Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > General Sports Talk

B1G golf match play championship

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Feb 9, 2013, 01:19 PM   #1
WesterveltVictoryCigar
Location: People's Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 7,573
Illini looking good to finally win this, seems like they get upset every year, not this time.

Live scoring

Also, Guthrie playing well at the AT&T ProAm, Langley had a great first round, rough day yesterday but is bouncing back today.
WesterveltVictoryCigar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 02:28 PM   #2
JSpence
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesterveltVictoryCigar View Post
Illini looking good to finally win this, seems like they get upset every year, not this time.

Live scoring

Also, Guthrie playing well at the AT&T ProAm, Langley had a great first round, rough day yesterday but is bouncing back today.
Yup, looking pretty good. Thanks for the reminder that this is today (and not tomorrow)!
JSpence is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 02:40 PM   #3
illinoisportsfan
Posts: 607
It's all over. They won!

They have two wins and are assured of at least a half in two of the three remaining matches. The best MSU can do is two points.
illinoisportsfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 02:43 PM   #4
JSpence
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisportsfan View Post
It's all over. They won!

They have two wins and are assured of at least a half in two of the three remaining matches. The best MSU can do is two points.
Boom.

Campbell just got updated to Dormie 3 but will probably win, too. Looks like this will end in a crushing victory!

Also: Detry's photo is great.
JSpence is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 02:44 PM   #5
illinoisportsfan
Posts: 607
They got that monkey off their back in a big way. I have never seen such complete domination in a match play event. They went 4-0-1, 5-0-0, and 5-0-0, never losing a match and only tying in one.

And, btw, Scott Langley is -5 today at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am and Luke Guthrie is -4. They are both moving up the leader board and in strong position to make the cut with only one round to play tomorrow.

Overall, a VERY strong showing for the Illinois Golf program today.
illinoisportsfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 02:48 PM   #6
WesterveltVictoryCigar
Location: People's Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 7,573
Very impressive and bodes well if they are able to get to the match play portion of the NCAA championships. Also impressive that they played 6 guys, including 3 freshman and a soph.
WesterveltVictoryCigar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 02:49 PM   #7
JSpence
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 1,791
Detry wins 4 & 3!

We're waiting on Campbell to walk to the table, I bet.
JSpence is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 02:59 PM   #8
JSpence
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesterveltVictoryCigar View Post
Very impressive and bodes well if they are able to get to the match play portion of the NCAA championships. Also impressive that they played 6 guys, including 3 freshman and a soph.
Yup, and Mason Jacobs had a win, and wasn't the tie.

... ... ...

Campbell wins 3 & 2. 5-0.
JSpence is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 05:31 PM   #9
illinoisportsfan
Posts: 607
According to the Michigan State website, they will broadcast this event on tape delay (of course) on the Big Ten Network Sunday, March 10 at 10:30 a.m. ET.
illinoisportsfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:31 PM   #10
carmelillini
carmelillini's Avatar
Location: Hamilton Co.
Posts: 2,706
Mike Small and his new squad are off to a great start in '13.
carmelillini is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | General Sports Chat | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Forum Jump