 5th year out there (19 PPG, 8 RPG, 47% from 3).
Sal Iacuzzo is offline Reply With Quote