Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illinois a 3 seed in Jerry Palm's first bracket (12/27)

Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:02 PM   #1
Dan
Admin
Illinois a 3 seed in Jerry Palm's first bracket.
Quote:
Here is a look at the first projected bracket of the season. Only Kansas remains from the preseason No. 1 seeds. Of the others, Indiana and Louisville are not far behind, but Kentucky is down to a 10-seed. Duke is the overall No. 1 in this bracket.

There is no bubble report yet though. It’s too early. That will start with the next bracket, which will be shortly after the BCS title game.

As always, the “projected champion” for each league is the team that currently has the fewest conference losses, with ties broken by RPI.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:21 PM   #2
Illwinsagain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Illinois a 3 seed in Jerry Palm's first bracket.
It would be wonderful if this was mid-March. I am still optomistic and pessimistic at the same time with this team. There are obvious weaknesses, but some very good strengths. I would be very happy with a top 4 seed, even if it meant we were shipped out West.
Illwinsagain is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:29 PM   #3
Calvin
So much basketball left to play...I'm excited to see how we do in a very tough conf. Indiana, Mich, OSU, MSU, all could be FF material this year.
Calvin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:49 PM   #4
orange julius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illwinsagain View Post
It would be wonderful if this was mid-March. I am still optomistic and pessimistic at the same time with this team. There are obvious weaknesses, but some very good strengths. I would be very happy with a top 4 seed, even if it meant we were shipped out West.
Yes. Groce is over-achieving with this team thus far. We are 2 last second shots away from 2 more losses to mid major squads. I expect us to be in the tournament, but I would be ecstatic with a 6 seed or lower. In conference, I'm not sure Ohio State and Michigan State are as good as predicted. So we may be able to challenge them (and Minnesota) for third place behind IU and UM.
orange julius is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:19 PM   #5
illinifan31
Orange Krush Cow
I have a feeling that if Kansas State and Illinois both made the tournament, the path to playing each other would be quite short.
illinifan31 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:29 PM   #6
uiba99
Tiny Illini
I won't get excited until I see the Illini projected in a bracket that plays in Austin or Dallas. Then I'll be as happy as a little girl, or rather, me if I were 25 years younger.

"The danger is all around us now. Hatred is rising, yet all sides feel more virtuous. We’re asleep to the threat. We can have the most sophisticated Constitution, a brilliant system of checks and balances and a Bill of Rights to safeguard against the tyranny of the majority — yet none of it can stand against the power of hatred."
Fr. John I. Jenkins, President, University of Notre Dame
uiba99 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:32 PM   #7
troydove
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan31 View Post
I have a feeling that if Kansas State and Illinois both made the tournament, the path to playing each other would be quite short.
I've been thinking the same!
troydove is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:59 PM   #8
Alaskan Illini
The Frozen Illini
I'm just enjoying the season . . . .

Old Dec 28, 2012, 05:05 AM   #9
BWBW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Illini View Post
I'm just enjoying the season . . . .
Hopefully, it remains enjoyable. Even or better in the Big Ten. Maybe a BTT title (what are the odds?), a spot in March Madness.
BWBW is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:43 AM   #10
mdonsbach
Wow no Wisky just seems odd

Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:35 PM   #11
Illini87InClt
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan31 View Post
I feel that this is a likely outcome. If both teams make the tournament, the NCAA will probably make sure that Illinois and KSU will meet in the second round assuming that both win their first games.
Illini87InClt is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:16 PM   #12
JimmyChitwood
Too bad that isnt the actual bracket....lol
JimmyChitwood is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:01 PM   #13
IlliniFan1988
Banned
Too early for me to care. Nice to see we are getting love, but not putting any stock in it yet. Just enjoying the season game by game.
IlliniFan1988 is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »