Chicago Bears 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve complained for a couple years that I couldn’t see what direction Pace wanted to take the Bears. I’m starting to see it. They’re a legitimate threat at wide out away from being a decent offense. They’re a decent defense when they’re not missing three of their starting linebackers. They’re not a good team yet, but I can see the path forward.

SPECIAL TEAMS!!! Almost cost them that game and turned what should have been an easy win into a on overtime nail biter. The kick return was a bit of a fluke, but that punt return was on the punter.

That Kyle Fuller was the Kyle Fuller the Bears thought they were getting when they drafted him. If he wants to play Pro Bowl caliber defense, I’m completely fine with that.

I’ve complained for a couple years that I couldn’t see what direction Pace wanted to take the Bears. I’m starting to see it. They’re a legitimate threat at wide out away from being a decent offense. They’re a decent defense when they’re not missing three of their starting linebackers. They’re not a good team yet, but I can see the path forward.

SPECIAL TEAMS!!! Almost cost them that game and turned what should have been an easy win into a on overtime nail biter. The kick return was a bit of a fluke, but that punt return was on the punter.

That Kyle Fuller was the Kyle Fuller the Bears thought they were getting when they drafted him. If he wants to play Pro Bowl caliber defense, I’m completely fine with that.

Further reinforces how good of a WR Cam Meredith is and how big of a loss he was for this team. With him back, these other Wr's can fit into number 2 and 3 spots where they should be. Changes everything.

Our defense is really good.

Biggest thing that hurt the Bears special teams today was Sherrick McManis, their special teams ace and captain of that part of the team, got hurt during today's game and you could tell that the special teamers had a lot of issues being where they needed to be after he went out.

Just got done watching on dvr. Kyle Fuller balled out today. We might win the afc North this year guys!

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Let's not get too carried away. Baltimore is a real Jekyll and Hyde team, and the Bears almost snatched defeat out of the jaws of certain victory. However the defense did play exceptionally and lets see if they can repeat that type of performance. I do like what Trubisky is doing, especially knowing when to throw the ball away and live to fight another down. He had a couple of exceptional throws also. But goodness, what is up with Whitehair. Sophomore slump?

Shane Walsh

aka "Captain Oblivious"
Cynthiana, Kentucky
Whitehair is not a center. Grassu got hurt, now we get to see this nonsense.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Whitehair is not a center. Grassu got hurt, now we get to see this nonsense.
But he had such a good season last year. I know they didn't draft him to be a center though. I was hoping that Grasu would be good/healthy enough to start this season, then they could move Whitehair to his natural position at guard, and then move Long to a tackle. Is this even possible?

Whitehair has been fine other than his bad snaps. Not nearly as bad as Leno.

Absolutely yes. Trade a draft pick. Mid, late round or something. He’s immediately our number 1 wr. Immediate upgrade. Also, I think Josh Gordon is applying for reinstatement so, if granted, I think we should go get him. Assuming he’s not still locked into anything with Cleveland. I can’t recall.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
What a tremendous job by the Bears' defense yesterday. And a putrid performance by the offense. It didn't look like they were trying to score points most of the game. At some point, probably next week at New Orleans, the passing game is going to have to open up if they have any chance to win.

Shane Walsh

aka "Captain Oblivious"
Cynthiana, Kentucky
Or somebody needs to remind the D that they are supposed to be tanking....

What a tremendous job by the Bears' defense yesterday. And a putrid performance by the offense. It didn't look like they were trying to score points most of the game. At some point, probably next week at New Orleans, the passing game is going to have to open up if they have any chance to win.

I think a lot of the offensive struggles were that they basically never had the ball until the 3rd quarter. Never had a chance to get any momentum going. That’s already going to be hard enough with this group of wideouts. If Our defense plays like that, we aren’t going to need to score many points. Just some first downs to eat up more clock.

Bears acquire Dontrelle Inman from the Chargers for a conditional 7th round pick in 2018.

Inman had his best career season last year with 58 catches for 810 yards and 4 TDs.

May not be a big name but he's at least better than anything they currently have in the receiving corps.

Not real thrilled to be giving up a draft pick for a guy who’s an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season.

Yeah, he makes the Bears better right now, but who gives a crap.

Not real thrilled to be giving up a draft pick for a guy who’s an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season.

Yeah, he makes the Bears better right now, but who gives a crap.

Hate to break it to you but there wasn't much better you were gonna get out there without giving up something. There was a lot of talk about Martavis Bryant but he's one more failed drug test from being out for a year.

And besides, Inman likely won't play until after the bye week next week anyway so there will at least be time for him to get familiarized with the playbook.

Hate to break it to you but there wasn't much better you were gonna get out there without giving up something.

I would have rather they not give up anything and keep the draft pick. They didn't have to make the trade.

It's not like he's the difference between the Bears making the playoffs or not this year. I suppose he might be the difference between the Bears being 5-11 and 7-9. That's not worth the draft pick in my opinion. Keep it and draft a wide receiver with it instead.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
I would have rather they not give up anything and keep the draft pick. They didn't have to make the trade.

There are only 7 rounds in the draft, so there's not much of a talent difference between a 7th rounder and an unrestricted free agent.

There are only 7 rounds in the draft, so there's not much of a talent difference between a 7th rounder and an unrestricted free agent.

Exactly. If it was a 4th or 5th rounder, then maybe there would be more of an argument. But a 7th rounder isn't going to be a great loss for the Bears in next year's draft.

Will the Bears get more production from a half year of this WR than from 3 years from a 7th round pick? It’s a good chance they will.

But any production they would get out of that 7th round pick would be more likely to contribute to a playoff team than whatever they get from the WR this year.

It’s not THAT big a deal, but it’s short term thinking that forcloses future possibilities in exchange for nothing that gets the Bears closer to being a Super Bowl contender. Why burn a single asset that might be able to improve the team in upcoming seasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.