Illini Basketball 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba Eder

Northeast Missouri
I can't wait for this game, there will be more trash talk B4 game even gets close, not the kids but the fans!:illinois:

Trust me when I say it is already intense between most fans inside the states borders. Down right ugly at times, it'll be sweet when we thump them though. GO ILLINI!!

When you win, these are the perks. MSU gets these games because​ of Izzo and fact they win. Sure the schools pocket money for games too. Couple of years we will get our shot, think we going to Hawaii next year, heard or read something to that effect.

Yep, will be in the Maui next year, good recruiting pitch. When we first hired Underwood I thought that we were going to be in it for 2017. Which would have been the second hire in a row their first year would be in the Maui.

Okay why does everyone always say win all your home games in their blue print for the season like it's just a formality? Even last year it was win all your home games and a few road games...When has a team ever won all their home games in the big ten as a middle of the road team?

I'll happily take 60-70%.

We didn't used to be a middle of the road team.

I think it's a legacy thing. When you're competing for the conference title, you should be able to win almost any game at home. We now have so much information, that we can form different (better?) expectations, that account for home advantage, SOS, etc..

There's no reason to think we'll have enough talent to be a conference contender this year, AND we lost a lot of seniors, so I think most people will start with the assumption that making the dance is enough of a goal.

My personal goal for the team is to be relevant this year, in conference. Next year, if we can recruit, the young guys develop, etc., we may be nationally relevant again, but I'm not expecting we'll crack the top-25 this season. That would be awesome though.

My own projection has us getting votes and maybe a ranking next season, but not this one. Might get votes if we get hot in November & December, though. A Braggin' Rights win would turn heads.

Bubba Eder

Northeast Missouri
I think people who say this are overestimating us and underestimating them. I think Mizzou will be the favorites this year but it is a winnable game.

Option 3, it could just be a enthusiastic fan having fun. Lighten up a little Francis :D

Gunner23

Panama City, Florida
Would really help future recruiting if we do.

One would think that finishing runner-up in the National Championship game would have helped recruiting. Yet, here we are on our 3rd Head Coach since that game...??? :eek:

All this does is make me want french toast :)

Looks like Fletch wants these guys to think about how they build themselves up. More protein less carbs, especially the quick carbs!

High protien, healthy fat, and complex carbs appear to be his nutritional method of choice.

Magoo222

St Louis, MO
Has anyone heard how things are progressing for Damonte ?

Deleted member 8213

D
I missed this father's day tweet from Monte to his dad that Illini fans should dig. Wasn't sure where to put this since he's no longer a recruit. At first I was excited he had grown like 6 inches taller than pops until I saw the bottom of the pic :)

DCoJXUrXsAATZID.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.