Coaching Carousel

Playing with fire IMO. Don't think for a minute it won't be used against him in recruiting. " do you think Coach Belien will even be here when you arrive, let alone after two years recruit A?"

Or does that only work against Illinois coaches :D

How much more leverage would Beilein need in those negotiations though?

Great results, the cleanest rep in NCAA basketball... Seriously, if I was UM it would basically be handing him a contract and asking him to fill in the years and money.

There has to be other reasons for taking that interview.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
How much more leverage would Beilein need in those negotiations though?

Great results, the cleanest rep in NCAA basketball... Seriously, if I was UM it would basically be handing him a contract and asking him to fill in the years and money.

There has to be other reasons for taking that interview.

Yeah. The dude's coming off an NC game appearance. He already has all the leverage he needs. I wonder if he's miffed the AD didn't offer him a bigger raise/contract after this past season?

Beilien is a solid coach, and he would work in NBA. If pistons don't fill job soon who knows? Wouldn't break my heart, he has killed us on recruits and games, one way to thin competition! ;):illinois:

IllFanInMi

I
Beilein to Pistons, Castleton to Illinois #Junedreaming

Beilien is a solid coach, and he would work in NBA. If pistons don't fill job soon who knows? Wouldn't break my heart, he has killed us on recruits and games, one way to thin competition! ;):illinois:

How painful would this be for Michigan on many fronts? How about they (maybe) almost lose the HOF coach from their arch rival, in-state foe, only for Izzo to stay and THEN lose their own coach to the NBA?

Beilien and Dewayne Casey return to pistons offices late today, according to Wojo. Well, maybe this has some legs. Beilien may think time to make the jump. Dude, do i't, you would be a great NBA coach!!:D:D:thumb:

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/col...cle_b4b352fc-fde2-5e85-a81c-2f1549e44ffa.html

Seeking to keep pace in hoops, Auburn not only kept embattled coach Bruce Pearl, it rewarded him with a contraction extension through 2022-23

Never mind that the NCAA took an intense interest in the Auburn recruiting process due to that federal probe, leading to the ineligibility of two key recruits.

Never mind that the athletic director who hired Pearl, Jay Jacobs, had to resign.

Never mind that Pearl was a less-than-enthusiastic participant in Auburn's internal investigation.

Never mind that Pearl got fired from his last job, at Tennessee, for lying to NCAA investigators.

Writing for CBSSports.com, Gary Parrish helps explain why:

the slime oozing out of your tv set......(my Frank Zappa tip of the cap )

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
I will always remember Duhon as the guy who cost me $$$ with his backdoor cover in the Final 4 vs UConn. Down 4 he hits a ridiculous banked in 3 at the buzzer.

Duhon's rib threads at scout gets me nostalgic...