Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > General Sports Talk

Some restored faith in LeBron James

Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:35 AM   #1
SummerofGeorge
I have to admit that the whole LeBron going to Miami debacle left a very sour taste in my mouth. I have had a negative perception of the guy ever since... until now. After seeing his reaction to a fan winning $75,000 for sinking a half court shot my perception is changing. What a genuine demonstration! The NBA could use a whole lot more of that and far less of the type of drama that surrounded his signing with Miami.
SummerofGeorge is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:46 AM   #2
illinicb
Let's see if I can post the link. Long time poster, first time YouTube linker.

Last edited by illinicb; Jan 26, 2013 at 07:52 AM.
illinicb is online now Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:20 AM   #3
DrewD007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerofGeorge View Post
I have to admit that the whole LeBron going to Miami debacle left a very sour taste in my mouth. I have had a negative perception of the guy ever since... until now. After seeing his reaction to a fan winning $75,000 for sinking a half court shot my perception is changing. What a genuine demonstration! The NBA could use a whole lot more of that and far less of the type of drama that surrounded his signing with Miami.
I can understand the "sour taste" during his first season in Miami, but last year he just shut up and played one of the best years of basketball ever.
DrewD007 is online now Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:24 AM   #4
Wokker
That was pretty darn cool.
Wokker is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:55 AM   #5
SummerofGeorge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokker View Post
That was pretty darn cool.
Even more cool given he left the team huddle between 3rd and 4th quarter to do this on top of the fact that the money came from his Foundation.

Thanks illinicb for posting the video!
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:16 AM   #6
SteakSandwich
Yeah i don't think i really let Lebron of the hook for the Decision (which i watched Live like a idiot) until this past Summer Olympics. Now i don't root for him or against him. Now i've become a Dwyane "Cheap Shot" Wade hater. This guy has lost a step, is a poor shooter, and just rides Lebron's coattails!
SteakSandwich is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:30 PM   #7
zoggle101
I agree, but I still have some issues.

Lebron has the ability to average a triple double, and if he took it seriously he would. He I too laid back, doesn't mind missing games, and jokes around a lot during games. Jordan did none of that. If LBJ played with the fire KD did I'd absolutely love him.

Watch out for KD with another couple years of strength training. Bron bron might have some serious competition for who is the best pro player. Until the strength is gained by KD it's all Lebron.

All pro players including Lebron need to discard the fadeaway. No one has or will do it like Mike. The man was a master it. Kobe wasn't even close but the closest I've seen.

What fond memories of MJ catching the ball with his back to the basket 18 ft from the rim, palming the ball away from the defender while he used his body to feel the player guarding him, bring the ball back in, do a couple shoulder fakes to either side, and hit the fadeaway or fake you out of your shoes with the sholder jerks and pump fakes only to drive past the defender with ease to finish how, where ever on the court he wanted.

You younger guys missed out on watching the best player ever.

Last edited by zoggle101; Jan 26, 2013 at 08:34 PM.
zoggle101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:03 PM   #8
SummerofGeorge
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoggle101 View Post
I agree, but I still have some issues.

Lebron has the ability to average a triple double, and if he took it seriously he would. He I too laid back, doesn't mind missing games, and jokes around a lot during games. Jordan did none of that. If LBJ played with the fire KD did I'd absolutely love him.

Watch out for KD with another couple years of strength training. Bron bron might have some serious competition for who is the best pro player. Until the strength is gained by KD it's all Lebron.

All pro players including Lebron need to discard the fadeaway. No one has or will do it like Mike. The man was a master it. Kobe wasn't even close but the closest I've seen.

What fond memories of MJ catching the ball with his back to the basket 18 ft from the rim, palming the ball away from the defender while he used his body to feel the player guarding him, bring the ball back in, do a couple shoulder fakes to either side, and hit the fadeaway or fake you out of your shoes with the sholder jerks and pump fakes only to drive past the defender with ease to finish how, where ever on the court he wanted.

You younger guys missed out on watching the best player ever.
Could not agree more! Have not really watched the NBA since.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:45 PM   #9
IlliniSteve
What a great shot by that guy. Love how the Detroit bench goes insane when it goes in. Awesome.
IlliniSteve is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:01 AM   #10
Illini87InClt
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinicb View Post
Let's see if I can post the link. Long time poster, first time YouTube linker.
Thanks for posting. This is a nice display of genuine emotion from LeBron (and a reaction from the visiting Detroit players in the background).
Illini87InClt is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | General Sports Chat | Next Thread »