Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Football

News & Notes (non-Signing Day) - February 6th

Old Feb 6, 2013, 02:08 PM   #1
Dan
Admin
Roundup of non-Signing Day news.

News from the Tim Beckman press conference-

RT @WernerESPNCU Beckman: Corey Lewis' eligibility still under review. Doesn't think it'll be a problem.

RT @mdaniels_NG Steve Hull will be playing WR next season for Illinois

RT @JohnSupinie Friday practices will be open to media and public. No scrimmages but practice.

RT @mdaniels_NG Robbie Bain from Bolingbrook has switched to defensive side of ball

News from Kent Bown via the FightingIllini.com Signing Day Live Blog-

"The blue helmet was added as an option this last year, and I think you may see it again in 2013. The players really like it."

"We are just beginning a major branding initiative with Nike that will likely be unveiled in the spring of 2014, so there won't likely be any major uniform changes in 2013."

"We'll be taking a look at many different uniform options as we move forward with the re-branding initiative with Nike. Most will likely be unveiled in spring 2014."

"The rebrand will be department-wide so it will encompass all Illini sports."

"Season tickets in the Horseshoe will be $99 again."

"No plans to drop the fireworks at Memorial Stadium."

"We expect it to be granted, though." (Corey Lewis 6th year.)

"Learfield Communications is now the rights holder for the Illini Sports Radio Network and will be looking at the Chicago radio situation this spring. The UI contract with WIND is currently set to expire this summer."

"I've spoken with Gene Honda about PA duties for next year and he is excited to come back for as many games as possible. He's planning to do the game at Soldier Field and most of the games at Memorial Stadium. We're still waiting on the 2013-14 NHL schedule that will be announced during the summer for any final conflicts. I think he'll end up doing at least 6 of the 8 games."
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 02:21 PM   #2
chiefini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Roundup of non-Signing Day news.

"Learfield Communications is now the rights holder for the Illini Sports Radio Network and will be looking at the Chicago radio situation this spring. The UI contract with WIND is currently set to expire this summer."
This is wonderful news. Please get the Illini on a prominent station that will help us in recruiting, fundraising, and just reaching more fans for both football and basketball.

‎"There is an uncommon spirit known only by those who call themselves Illini...It is a dignified spirit portrayed by the Chief. It is a spirit of orange and blue blood and of the young and the old. Once it enters your veins, you will never be the same again." Illini Spirit William Branom, '54 (1932-2012)
chiefini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 02:27 PM   #3
Kramer116
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefini View Post
This is wonderful news. Please get the Illini on a prominent station that will help us in recruiting, fundraising, and just reaching more fans for both football and basketball.

Thank god, that needs to be fixed ASAP.

"I do want to address something. I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in it's place. I'm going to tell you what place it's in. It's in a great place. That's what place it's in.... So if anyone wants to know what place Illinois college hoops is in right now, it's in a great place. Not a good place. A great place" - JFG
Kramer116 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 03:56 PM   #4
DAD4ILLINI
Chicago Radio

It has been my pet peeve since living in Chicago '83 to '92, before ESPN, BTN, and all the TV games. They were'nt on TV, and one couldn't get many football or most basketball games on the radio right in the middle of Chicago, ILLINOIS! (But Notre Dame was always on.)
DAD4ILLINI is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Football | Next Thread »