Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Bruce Weber on the Hot Seat - Possible Coaching Replacements

Closed Thread

Old Mar 9, 2012, 08:15 AM   #3551
RiverCity1
I am hearing it has happened. Bruce Weber has been fired. Nothing on print other than from somebody I know that knows. I am pretty confident it has happened otherwise I wouldn't post it. Sad day in my opinion. I think it will be a happy day for most on here.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 08:16 AM   #3552
zpfled
^^^ In sports you can get up to 110%. Every coach says so.

Old Mar 9, 2012, 08:18 AM   #3553
CrazedUIFan
UI Fan in QC Land
Not sure where this would go. I'm sure Dan can place it in the proper thread. Some of the comments at the end of this article are embarrassing, but not surprising.

Through a daughter’s eyes: Weber heat reaches family

Quote:
Emily can’t remember the last time he had a day off. Even last Christmas, when the family gathered and played the board game “The Game of Things,” Illinois had a practice in the evening.

If anything, Emily notices that her father is busier this season than usual — she does not believe he has given up.

“I’ve never seen my dad stop trying and he’s so, so hard on himself,” Emily said. “And he’s blaming everything on himself. And that’s really hard to watch, too, that he’s probably harder on himself than he needs to be.”

Overhearing phone conversations, which Emily does often while visiting her father in his office on campus, is a main source of information on the state of things.

The current state is somber. Emily says it’s evident in the tone of his voice, but most obviously in the words he is saying to his closest friends. “I’m doing all I can.” “Tough times don’t last, tough people do.”
Old Mar 9, 2012, 08:23 AM   #3554
lstewart53x3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedUIFan View Post
Not sure where this would go. I'm sure Dan can place it in the proper thread. Some of the comments at the end of this article are embarrassing, but not surprising.

Through a daughter’s eyes: Weber heat reaches family
As fans, we sometimes will be hard on a coach for losing games and forget about the families that are involved. It is time for the ILLINI and BW to go their seperate ways, but that doesn't make today any easier.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 08:24 AM   #3555
Dan
Admin
Bruce Weber has been fired.

New thread-

http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forum...ad.php?t=17755
Closed Thread

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »