Chicago White Sox 2019

The Sox 2020 season is over. Battled to the bitter end. Normally lights out bullpen couldn't find the strike zone today.

Crochet left due to dreaded left forearm tightness. I think we can all guess what's coming next unfortunately.

Future is still shining bright. Need another capable starter, right fielder and most importantly, a new manager.

Evanston
That one stings. Crochet getting hurt was really bad luck. He was supposed to go 2 more innings. Ricky pretty much lost his mind and went into panic mode after that. Still, too many walks, too many left on base in scoring position...ugh.
This is hopefully just the beginning for this core group, but can’t help but feel we let one slip away today.

As a non-Sox fan, this surprises me. I thought he did a really nice job with that team.
He did. But Ricky has shown that he's a good guy to help develop a rebuilding team but when you have a good team, his managerial deficiencies are exposed. Some of the names I've heard Chicago sports talk mention as replacements include A.J. Hinch, Alex Cora, and Sandy Alomar Jr.

He did. But Ricky has shown that he's a good guy to help develop a rebuilding team but when you have a good team, his managerial deficiencies are exposed. Some of the names I've heard Chicago sports talk mention as replacements include A.J. Hinch, Alex Cora, and Sandy Alomar Jr.
I guess with Hinch and Cora, the question is whether you want to be the first team to give them another shot after their suspensions. Hinch in particular, I think, is a great manager.

Alomar is probably overdue for a manager position. His work as acting manager for the Indians this year in a next to impossible situation has to get him hired someplace. Very deserving and I think he’ll be excellent. ETA - I think there’s a really high probability that Francona steps away and Alomar replaces him permanently.

Color me stunned. I didn’t think they’d actually do it. Wow.

Ricky is a good clubhouse guy but his game management and decision making leave a lot to be desired, to say the least. It was time for him and Coop to go.

There’s a report now saying the Sox intend to reach out to 76 year old Tony La Russa to be the next manager. That can’t be serious, can it?

Sandy Alomar would be awesome...Hinch, LaRussa, Cora next faves for me. I didn't realize Sandy was just acting/interim which would make it double special. Only thing better would be if it was the Twinks...hey Gardenhire winning WS with Chi Sox would be OK haha... Alomar, Hinch, Cora , Larussa would be my ranking as long as we get another title..best chance...let's take it Chicago great place for 2nd chances... Kopech and Crochet back next season...this is the window....

I didn't realize Coop had been there since the Jerry Manuel era.

As far as the La Russa story, that's just clickbait from Bob Nightengale.
Coop’s actually been with the Sox since ‘88. He was a minor league pitching before his promotion in 2002.

Yeah I’d like to believe the La Russa thing is just them checking in with an old friend of Jerry’s. But you never know with the Sox.