2018 St. Louis Cardinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangeroses07

Centralia, IL
2 games that they frankly didn't play well. Hope they come to play this weekend against the north siders.

the national

the Front Range
2 games that they frankly didn't play well. Hope they come to play this weekend against the north siders.

I actually thought the pitching was pretty good for those two games. That’s easy to forget when the bats aren’t connecting. But they are wins. I’ll take um especially when the cubs and pirates both lose.

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
So, the Cards just need to play teams with laundry in their names? White Sox, Red Stockings (ok, old school), 9-0.

This weekend's pitching match-ups:

Friday: Quintana (3-1, 5,74) vs. Mikolas (3-0, 3.27)
Saturday: Chatwood (2-3, 2.83) vs. Weaver (2-2, 5.17)
Sunday: Lester (2-1, 2.73) vs. Wacha (4-1, 3.62)

the national

the Front Range
Weaver will need to buckle down in his start on Sat. He has let his last two get away from him. He’s a pretty good talent, just needs to keep his emotions calm when he faces adversity. AND if he can’t, Matheny needs to pull him and not leave him out there too long. It seems like he always leaves him in for one too many batters.

if he can’t, Matheny needs to pull him and not leave him out there too long. It seems like he always leaves him in for one too many batters.

It's not just Weaver. I've lost count of the number of games we have lost under Matheny because he keeps a pitcher in for one too many batters.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
Don’t look now but, we a late inning defensive substitution. Martinez out, Carpenter to 1st, Wong to 2nd. And while we are still leading.

Injury bug has it the Cardinals pretty hard the last 24 hours. First Leone last night and Pham early in today's game and now Norris just had to get pulled because of an injury.

the national

the Front Range
Well, that was fun! I never expected Wong to knock that ball out. Admittedly, I told my wife, I’m just happy we came back in this one with everything we had to overcome...but I don’t think we’ll win this. Glad I was wrong! That relay in slow-mo of Yadi getting hit was painful!

I hope Yadi is ok and there are no long-term effects, but this could be a blessing in disguise. Gives Yadi some rest which will hopefully help him feel fresh late in the season, and gives Carson Kelly the starting roll for a month.

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
I hope Yadi is ok and there are no long-term effects, but this could be a blessing in disguise. Gives Yadi some rest which will hopefully help him feel fresh late in the season, and gives Carson Kelly the starting roll for a month.

Hopefully, Yadi has a full recovery, and you are right. It gives him some rest, so that he'll only catch 110 - 115 games. Plus, it is good to see what we have in Kelly.

IlliniFan85

Colorado Springs, CO
I really hate Matheny. Promote Kelly, your highly rated catching prospect, to sit him on the bench. Its not like Pena is projected to be a starter. He was a depth option in Spring Training and that's all he should have been.

I really hate Matheny. Promote Kelly, your highly rated catching prospect, to sit him on the bench. Its not like Pena is projected to be a starter. He was a depth option in Spring Training and that's all he should have been.

Matheny stated that he started Pena because he had prepared for the Cubs lineup but Kelly had not. I may be the biggest Matheny hater, but that is a legit reason to sit Kelly. I suspect Kelly will be the primary starter going forward while Yadi is out.

Matheny stated that he started Pena because he had prepared for the Cubs lineup but Kelly had not. I may be the biggest Matheny hater, but that is a legit reason to sit Kelly. I suspect Kelly will be the primary starter going forward while Yadi is out.

Yea it's been confirmed through several people that Kelly is going to be the primary starter. Which, obviously he would be, Matheny is dumb but not dumb enough to sit the teams top prospect while starting Pena.

Norris and Leone being hurt kinda sucks. Leone was eventually going to be the closer once Norris remembered he sucked

Yea it's been confirmed through several people that Kelly is going to be the primary starter. Which, obviously he would be, Matheny is dumb but not dumb enough to sit the teams top prospect while starting Pena.

Norris and Leone being hurt kinda sucks. Leone was eventually going to be the closer once Norris remembered he sucked

Norris will be fine I think, and sounds like he won’t miss much time.

Future Walk-On

Peoria, IL
That was fun, I couldn't stay up though. I only DVR'ed like 4 hours over so my recording cut off in the top of 13th...:eek:

Kinda fun to see that Cubs thread meltdowns over there.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
I was watching it but, couldn’t tell what they were calling him for. I didn’t see a balk there.

the national

the Front Range
I must have stepped out of the room when they called it (I was annoyed we kept giving up the bad pitch, for SD homers). On second thought, I can’t imagine how SD fans must have felt in the 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.