Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > General > Track 5 Chat

Happy Thanksgiving!

Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:05 PM   #1
DaytonIllini
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

With my wife having an unexpected illness that landed her in a coma for almost 2 weeks recently and now her full recovery to health I am so thankful for all the blessings of health. Next to health, so little else truly matters. A lesson that I had to be retaught painfully.

I hope each of you has a wonderful year ahead.

Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:40 PM   #2
danielb927
Orange Krush Class of 2013
Dayton, appreciate your starting this thread!

I am thankful to have spent the last 3.5 years at the school that I grew up loving. It's been an opportunity to grow tremendously as a person, and I've even been lucky enough to get to have fun for 3 of these years being involved in the athletic programs that I've loved since back when I was a kid. Thankful for our Illini Pride members and our exec board, all of whom put in a ridiculous amount of passion and time to making our cheering sections awesome. Also thankful to have a number of good post-graduation options on the horizon and excited (but nervous) to pick one.

In the same boat as above, I'm thankful for the continued health of family, friends, and self. I do take it for granted sometimes, but shouldn't!

Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:46 PM   #3
bmb777
Banned
had a good thanksgiving. let Danielle talk me into going black friday shopping at wal-mart. I will never do that again. the whole black friday thing is out of control. everyone in the store shouldve been locked up for general stupidity for being in a store that crowded.
bmb777 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:03 PM   #4
illinois_hustle
My Kool-Aid needs vodka
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonIllini View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

With my wife having an unexpected illness that landed her in a coma for almost 2 weeks recently and now her full recovery to health I am so thankful for all the blessings of health. Next to health, so little else truly matters. A lesson that I had to be retaught painfully.

I hope each of you has a wonderful year ahead.
Yikes. I hadn't heard. So glad to hear the 3rd act of that drama was a happy one. Blessings to you and your family.
illinois_hustle is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:17 PM   #5
DaytonIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinois_hustle View Post
Yikes. I hadn't heard. So glad to hear the 3rd act of that drama was a happy one. Blessings to you and your family.
Thanks my friend. It was a rough period but all well that ends well. She's nagging me to get off the computer now and come to bed. I have a new appreciation for being nagged!

Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:40 AM   #6
bmb777
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonIllini View Post
Thanks my friend. It was a rough period but all well that ends well. She's nagging me to get off the computer now and come to bed. I have a new appreciation for being nagged!
lol.

glad your wife is doing good now. my wife doesnt nag me to get off the computer and come to bed. since im used to being up late, I get on my laptop in bed. she can sleep, and I can get online and wind down after work. nights like tonight where im still up at 4am she will nag me somet then lol. but hey getting off work at 2am, I cant sleep right away. it takes me till 4 or 5 to be able to sleep.

she will be gone next week for a training class in Green Bay. I got a feeling I will end up stayiing awake till like 6am and talking to her before she goes to the class every morning.
bmb777 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:50 PM   #7
illini80
Thanksgiving takes on different meanings as the years pass. As Dayton pointed out.

For me for many years it was just time to see cousins and eat too much. Now it has become bittersweet. A rare opportunity to spend time with my kids and a milestone that is gratefully marked for each year that I get spend with my own parents.
illini80 is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | General Chat | Next Thread »