Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Football

The Manti Te'o dead girlfriend story is a hoax (Deadspin)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:21 PM   #26
cjcastan
cjcastan's Avatar
Posts: 1,390
HOOOOLLLLLEEEEEEEEEE CRRRAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!



Some how Mike Brey must have played a part in this too. He's pretty slimy

__________________
The ball is round. The game lasts forty minutes. This much is fact. Everything else is theory
cjcastan is online now Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:22 PM   #27
-josh-
Banana no more
-josh-'s Avatar
Location: The paign born and raised
Posts: 4,917
I call shenanigans, anybody who believes that statement from Notre Dame should also sit down with me about some beach front property i own in florida.

__________________
http://youtu.be/i37uttMA6Mc?t=31s
Looks like it's the University of Illinois!
-josh- is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:22 PM   #28
Groundhogday
Groundhogday's Avatar
Posts: 23,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlivetNaz View Post
After reading the Deadspin piece...what a load of s***. No way Te'o isn't in on this somehow.
Yeah, I don't buy it either.

__________________
ONLY ORANGE!
Groundhogday is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:24 PM   #29
OlivetNaz
OlivetNaz's Avatar
Location: East Central IL
Posts: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by -josh- View Post
I call shenanigans, anybody who believes that statement from Notre Dame should also sit down with me about some beach front property i own in florida.
Except that you owning beachfront property in Florida is MUCH more likely and believable than ND's statement.

__________________

"If life were logical, men would ride side-saddle."
OlivetNaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:25 PM   #30
cmore
Posts: 2,138
I can't wrap my head around this. Let me get this straight. So manti is saying that he never met this gal, but just talked over the Internet? Or is he saying that they did meet, but the whole time she was playing him? I'm confused as hell. I think manti is a douchebag liar.
cmore is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:25 PM   #31
Glory Days
Posts: 3
What would be the motivation for a stud linebacker from Notre Dame to fake having a girlfriend?

Perhaps he doesn't like girls......
Glory Days is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:26 PM   #32
-josh-
Banana no more
-josh-'s Avatar
Location: The paign born and raised
Posts: 4,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmore View Post
I can't wrap my head around this. Let me get this straight. So manti is saying that he never met this gal, but just talked over the Internet? Or is he saying that they did meet, but the whole time she was playing him? I'm confused as hell. I think manti is a douchebag liar.

Read the whole article, it explains everything. He was saying throughout the entire season about things that he said to her, and he said he sent her flowers and that she spoke to him on the phone before she died and her last words were "i love you" Teo is SO in on this....shameful


Boers and Bernstein are all over this on 670 right now...

http://betaplayer.radio.com/player/670-the-score

__________________
http://youtu.be/i37uttMA6Mc?t=31s
Looks like it's the University of Illinois!
-josh- is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:29 PM   #33
-josh-
Banana no more
-josh-'s Avatar
Location: The paign born and raised
Posts: 4,917
I've moved from angry to angry and amused.

__________________
http://youtu.be/i37uttMA6Mc?t=31s
Looks like it's the University of Illinois!
-josh- is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:34 PM   #34
cjcastan
cjcastan's Avatar
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by -josh- View Post
I've moved from angry to angry and amused.
I am more angry about the role this played in D-Jax recruitment. I don't really give 2 you know what's about ND football or Te'o unless the Bears foolishly draft him.

__________________
The ball is round. The game lasts forty minutes. This much is fact. Everything else is theory
cjcastan is online now Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:36 PM   #35
OlivetNaz
OlivetNaz's Avatar
Location: East Central IL
Posts: 4,114
SI and ESPN are a bit slow on the uptake. This story hasn't hit either one of their websites yet.

__________________

"If life were logical, men would ride side-saddle."
OlivetNaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:37 PM   #36
-josh-
Banana no more
-josh-'s Avatar
Location: The paign born and raised
Posts: 4,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlivetNaz View Post
SI and ESPN are a bit slow on the uptake. This story hasn't hit either one of their websites yet.
:laugh:

They're to busy teaching Brent Musberger about PR...

__________________
http://youtu.be/i37uttMA6Mc?t=31s
Looks like it's the University of Illinois!
-josh- is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:37 PM   #37
illiniobserver22
illiniobserver22's Avatar
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,802
Best case for Manti is that he really was tricked, and just made up all the stuff about talking to her, her flying out to visit him, meeting her at the Stanford game, etc. Then at least he's somewhat of a victim along with being a compulsive liar, rather than being the perpetrator and a compulsive liar.
illiniobserver22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:38 PM   #38
cmore
Posts: 2,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlivetNaz View Post
SI and ESPN are a bit slow on the uptake. This story hasn't hit either one of their websites yet.
Perhaps they are finally trying to do some fact checking for this story.
cmore is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:40 PM   #39
OlivetNaz
OlivetNaz's Avatar
Location: East Central IL
Posts: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmore View Post
Perhaps they are finally trying to do some fact checking for this story.
Neither one would know a fact if it jumped up and bit their noses off.

__________________

"If life were logical, men would ride side-saddle."
OlivetNaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:43 PM   #40
mattcoldagelli
mattcoldagelli's Avatar
Location: Evanston, IL
Posts: 2,456
Good thing I had this fainting couch ready when ND tried to snow everyone over to make the football program look better. Never would have seen that coming.

__________________
Twitter Blog

mattcoldagelli is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:44 PM   #41
illiniobserver22
illiniobserver22's Avatar
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by illiniobserver22 View Post
Best case for Manti is that he really was tricked, and just made up all the stuff about talking to her, her flying out to visit him, meeting her at the Stanford game, etc. Then at least he's somewhat of a victim along with being a compulsive liar, rather than being the perpetrator and a compulsive liar.
Or, I suppose, that journalists trying to play up this story embellished facts, mis-quoted him and made assumptions about what he said, when he never actually saw or met her or talked to her on the phone.

But that seems pretty implausible.
illiniobserver22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:53 PM   #42
hermie1985
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by -josh- View Post
I call shenanigans, anybody who believes that statement from Notre Dame should also sit down with me about some beach front property i own in florida.
Mine is in Arizona. Don't get hurricanes that way.
hermie1985 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:54 PM   #43
stevo99
Posts: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcastan View Post
I am more angry about the role this played in D-Jax recruitment. I don't really give 2 you know what's about ND football or Te'o unless the Bears foolishly draft him.

I'm furious as it pertains to the last few days of DJax's recruitment.
stevo99 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:54 PM   #44
dansaint
Location: Middletown, IL
Posts: 890
he's already got his first endorsement deal....spokesman for Match.com

__________________
YOUR 2012 ILLINOIS LOYALTY FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!!!!!!
dansaint is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:55 PM   #45
-josh-
Banana no more
-josh-'s Avatar
Location: The paign born and raised
Posts: 4,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo99 View Post
I'm furious as it pertains to the last few days of DJax's recruitment.


He was inspired to go to Notre Dame by Manti Teo.

__________________
http://youtu.be/i37uttMA6Mc?t=31s
Looks like it's the University of Illinois!
-josh- is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:56 PM   #46
CUWPC
Posts: 251
Quote:
Boers and Bernstein are all over this on 670 right now...

http://betaplayer.radio.com/player/670-the-score
Wow, Boers and Bernstein are ripping into ND. They both said they absolutely hate ND. And nothing yet on ESPN. They seem to be a bit slow on this big news.

Last edited by Dan; Jan 16, 2013 at 05:54 PM.
CUWPC is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:56 PM   #47
cmore
Posts: 2,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by -josh- View Post
He was inspired to go to Notre Dame by Manti Teo.
He didn't say curious. Lol.
cmore is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:57 PM   #48
-josh-
Banana no more
-josh-'s Avatar
Location: The paign born and raised
Posts: 4,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmore View Post
He didn't say curious. Lol.


I misread his quote, oh well, i'm all jacked up on Monster Energy drinks right now, i'm ready to march up to South Bend and throw toilet paper all over that town.

__________________
http://youtu.be/i37uttMA6Mc?t=31s
Looks like it's the University of Illinois!
-josh- is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:00 PM   #49
jackman404
Posts: 2,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlivetNaz View Post
After reading the Deadspin piece...what a load of s***. No way Te'o isn't in on this somehow.
Absolutely. If Te'o wasn't in on this, he would have said something when the articles started coming out about him staying on the phone with her all night and meeting her after a Stanford game. Maybe he thought this would get him more publicity (which it did) and would lead to future endorsements. Instead, this will likely cost him every endorsement in his entire career. Good.


I know that ill-wishing players is usually extremely low, but I hope that Te'o is a complete flop in the NFL and is washed out of the league quickly.

__________________
Williams to tie it with a three......HE DOES!!!
jackman404 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:00 PM   #50
jackman404
Posts: 2,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by -josh- View Post
I misread his quote, oh well, i'm all jacked up on Monster Energy drinks right now, i'm ready to march up to South Bend and throw toilet paper all over that town.
Or spray paint a giant "HOAX" on that stupid golden dome.

__________________
Williams to tie it with a three......HE DOES!!!
jackman404 is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Football | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Forum Jump