Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July-August 2013)

Closed Thread

Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:14 PM   #3126
SummerofGeorge
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanK View Post
Time to speculate.

Groce watching Tyus Jones tonight.

Edit. Don't think it's Groce. Probably Parham.
Hmmm, who else is on that squad and who are they playing? Doesn't make much sense to send Parham but then what do I know?!
Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:15 PM   #3127
IlliniTilDeath
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerofGeorge View Post
Hmmm, who else is on that squad and who are they playing? Doesn't make much sense to send Parham but then what do I know?!

Watched Tyrus on ESPN the other day....dude can straight up ball. Maybe working some magic??

Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:39 PM   #3128
BlockI
Banned
How many schools on their lists could take all 3? Jones, Okafor and Cliff.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:34 PM   #3129
RyanK
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerofGeorge View Post

As gO posted a while back, Parham has a newphew who plays on the same HS team as Jones.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 08:17 AM   #3130
MikeThomas4Prez
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasIllinifan View Post
I live about 30 min. from Lawrence.This whole area is all about KU basketball(of course)but no matter who I ask,not 1 single person can tell me who Cliff Alexander is.Guess what I'm getting at is here he will be just another big name basketball player where as at Illinois he would be an icon.Kind of like the Pujol's leaving St.Louis thing,was an icon there now he's just another ball player.
If you asked around Champaign I would guarantee it would be the same way. Most people do not follow recruiting like the people on these boards.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 09:10 AM   #3131
bohnjenson
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeThomas4Prez View Post
If you asked around Champaign I would guarantee it would be the same way. Most people do not follow recruiting like the people on these boards.
Very True
Old Jul 27, 2013, 09:51 AM   #3132
Thor015
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanK View Post
As gO posted a while back, Parham has a newphew who plays on the same HS team as Jones.
And back down to reality. That high didnt last long
Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:13 AM   #3133
cjcastan
Damonte Williams (Frankie Jr) update

Quote:
Incoming Manual freshman Da’Monte Williams just achieved the kind of acclaim at a young age that his famous basketball-playing dad, Frank, never did. Not to mention any other Rams player in the school’s glorious hoops history.

The younger Williams has been invited to attend the camp of NBA point guard Chris Paul next month. Williams is one of just 100 American underclassmen to receive an invitation.

The camp, the CP3 Rising Stars will be held Aug. 10-11 in Winston-Salem, N.C.

“It’s something Da’Monte’s very honored to be invited to,” said Manual coach Derrick Booth. “As Manual’s head coach, I’m honored, too. Manual’s had some very good players over the years. But nobody — not Frank, not Sergio McClain, not Howard Nathan — received this type of national attention this young.”

Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:29 AM   #3134
217sports
Rex Pflueger (2015, From California) with a monster dunk over one of the nations top players-- http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recrui...g-dunk-1117149

Did I mention that player is Carlton Bragg? Wow.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:55 AM   #3135
troyk
Banned
I have a personal dislike for watching an ad that is longer than the video clip to see the video.

That said, it wasn't that impressive and Bragg was barely defending.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:10 AM   #3136
Indicchief
Banned
Groce's "swing for the fence" seems to me that he wants a one-n-done from high school (would Black fit that?). Alternatively he would take a good 5th year transfer. Either one would bank the scholie for the 2015 class.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:21 AM   #3137
JFGsCoffeeMug
"Special Assistant"
On the Recruiting Trail - Episode 4: http://jitterymonkey.com/podcast/otrt/

Talking about Cliff Alexander at 11:48.
Scott Burgess interview with Cliff at 15:15.

Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:26 AM   #3138
JFGsCoffeeMug
"Special Assistant"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indicchief View Post
Groce's "swing for the fence" seems to me that he wants a one-n-done from high school (would Black fit that?). Alternatively he would take a good 5th year transfer. Either one would bank the scholie for the 2015 class.
If a guy like Leron Black wants to stay for more than one year, it would be crazy to hold that against him. Landing him is a home run in and of itself, after which you are free to keep on swinging with the '15 class.

Last edited by JFGsCoffeeMug; Jul 27, 2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 12:09 PM   #3139
DG1985
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcastan View Post
Wow, really hard to believe that as good as Frank was that he wasn't invited to the CP3 camp when he was in high school.

In other news, Ty Cobb never won the Hank Aaron award for best hitter in baseball.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 12:14 PM   #3140
mikpence
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeThomas4Prez View Post
I live in Gardner, Kansas several of my friends are Jayhawk fans. They most certainly know who Cliff Alexander is.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 12:17 PM   #3141
illini ri0t
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG1985 View Post
Wow, really hard to believe that as good as Frank was that he wasn't invited to the CP3 camp when he was in high school.

In other news, Ty Cobb never won the Hank Aaron award for best hitter in baseball.
I agree, considering Frank had a time machine; and a nice cache of plutonium. Oh well, time travel's not for everyone.

Last edited by illini ri0t; Jul 27, 2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: :p
Old Jul 27, 2013, 12:19 PM   #3142
TCTORNADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyk View Post
I have a personal dislike for watching an ad that is longer than the video clip to see the video.

That said, it wasn't that impressive and Bragg was barely defending.
That has been one of the knocks on Bragg--lack of consistency on the defensive end.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 12:23 PM   #3143
illini ri0t
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217sports View Post
Rex Pflueger (2015, From California) with a monster dunk over one of the nations top players-- http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recrui...g-dunk-1117149

Did I mention that player is Carlton Bragg? Wow.
He turned over the ball, and didn't even try on the defensive side?? That made me sick to watch.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 01:05 PM   #3144
217sports
Quote:
@ASlater247: Ohio St., Illinois, Nebraska, & NC St. are among those that made it to 6'9" Carlton Bragg's game #adidas64
Old Jul 27, 2013, 01:10 PM   #3145
217sports
Quote:
@ebosshoops: Four-star guard Sandy Cohen is off the board. He just informed me that he has committed to #Marquette
Old Jul 27, 2013, 01:29 PM   #3146
ChiTownJH
Quote:
@ebosshoops: Four-star guard Sandy Cohen is off the board. He just informed me that he has committed to #Marquette
Pretty good two man class so far, for Marquette. First, Orland Park's Malek Harris and now Sandy Cohen.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 01:57 PM   #3147
sweetolives
We got our first crystal ball pick for Leron Black on 247sports.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 02:24 PM   #3148
JFGsCoffeeMug
"Special Assistant"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetolives View Post
We got our first crystal ball pick for Leron Black on 247sports.

Puts a smile on my face.

Old Jul 27, 2013, 03:07 PM   #3149
IL2000
Banned
Old Jul 27, 2013, 03:34 PM   #3150
DG1985
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by illini ri0t View Post
He turned over the ball, and didn't even try on the defensive side?? That made me sick to watch.
Yes he had a turnover. They happen. He tried on defense. In fact, it looks like he almost got the ball on the elevation.

Hope you spend at least one year being sick watching him in the O & B.
Closed Thread

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »