Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:51 AM   #2
cjcastan
9-9 would be manna from heaven.

Let's save some magic for the Tourney

Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:57 AM   #3
troyk
Banned
7-11 should be the bottom of the expectation spectrum at this point.

8-10 or 9-9 look most likely. 10-8 is pushing it and 11-7 is....not happening.
troyk is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:57 AM   #4
Botb9
Realist
It's not just 9-9 which will be helpful. Right now one of the things hurting our standing is that we're 4-6 in our last 10 games. Keep this winning streak going and that changes.

Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:58 AM   #5
AK Illini
UofI Basketball..off the chain
I think we're over the hill. We beat our three cupcakes and stand a shot to steal one of the 3 tough road games.
AK Illini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:01 AM   #6
troyk
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botb9 View Post
It's not just 9-9 which will be helpful. Right now one of the things hurting our standing is that we're 4-6 in our last 10 games. Keep this winning streak going and that changes.
We're 4-6 after going through arguably the roughest patch of games that any team has played this season.
troyk is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:06 AM   #7
Kramer116
I am going with 9-9. Still going to be tough.

We have only 2 more home games, and 4 more road games. It is always tough to win on the road in the B1G. We have to win at Northwestern.

"I do want to address something. I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in it's place. I'm going to tell you what place it's in. It's in a great place. That's what place it's in.... So if anyone wants to know what place Illinois college hoops is in right now, it's in a great place. Not a good place. A great place" - JFG
Kramer116 is online now Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:06 AM   #8
Botb9
Realist
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyk View Post
We're 4-6 after going through arguably the roughest patch of games that any team has played this season.
Yes, and maybe the committee would take that into consideration if those had been the last 10 games of the season, but then again maybe they would say we aren't good enough by looking at that record. I'm not sure what their logic would be.

I did find it interesting that, during the Andy Katz podcast in which he had either the committee chair or a higher-ranking official from the committee, they referenced Illinois specifically and how they had so many good wins. The guy more or less said they'd be taking a hard look at Illinois and that winning against IU would be a great start. Now here they've gone on to win at Minny and exorcised their Boiler demons.

Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:07 AM   #9
WesterveltVictoryCigar
Quote:
Right now one of the things hurting our standing is that we're 4-6 in our last 10 games.
Last 10 games is no longer used by the committee, conference schedules aren't something teams can control so it's not fair to use that as a criteria.
WesterveltVictoryCigar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:07 AM   #10
Botb9
Realist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer116 View Post
I am going with 9-9. Still going to be tough.

We have only 2 more home games, and 4 more road games. It is always tough to win on the road in the B1G. We have to win at Northwestern.
Nevermind.

Last edited by Botb9; Feb 14, 2013 at 08:07 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot that can't add.
Botb9 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:08 AM   #11
Botb9
Realist
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesterveltVictoryCigar View Post
Last 10 games is no longer used by the committee, conference schedules aren't something teams can control so it's not fair to use that as a criteria.
Really? Then I would think that as of today we're squarely in.

Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:09 AM   #12
Kramer116
Quote:
Nevermind.
Honestly, do not think either as of now. I can change my mind after the next few games.

We can get to 9-9 without beating UM or OSU.

I would pick OSU as the one we can beat at their place. We just match up really well with them.

Again, we could really beat either if we shoot the 3 ball well.

"I do want to address something. I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in it's place. I'm going to tell you what place it's in. It's in a great place. That's what place it's in.... So if anyone wants to know what place Illinois college hoops is in right now, it's in a great place. Not a good place. A great place" - JFG
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:10 AM   #13
Kramer116
Quote:
Really? Then I would think that as of today we're squarely in.
Unless we absolutely tank, I think we are for sure in without a doubt now.

Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:18 AM   #14
Indicchief
4.5 - 1.5, with tOSU being 0.5.

So, worst case 4-2, better 5-1, best 6-0.

And we will go to S16 at least in the Dance.

Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:21 AM   #15
Botb9
Realist
6-0 would be absolutely insane.

Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:22 AM   #16
RecLeagueHero
Townie
4-2 most likely or 3-3 at worst. Need to get the game at Iowa to get to 9-9. Otherwise, win the three we should win and get to 8-10. Probably somewhere around an 8/9 seed in the tourney. Get to 9-9 and the seed probably bumps to a 6/7.
RecLeagueHero is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:24 AM   #17
blmillini
Too up and down to predict but with this new found defense I think we can get 4.
blmillini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:24 AM   #18
FoulonIllini36
When the season started, I was hoping for 9-10 wins. After our hot start, I raised the bar to 12 wins. After losing to Wisky at home, I wanted 7 wins. Now, I'm right back to 9 wins. Someone get me off this damn roller coaster!

I think we avenge the loss to Northwestern, beat Nebraska & Penn St., and pull one out agains Iowa or OSU. If we get to 9-9, how we finish in the B1G tourney will determine a 4-6 seed. Win the tourney and we're a 4. Get to the finals or semi's, probably a 5. Anything less and we are a 6, with a 7 if we lose our first game to a bad team.

I foresee a second round matchup against KSU in our future if we get a 5 seed.
FoulonIllini36 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:33 AM   #19
BZuppke
We win 4 of the next 6. We win the ones we're suppose to and beat either scUM or tOSU on the road.
BZuppke is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:35 AM   #20
radiodj
As of right now I say 3-3. Which would more than likelt put the Illini on the dancing floor.
radiodj is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:39 AM   #21
Dan
Admin
The remaining schedule highlights how big the Northwestern game is. Even with the epic turnaround, still need to win at least one road game to get to the tourney-approved 8-10. Would love to get the 8th win on Senior Night vs Neb (and not be dependent upon a win @ Iowa or @ tOSU)
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:41 AM   #22
illini ri0t
At the level we've been playing as of late, i wouldn't be surprised if we end up winning one of the two big road games (@UM/@OSU). We've proven to win big games on the road in the past, plus UM and OSU haven't been playing their best ball as of late. Best case, i say we are capable of a 10-8 finish. The worst we could finish 8-10. @Iowa is such an interesting match up. Two teams that like to run, these guys could give us fits.

Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:42 AM   #23
cali illini
I would have to say 8-10, and we go dancing!
cali illini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:42 AM   #24
Rich
JFG Fan Club
Quote:
!!!!it, I'm going with 6-0 as well.

Realistic side of me says 5-1 or 4-2, but I'm going to drink the koolaid.
Rich is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:42 AM   #25
anonymousalcoholic
Banned
Quote:
i know transitive property is bs and all that, but i think this turnaround really started at msu, where umich got the ever-loving sheet beat outta them.

ill hung tough over there. obviously other factors, just different day, more intense rivalry, but i think we may steal one of tosu and umich.

unless we lose at iowa, then i don't know what to think (to say nothing of an L at nwu. . .)
anonymousalcoholic is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »