Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Football

The Illinois Helmets & Uniforms Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:56 PM   #1
Juice
Pic of Jaylen Dunlap. I'm really liking the orange helmet with solid blue block I.

https://twitter.com/i/#!/Number1_DB_...Fs%2F278057516

Last edited by Dan; Jan 21, 2013 at 08:04 AM. Reason: embedded image into post
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:01 PM   #2
Jeffers_10
HAHUNA!!
Love the orange helmet. White helmet..eh. I'd rather see something else. A hydro-chrome version of the orange would be sweet.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:42 PM   #3
DrewD007
Yeah, I could never get used to an Illini football team wearing blue helmets. The orange would be great (although the block I looks too dark).
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:34 PM   #4
Juice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffers_10 View Post
Love the orange helmet. White helmet..eh. I'd rather see something else. A hydro-chrome version of the orange would be sweet.
I agree I do not like the white helmet AT ALL.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:02 PM   #5
Groundhogday
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewD007 View Post
Yeah, I could never get used to an Illini football team wearing blue helmets. The orange would be great (although the block I looks too dark).
If they do go with blue helmets, as an alternative look, then they need to lose the white outline around the orange block I.

Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:13 PM   #6
classof2016
An all white look with the while helmets to top it off would be great.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:38 PM   #7
AHSIllini32
Banned
I've loved those white helmets ever since Wil presented them a handful of months ago.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:16 PM   #8
illinifan4249
Think the white helmets look ok, I think its just the lighting that are making them look weird but the white one is definately my favorite of the 3.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:06 PM   #9
Illinigirl
I like all 3, and think any will be a nice change from the current helmets.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:33 PM   #10
Paignt It Orange
I love the white helmets. By far my favorite.

Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:18 PM   #11
Illini87InClt
The sooner the current helmets are retired, the better. Any of these three are better than the current helmet.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:52 PM   #12
orangeswarm76
I had an idea that has been haunting me for a while so i threw a very crude model together. Dont give me too much flack for it. Why can t we use IllinI to our advantage use first i on one side of helmet and wrap llin around the back of helmet to other side and end with last i on other side. Of course i cant get my picture to upload . Çolors could be played with just a thought.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:04 PM   #13
orangeswarm76
I also believe that someone could smoothly insert a capital i into the facemask design maybe a different color
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:38 PM   #14
PeoriaChief
I think the block I would look better on the back of the helmet like Oregon put the O on the back of a couple of their helmets. The I just looks out of place on the side of a helmet. Better than the underlined slanted Illinois, but not by much and that's not saying much anyways.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:57 PM   #15
Groundhogday
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoriaChief View Post
I think the block I would look better on the back of the helmet like Oregon put the O on the back of a couple of their helmets. The I just looks out of place on the side of a helmet. Better than the underlined slanted Illinois, but not by much and that's not saying much anyways.
Interesting idea. I think it might work, at least as an alternative. I agree that the block I doesn't really work as is. They need to do something to put it in motion or give it a curve (e.g. inside a circle). As it is, the very square block I looks out of place on a round helmet.

Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:15 AM   #16
Juice
I don't like how the white helmets are not the Revo/Revo Speed style.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:26 AM   #17
Illiniaaron
Banned
Why can't we have the stoic Native American with the large feather headdress on the helmet? I think that would be cool.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:52 AM   #18
Shief
Personally, still not a huge fan of the matte blue helmet with the orange I. I'm with Juice liking the Revo Speed helmet, it seems to be more and more popular. I really like the white with curve Illini that Willini made, I think that helmet he is wearing is a Schutt Air XP.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:03 AM   #19
OrchardDowns
LOVE the white helmet, but it needs an orange face mask, as does the blue helmet. Other than that? SWEET!!!!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:50 AM   #20
Jeffers_10
HAHUNA!!
The white helmet seen above is a Xenith. I hate that style of helmet. They're awful.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:52 AM   #21
Sybok
Love the white helmet! The orange one is OK, too.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:02 AM   #22
mattcoldagelli
I like the white one a lot. Agree with GHD that the blue one would benefit from losing the white outline around the "I".

I think the orange one could look really bad or really good depending on the uniform combo. Over-oranging looks bad in football, IMO.

Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:30 AM   #23
TyinLex
Terrible, very amateur at best. Kinda like the product on the field.

Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:45 AM   #24
illynifan34
That's a winner!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyinLex View Post
Terrible, very amateur at best. Kinda like the product on the field.
Well the product on the field is supposed to be amateur, otherwise we have some major sanctions headed our way.

The helmets, I like, but I could swing towards dislike or love depending on the uniforms they are paired with. Hopefully we get some new uniforms for this year, I'm not recalling the timeline that was discussed in the last 9 months.

In Mike I Trust

Aggressive

Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:56 AM   #25
illini1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoriaChief View Post
The block I might also look good on the front of the helmet, especially if they came up with a new I that resembled a feather.
Closed Thread

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Football | Next Thread »