Northwestern 50, Illinois 14 POSTGAME

Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:56 PM   #1
Dan
Admin

Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:57 PM   #2
AHSIllini32
Banned
I'll be glad when we get some upperclassmen who decide they want to play.
AHSIllini32 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:02 PM   #3
troyk
Banned
Season over. Never thought I would be relieved typing that. What a trainwreck and a nice punctuation mark to finish by getting blown out at Northwestern.
troyk is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:02 PM   #4
AHSIllini32
Banned
Doug Buschon just summed this season up so well...Murphy's Law. Anything that could have went wrong this year did.

Injuries? Check
Buy-in issues? Check
Lack of depth? Check
Turnover Fairy? Check
New systems not fitting our current players? Check

Just everything.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:02 PM   #5
trevdv
Just when I thought the year couldn't get worse, Beckman is twice flagged for standing too close to the field. Now our coach is getting to be a joke. He doesn't even know where to stand on the field... TWICE!! That's absolutely unacceptable. From chewing illegal substances, to making huge coaching gaffes, to not even knowing where to stand on the sideline... it's a wonder he got a 10 on his high school placement test! I don't want him to go, give him at least another year to make a footprint here in terms of recruiting and such, even if that footprint is muddy and terrible one. I'm not calling for his head, I'm just calling him out. So glad this year is over. Adios, 2012 Illini football. Good luck to all the seniors; Ashante, Sanni, etc. On to basketball tomorrow.
trevdv is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:03 PM   #6
illinidarrin
Well, it's finally over. I guess we will see what happens in the next couple of weeks with the staff.
illinidarrin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:04 PM   #7
gmjz
Beckman = Bad Hire

I cannot believe how bad this team is. The players don't have confidence in Beckman. The assistant coaches are not confident with beckman.

This was a bad hire... Why can't we find someone like Fitz...

Losing to NU hurts. There is no conceivable way Illinois should lose to NU.

This is a disaster!
gmjz is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:04 PM   #8
troyk
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinidarrin View Post
Well, it's finally over. I guess we will see what happens in the next couple of weeks with the staff.
I think Beckman stays but you gotta figure at least half the staff will be gone, either by their choice or not.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:05 PM   #9
OrangeKrush
Banned
IT'S OVER! WE DID IT YOU GUYS!
OrangeKrush is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:05 PM   #10
AHSIllini32
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjz View Post
I cannot believe how bad this team is. The players don't have confidence in Beckman. The assistant coaches are not confident with beckman.

This was a bad hire... Why can't we find someone like Fitz...

Losing to NU hurts. There is no conceivable way Illinois should lose to NU.

This is a disaster!
This statement shows your lack of knowledge on the situation surrounding the two teams. Not trying to be a jerk but that statement just isn't true at this point in time.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:05 PM   #11
illinidarrin
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyk View Post
I think Beckman stays but you gotta figure at least half the staff will be gone, either by their choice or not.
Yeah, thats what someone on another board is saying.
illinidarrin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:06 PM   #12
AHSIllini32
Banned
Quote:
I doubt half. I would guess Gilmore and one of the co-oc, most likely Beatty.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:06 PM   #13
stevo99
FINALLY!!
stevo99 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:07 PM   #14
IlliniReb
Beatty, banks, Butkus .....gone?
IlliniReb is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:07 PM   #15
uiba99
Tiny Illini
Definitely the worst season in recent memory. I guess it feels worse because in college I really didn't care all that much.

"The danger is all around us now. Hatred is rising, yet all sides feel more virtuous. We’re asleep to the threat. We can have the most sophisticated Constitution, a brilliant system of checks and balances and a Bill of Rights to safeguard against the tyranny of the majority — yet none of it can stand against the power of hatred."
Fr. John I. Jenkins, President, University of Notre Dame
uiba99 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:07 PM   #16
troyk
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHSIllini32 View Post
I doubt half. I would guess Gilmore and one of the co-oc, most likely Beatty.
You are assuming the rest of the staff will want to stay. I think a few might leave on their own terms.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:07 PM   #17
U of I 89-05-10
was there at least a lot of Orange?
U of I 89-05-10 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:08 PM   #18
IlliniSpine
Banned
Too much "rah rah rah" without substance. Yes we had a lot of injuries, depth issues, etc. but the players didn't have anything to play for and it showed. Not too far off from our bbal team at the end of last year.

Since we all agree that MT is not firing TB this year, which assistant coaches are leaving/quitting/getting fired?

I think Banks is first, then the 2 OC's
IlliniSpine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:08 PM   #19
gibb52
In a perverse kind of way 50-14 is a good thing. Now no one can be under the illusion that we are close to anything good. Long, long, long way to go. Get some recruits in here that want to play and hate to lose. An offseason of strength and conditioning and getting more familiar with the playbook. Maybe next year we will at least be more competitive while we lose.

This has all the look of a 3-4 yr rebuilding project.
gibb52 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:08 PM   #20
trevdv
Quote:
Originally Posted by U of I 89-05-10 View Post
was there at least a lot of Orange?
If you count blood as an orange-ish color...then yes, orange was spilt.
trevdv is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:09 PM   #21
HsvIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniSpine View Post
Too much "rah rah rah" without substance. Yes we had a lot of injuries, depth issues, etc. but the players didn't have anything to play for and it showed. Not too far off from our bbal team at the end of last year.

Since we all agree that MT is not firing TB this year, which assistant coaches are leaving/quitting/getting fired?

I think Banks is first, then the 2 OC's
You think both OC's?
HsvIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:09 PM   #22
AHSIllini32
Banned
Quote:
You are assuming the rest of the staff will want to stay. I think a few might leave on their own terms.
No I'm not. I'm assuming these college coaches have more integrity than to bail at the first sign of adversity.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:09 PM   #23
ncoillini
I know all of us have our opinions, my opinion is TB should get his walking papers tonight. I have seen enough and heard enough excuses. I can't wait to hear the excuses for TB's penalties.

Let the excuses begin! I will not reply because this is my opinion.
ncoillini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:09 PM   #24
illiniwisdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevdv View Post
Just when I thought the year couldn't get worse, Beckman is twice flagged for standing too close to the field. Now our coach is getting to be a joke. He doesn't even know where to stand on the field... TWICE!! That's absolutely unacceptable. From chewing illegal substances, to making huge coaching gaffes, to not even knowing where to stand on the sideline... it's a wonder he got a 10 on his high school placement test! I don't want him to go, give him at least another year to make a footprint here in terms of recruiting and such, even if that footprint is muddy and terrible one. I'm not calling for his head, I'm just calling him out. So glad this year is over. Adios, 2012 Illini football. Good luck to all the seniors; Ashante, Sanni, etc. On to basketball tomorrow.
Then he hugs Fitz after the game! What a complete loser.
illiniwisdom is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:10 PM   #25
IlliniReb
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibb52 View Post
In a perverse kind of way 50-14 is a good thing. Now no one can be under the illusion that we are close to anything good. Long, long, long way to go. Get some recruits in here that want to play and hate to lose. An offseason of strength and conditioning and getting more familiar with the playbook. Maybe next year we will at least be more competitive while we lose.

This has all the look of a 3-4 yr rebuilding project.
+1
IlliniReb is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Football | Next Thread »