Illini Fan in Louisville is online now Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:47 PM   #2
HsvIllini
Yeah. Still not sold on them though.
HsvIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:47 PM   #3
Rich
JFG Fan Club
Butler beats Indiana, Illinois beats Butler. Illinois #1 team on Milky Way Galaxy.
Rich is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:48 PM   #4
T Fly2000
Coupled with their win against UNC..Our win looks pretty impresive..Considering we dominated most of that game..
T Fly2000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:50 PM   #5
Illinifanatic4ever
Another huge win for the Resume. Butler, Gonzaga and if we can take care of business against Missouri this non conference season will be beyond anything we could have hoped for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Illinifanatic4ever is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:59 PM   #6
IlliniFan95
Banned
Especially when u consider that we beat them soundly. It was no fluke W
IlliniFan95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:04 PM   #7
beaboutillini74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini Fan in Louisville View Post
Butler beats Indiana in OT.
They should have beat them in regulation though. But as they say a win is a win and it should make our win agaist them look better.
beaboutillini74 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:07 PM   #8
dutchf
Look at the disparity in number of FTs. I think 38/16 in favor of IU. Butler won in spite of the officials
dutchf is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:28 PM   #9
IlliniRon
Illini Basketball Fan Forever
I think our win against Butler was a very high quality win on a neutral court. At the time, some realized it and some thought Butler was not a great team this year. I think this Butler win over Indiana shows our win in Maui was huge.

Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:32 PM   #10
finalfour2011
Butler has now beaten N.C., Marquette, and IND, losing only to Xavier and Illinois, pretty impressive resume for pre-conference play. It makes me even more convinced that Indiana is beatable by our guys with a good game plan and execution. If I can have only one wish this year it would be to beat IU.
finalfour2011 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:47 PM   #11
WiskyIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfour2011 View Post
Butler has now beaten N.C., Marquette, and IND, losing only to Xavier and Illinois, pretty impressive resume for pre-conference play. It makes me even more convinced that Indiana is beatable by our guys with a good game plan and execution. If I can have only one wish this year it would be to beat IU.

As long it is at home and refs who do not get paid under the table. Butler was getting hosed by the refs this game. Zeller should have fouled out at least 3 times that game. If you got the game on DVR or you tube, watch his blatant push offs on rebounds, I mean really pushing. He knew they wouldn't call it and used it to his advantage.

If I was Coach Groce I would tell the refs before the game to watch him and his push offs and I will be taping them.
WiskyIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:22 PM   #12
troyk
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchf View Post
Look at the disparity in number of FTs. I think 38/16 in favor of IU. Butler won in spite of the officials
Butler shot twice as many 3 pointers as IU and IU is clearly the more athletic team and they have a guy like Zeller down low.

It should be no surprise that IU shot more free throws. That stat alone doesn't mean Butler was getting hosed.

Do I think Butler was getting hosed? Yes, but not to the extent some on here are claiming. IU was getting some calls but not enough to really sway the game.
troyk is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:32 PM   #13
IlliniKat91
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyk View Post
Butler shot twice as many 3 pointers as IU and IU is clearly the more athletic team and they have a guy like Zeller down low.

It should be no surprise that IU shot more free throws. That stat alone doesn't mean Butler was getting hosed.

Do I think Butler was getting hosed? Yes, but not to the extent some on here are claiming. IU was getting some calls but not enough to really sway the game.
It only looks that way now because Butler wound up winning the game. If they had lost in regulation by 3, everyone would be screaming that they were terrible.
IlliniKat91 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:39 PM   #14
hermie1985
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyk View Post

Butler should have one at the end of regulation. Refs kept IU in the game with no calls under Butler's basket.
hermie1985 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:44 PM   #15
U of I 89-05-10
13-point win, I might add!
U of I 89-05-10 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:50 PM   #16
hooraybeer
can't help but wonder... IU's relatively unimpressive resume up to this point, including this neutral-court loss to butler, should (strictly results-based) put them behind ILL, with undefeated record, neutral-court handling of butler, and top-10 road win. won't happen, but it should.

Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:09 PM   #17
scubadunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by U of I 89-05-10 View Post
13-point win, I might add!
17 points actually 78-61.
scubadunk is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:33 PM   #18
kbo007
Definitely shows IU still has a long way to go on defense to give up 80+ against a butler team that lacks scorers on offense. IU can outscore most teams but they struggle in trasition and half court D. I believe we have a great shot at beating them if we can get out and run the break effectively. What a game. College BBall is amazing.

Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:01 PM   #19
trevdv
I wonder how this will impact the Illinois-Indiana game. At first, the only reason I wanted tickets for the Indiana game was because they were gonna be the #1 team and we were a decent team too; an upset would be something to witness. But notice: our game vs. the Hoosiers comes about halfway through the conference slate; what if they lose on the road vs. Ohio State and at home vs. Michigan or Michigan State? I'm not downplaying the game, but it would seem like the home game vs. the Hoosiers is becoming less attractive as the non-conference season marches on. Don't get me wrong, it'll still be a great matchup, just won't sell tickets for people who are looking for a top 5 upset.
trevdv is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:08 PM   #20
blmillini
Hopefully people will now put to rest the notion that Butler wasn't that good. We are a solid team that is going to win some good games and eventually going to have some bad losses. I'm a little worried about this next game.
blmillini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:10 PM   #21
combes
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevdv View Post
I wonder how this will impact the Illinois-Indiana game. At first, the only reason I wanted tickets for the Indiana game was because they were gonna be the #1 team and we were a decent team too; an upset would be something to witness. But notice: our game vs. the Hoosiers comes about halfway through the conference slate; what if they lose on the road vs. Ohio State and at home vs. Michigan or Michigan State? I'm not downplaying the game, but it would seem like the home game vs. the Hoosiers is becoming less attractive as the non-conference season marches on. Don't get me wrong, it'll still be a great matchup, just won't sell tickets for people who are looking for a top 5 upset.
If it takes that to sell out the Hall, then our fans are pretty pathetic. Hope that is not the case.
combes is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:14 PM   #22
pckldr
Quote:
Originally Posted by combes View Post
If it takes that to sell out the Hall, then our fans are pretty pathetic. Hope that is not the case.
Combes, that HAS to be an outlier attitude.
pckldr is online now Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:19 PM   #23
Illini First
Banned
What bugs me is that duke will be ranked no 1, when they are not a 1 team.
Only because Louisville did not have their star center and Ohio played on
their court do they have an undefeated record. Otherwise it is two losses.

No 1 then belongs to Louisville, Ohio St is no 2. Duke would be #10 at best.

Last edited by Illini First; Dec 15, 2012 at 07:23 PM.
Illini First is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:19 PM   #24
lstewart53x3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevdv View Post
Indiana probably won't be #1 when we play them, but it very well could be a top 10 matchup. If we can't sell out for an Indiana rivalry game with both teams having good seasons, our fan base is much more scarred than I thought it was. Ill be at that game! : )
lstewart53x3 is online now Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:27 PM   #25
blmillini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini First View Post
What bugs me is that duke will be ranked no 1, when they are not a 1 team.
Only because Louisville did not have their star center and Ohio played on
their court do they have an undefeated record. Otherwise it is two losses.

No 1 then belongs to Louisville, Ohio St is no 2. Duke would be #10 at best.
I think you forgot about Michigan. And, Illinois State took Louisville to the wire and would have beaten them if not at Louisville. I truly believe this thing is wide open this year.
blmillini is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »