Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > General > Track 5 Chat

Ads within threads

Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:37 PM   #1
bhinda8
I keep seeing Maryland ticket ads in the threads here. Does everyone see that or are the ads cookie based possibly from Google Map search or something of that ilk?

When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you canít eat money.

bhinda8 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:42 PM   #2
Charleston
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhinda8 View Post
I keep seeing Maryland ticket ads in the threads here. Does everyone see that or are the ads cookie based possibly from Google Map search or something of that ilk?
I'm seeing ads for dating women over 50 and FilipinoCupid.com (and some work-related stuff).
Charleston is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:54 PM   #3
mdonsbach
I can refinace with a low rate of 2.875%.

Ads these days are getting crazy. I am moving to PA in about 16 months so I was doing some job searching on Monster and Career Builder and sure enough I jump on here not 2 mins later and sure enough what do I see...adds for Career Builder for the exact jobs I was searching for!

Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:42 PM   #4
ctblaisdell83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston View Post
I'm seeing ads for dating women over 50 and FilipinoCupid.com (and some work-related stuff).
I'm guessing the Ladies over 50 probably have back issues. Perhaps IlliniSpine or other doctors on this site have seen the images and can comment

:laugh:
ctblaisdell83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:13 PM   #5
Shief
Right now I have life insurance and furniture, I'm 25 so insurance seems odd.
Shief is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:25 PM   #6
Sure Shot
Banned
I'm just glad I'm not getting Richard Mourdock and Sherrod Brown ads anymore. I'm in Illinois for goodness sakes!
Sure Shot is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:34 AM   #7
pizzaman
If you become a donor to the site you will see no more ads.
pizzaman is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:45 AM   #8
wpr
ESPN ad for the Clippers game. (Oh the humanity of it all.)
Ink cartridges.

I was at ESPN site and looked up the info to reorder ink yesterday.

So the cookies tell it which ads to post. The ironic part is I no longer need whatever they are advertising so it seems like a waste other than it helps out Dan. I am all for that.

Every once in a while I hit the ad link to Dan gets some credit for the web hit.
wpr is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:47 PM   #9
Mark Seifert
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhinda8 View Post
It's adsense, based on the content of the page and your browsing, search, etc. history. Run by google, which knows quite a bit about you.
Mark Seifert is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:53 PM   #10
wpr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seifert View Post
It's adsense, based on the content of the page and your browsing, search, etc. history. Run by google, which knows quite a bit about you.
a good reason to frequently delete cookies and browser history if this is an issue for someone.
wpr is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:09 PM   #11
bhinda8
It has now been determined that Dan is an "Insider" to Delany. He knew the B1G was pulling in Maryland long before the news broke.

When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you canít eat money.

bhinda8 is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | General Chat | Next Thread »