Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

The new Illini warm-ups

Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:40 PM   #1
illinoisfan11
Tonight is the first time I've noticed the white warm-up jackets the guys on the bench were wearing. I can't even find a picture of them to link to, but I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find them to buy. Any help would be appreciated!
illinoisfan11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:43 PM   #2
UIUC2008
Banned
I noticed them during the Purdue game. I think they look great. I'd be interested in buying one as well.
UIUC2008 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:47 PM   #3
Dan
Admin
Illinois broke out those new warm-ups last Wednesday vs Purdue.
Quote:
#Illini sporting new warm-up tops for tonight's game. #swag http://pic.twitter.com/rMiTbnMI

http://twitter.com/IlliniHoops
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:47 PM   #4
peace davids
I'm sure they will be available through Gameday Spirit soon. Most new Nike products don't last two long before they are for sale at Nike retail outlets.

I would like them more if they said Fighting Illini instead of Illinois Illini though.

Can't wait to see the rebrand and merchandise that follows. I hope it isn't a letdown.
peace davids is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:50 PM   #5
hooraybeer
its little things like this that i think make make a BIG difference to high school kids.

i love seeing Nike put ANY effort into creating decent stuff for us.

Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:50 PM   #6
illinoisfan11
Thanks for the picture Dan!

If anyone finds them available for sale anywhere, please post the link!
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:51 PM   #7
AzIlliniFan
Drop the basketball logo/Illini down a notch and put Fighting between it and Illinois and they'd be perfect!
AzIlliniFan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:52 PM   #8
Robert68
Fathers Day gift??

If they are released for sale, I know what I'm asking for for Father's Day in a few months.
Robert68 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:53 PM   #9
illinoisfan11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzIlliniFan View Post
Drop the basketball logo and Illini down a notch and put Fighting between it and Illinois and they'd be perfect!
Agreed. I do wish they said Fighting Illini, but they're still awesome.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:03 PM   #10
aluma
Unfortunately for ya'll they are already sold out. I bought mine earlier this week after I saw Groce wearing it in an interview. One of my favorite Illini gear purchases I've made in a while. IF they get more in stock, they have them at GameDay Spirit and online at Fightingillini.com in their store section .
aluma is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:05 PM   #11
illinoisfan11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluma View Post
Unfortunately for ya'll they are already sold out. I bought mine earlier this week after I saw Groce wearing it in an interview. One of my favorite Illini gear purchases I've made in a while. IF they get more in stock, they have them at GameDay Spirit and online at Fightingillini.com in their store section .
I've checked both places and don't see them. Guess the rest of us will just have to wait for them to re-stock. Thanks for the info.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:07 PM   #12
IlliniFan1988
Banned
As long as we don't pair these sweet warm-ups with those hideous glorified practice unis. I REALLY like these warm-ups.
IlliniFan1988 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:15 PM   #13
AzIlliniFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluma View Post
Well geee, thanks for letting us all know! Kidding, glad you got one. We'll have to keep an eye out for those. Curious, what were they selling for?
AzIlliniFan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:36 PM   #14
Eric88
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzIlliniFan View Post
Well geee, thanks for letting us all know! Kidding, glad you got one. We'll have to keep an eye out for those. Curious, what were they selling for?
I saw them for $75 after the Purdue game, on the fighting illini store.
Eric88 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:41 PM   #15
aluma
They were $75 but GameDay has a deal that if you bring in an old ticket stub they take 25% off. It ended up being $61 with tax I think
aluma is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:46 PM   #16
HsvIllini
They look great, but the thing I dislike is they are taking orange more and more out of the picture - everything is becoming predominantly blue or white. With Mike Thomas wanting to dye the Chicago river orange for marketing purposes this makes zero sense. Maybe the whole rebranding will be a major difference, but I just don't get it right now
HsvIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:57 PM   #17
Holdemall
Pretty suggestive of the Nets logo. In re: "Fighting", think it may have been too long to look decent on the back of those warmups. Seems like they used the leaning Illinois, which I don't like-clean block sans-serif for me, please.
Holdemall is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:48 AM   #18
IlliniSteve
Those are sick. I think I'll have to pick one up.
IlliniSteve is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:11 AM   #19
lstewart53x3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvIllini View Post
They look great, but the thing I dislike is they are taking orange more and more out of the picture - everything is becoming predominantly blue or white. With Mike Thomas wanting to dye the Chicago river orange for marketing purposes this makes zero sense. Maybe the whole rebranding will be a major difference, but I just don't get it right now
Who cares? The school colors are: blue, orange, and white. The warm up colors are: blue, orange, and white.

I'm sorry, but I don't think the color of our warm up jersey is going to hurt our "brand" lol.
lstewart53x3 is online now Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:49 AM   #20
Foo G
PWIQARTIAUHIDVITS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdemall View Post
Pretty suggestive of the Nets logo. In re: "Fighting", think it may have been too long to look decent on the back of those warmups. Seems like they used the leaning Illinois, which I don't like-clean block sans-serif for me, please.
Do any uniforms or official game wear still say "Fighting" Illini?
Or is that too "aggressive" or "hostile"? :rolleyes:

"I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in its place. I'm gonna tell you what place it's in; it's in a great place. That's what place it's in." - Chief John Groce
Foo G is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:50 AM   #21
SIUC
Banned
Why dont we ever wear our ORANGE JESERYS anymore? The are much better than the dark blue away jerseys
SIUC is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:09 AM   #22
zpfled
Hopefully we'll wear them at Michigan. Yellow and Orange on the court looks good.
zpfled is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:35 AM   #23
BrooksTaylorFan
Banned
I like them, bit I don't get the hood. Does it get windy in AH? :laugh:
BrooksTaylorFan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:37 AM   #24
illynifan34
That's a winner!!
Maybe this doesn't fit here, but one thing I'd really like to buy is a TNT bracelet.

In Mike I Trust

Aggressive

illynifan34 is online now Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:23 AM   #25
IlliniKat91
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIUC View Post
Why dont we ever wear our ORANGE JESERYS anymore? The are much better than the dark blue away jerseys
Because we prefer those for our home jerseys, when everyone else in the Hall is in orange, too. You haven't noticed that we only really wear white at home when we're playing a team that wears red on the road?

Last year, when Wisconsin was visiting, we wore orange while they wore red. It was absolute hell to tell which side was which watching from home. I'm sure the BTN and Delaney pointed it out and asked teams to make sure that didn't happen again. (And I'm sure we weren't the only team that happened to last year.)

That's why the orange jerseys aren't out as often. Take a deep breath there, champ.
IlliniKat91 is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »